12-Feb-18 World View -- What was Kim Yo-jong thinking as she returned to North Korea from the Olympics?

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

12-Feb-18 World View -- What was Kim Yo-jong thinking as she returned to North Korea from the Olympics?

Post by John »

12-Feb-18 World View -- What was Kim Yo-jong thinking as she returned
to North Korea from the Olympics?

Moon Jae-in faces some difficult decisions

** 12-Feb-18 World View -- What was Kim Yo-jong thinking as she returned to North Korea from the Olympics?
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180212

Contents:
Kim Yo-jong, the North Korean dictator's sister, charms the Olympics
Kim Yo-jong returns to Pyongyang with fond memories and an invitation for Moon
Moon Jae-in faces some difficult decisions

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, North Korea, Kim Jong-un, Kim Yo-jong,
South Korea, Moon Jae-in, Seoul, Olympics, Mike Pence,
Choo Mi-ae, Chang Je-won, Japan, Shinzo Abe, bloody nose attack,
Russia, Boris Yeltsin, Johnson Space Center, Randall's Supermarket

Tom Mazanec

Re: 12-Feb-18 World View -- What was Kim Yo-jong thinking as she returned to North Korea from the Olympics?

Post by Tom Mazanec »

But actually that doesn't make sense, as the logic points in the opposite direction. Assuming that a way can be found to destroy North Korea's nuclear and ballistic missile development facilities, the North would just have to accept it. If the North retaliated and attacked Seoul, then the next American attack would completely destroy Kim Jong-un's government, and Kim himself would be killed.

But actually that is a big assumption. Koreans are not stupid, and I assume KIm has done everything possible to protect his nuclear and ballistic missile development facilities.

American government officials have been extremely clear that they will not permit North Korea to "have a deliverable atomic weapon that can reach the United States reliably. It just cannot be," in the words of John Kelly, echoing statements by Donald Trump, H.R. McMaster, Steve Bannon, Lindsey Graham, and others.

How long till they have a Hiroshima type weapon which can reach Honolulu?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

devorah

Re: 12-Feb-18 World View -- What was Kim Yo-jong thinking as she returned to North Korea from the Olympics?

Post by devorah »

Tom makes a good point. For years Iranian leaders have bragged about unreachable underground nuclear facilities. We peons do not hear gleanings of satellite intel.
John's appraisal that Kim is buying development, testing and assembly time is well-founded. Kim is obsessively focused on nuking someone. Sanity is not his long suit.
His sister did her job. She will live to make more charm tours...she is certainly more visually pleasant. Eventually Kim will aim and fire a long-range weapon. Hawaii, Guam and west coast cities plus South Korea should not relax. Nothing has changed.

John

Post by John »

All we're really arguing about now is which disastrous road to take.
It makes no difference. All roads lead to Rome.

Nero

Post by Nero »

John wrote:All we're really arguing about now is which disastrous road to take.
It makes no difference. All roads lead to Rome.
Does that mean we should as they say "do as the romans"? What is it again those romans do? Build roads?
What was Kim Yo-jong thinking as she returned to North Korea from the Olympics?
"I knew I gave up figure skating too early. Daddy doubted me but I know that could've been me out there on that ice rather than dealing with these stupid politicians."

psCargile

Post by psCargile »

Should have gone with the movie plot and kidnapped her. "You'll get your sister back when you hand over the nukes."

Cynic Hero 86

Post by Cynic Hero 86 »

psCargile wrote:Should have gone with the movie plot and kidnapped her. "You'll get your sister back when you hand over the nukes."
Why go through all this trouble when you can just launch a surprise Nuclear strike on the Nuclear facilities, support installations and armaments production centers. Oh I forgot Baby Boomers are cowards by nature and especially want their children to be defined by THEIR ideals no matter how much the kids hate the ideals.

Cynic Hero 86

Post by Cynic Hero 86 »

Article on the nature of boomers:

http://www.amerika.org/politics/pull-th ... y-boomers/

I recommend that readers read the article and then the comments thread.

psCargile

Post by psCargile »

Why go through all this trouble. . .
What trouble? She was right there.

Post by Guest »

His sister looked nasty; her smile couldn't mask that. I think the way the South Koreans are getting played by the Norks is embarrassing. Everyone can see it but the South Koreans. It's time to sideline South Korea and destroy North Korea. If we listen to the Anti-Trump crowd and wait, American cities will be destroyed, and then CNN will blame Trump. Trump's smart. He knows all of this. Sideline the Koreans, and destroy the North completely. Let President Moon awaken to flashes on the horizon.