16-Feb-18 World View -- Concerns grow over China's covert infiltration into New Zealand's government

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.

Re: 16-Feb-18 World View -- Concerns grow over China's covert infiltration into New Zealand's government

Post by Guest »

Cynic Hero 86 wrote:
Dragon skinner wrote:If America is weakened, distracted, or falters, NZ will be wide open to invasion. NZ's security has been entirely dependent on the US since 1942. The Chinese could easily invade NZ without conquering SE Asia first. This isn't the 1940s. Australia is weak. It wouldn't be able to do anything except barely fend for itself or beg for help.

The current Kiwi government is made up of liberals. They would probably panic and surrender. The Chinese immigrant population is a fifth column. It's not racist to say that. It's true.
Southeast Asia would have to be conquered first because otherwise the logistics of a proposed invasion would be completely awful. Chinese Ships on their way to NZ would be exposed to possible ambush at any time in the absence of a conquered southeast Asia.
I think the point was that without America's navy defending New Zealand, the country would be defenseless. Without the US navy, who would 'ambush' the Chinese navy? The Chinese could land a few thousand troops after a missile bombardment and seize the country. I don't think the Kiwis would resist alone. They don't even have a single fighter aircraft, submarine, or destroyer. Who would stop China, Tonga?

Cynic Hero 86

Re: 16-Feb-18 World View -- Concerns grow over China's covert infiltration into New Zealand's government

Post by Cynic Hero 86 »

Guest wrote:
Cynic Hero 86 wrote:
Dragon skinner wrote:If America is weakened, distracted, or falters, NZ will be wide open to invasion. NZ's security has been entirely dependent on the US since 1942. The Chinese could easily invade NZ without conquering SE Asia first. This isn't the 1940s. Australia is weak. It wouldn't be able to do anything except barely fend for itself or beg for help.

The current Kiwi government is made up of liberals. They would probably panic and surrender. The Chinese immigrant population is a fifth column. It's not racist to say that. It's true.
Southeast Asia would have to be conquered first because otherwise the logistics of a proposed invasion would be completely awful. Chinese Ships on their way to NZ would be exposed to possible ambush at any time in the absence of a conquered southeast Asia.
I think the point was that without America's navy defending New Zealand, the country would be defenseless. Without the US navy, who would 'ambush' the Chinese navy? The Chinese could land a few thousand troops after a missile bombardment and seize the country. I don't think the Kiwis would resist alone. They don't even have a single fighter aircraft, submarine, or destroyer. Who would stop China, Tonga?
Vietnam, Indonesia or India, possibly Russia.

JohnPeterson

Post by JohnPeterson »

John wrote:
Cynic Hero 86 wrote: > Southeast Asia would have to be conquered first because otherwise
> the logistics of a proposed invasion would be completely
> awful. Chinese Ships on their way to NZ would be exposed to
> possible ambush at any time in the absence of a conquered
> southeast Asia.
Wow! A coherent posting that doesn't contain the word "Boomer." I'm
impressed!
:)