7-Feb-18 World View -- Maldives crisis pits India vs China in the Indian Ocean

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

Post by John »

Maldives president arrests Supreme Court justices to get favorable court ruling

** 7-Feb-18 World View -- Maldives crisis pits India vs China in the Indian Ocean
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180207

Contents:
Maldives president arrests Supreme Court justices to get favorable court ruling
Maldives crisis pits India vs China in the Indian Ocean

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Maldives, Abdulla Yameen, Mohamed Nasheed,
India, China, Saudi Arabia, Qatar,
Belt and Road Initiative, BRI,
Maritime Silk Road, Sri Lanka, Hambantota seaport

devorah

Re: 7-Feb-18 World View -- Maldives crisis pits India vs China in the Indian Ocean

Post by devorah »

Attention: President Trump
China has a fully operative successful master plan. Have you and your "advisors" noted the super power nature of China's sphere of influence? How are you artfully dealing this with the Russians? Of course there's rocket fat boy with missiles aimed at the States.
Remember us, Mr. president, we legal American citizens are currently supporting 30,000,000 illegal invaders against our wills. Are you REALLY updating our military to protect us AT HOME? These are not FDR secret squirrel days. Some of us are aware of factual history.
You have surrounded yourself with idiots--and we are paying at all levels.

Thulsa Doom

Re: 7-Feb-18 World View -- Maldives crisis pits India vs China in the Indian Ocean

Post by Thulsa Doom »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... warns.html

I wonder if China is behind this or trying to restrain it? I wonder if China is playing '4D chess'? Or is everything just spiraling out of control? Would it be a good strategy for China to have wars on several fronts (possibly diffusing the strength of its opponents)? Or is China biting off more than it can chew? Is there a method behind all of this? To be it seems out of control.

John

Post by John »

Thulsa Doom wrote: > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... warns.html

> I wonder if China is behind this or trying to restrain it? I
> wonder if China is playing '4D chess'? Or is everything just
> spiraling out of control? Would it be a good strategy for China to
> have wars on several fronts (possibly diffusing the strength of
> its opponents)? Or is China biting off more than it can chew? Is
> there a method behind all of this? To be it seems out of
> control.

India has for years been preparing for a two-front war with
Pakistan and China.

Pakistan has for years been preparing for war with India in Kashmir.

China has for years been preparing for war with India to annex various
parts of India.

Here are a couple of articles on last year's Doklam standoff:

** 12-Aug-17 World View -- China and India prepare for border war at Doklam Plateau
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e170812

** 24-Sep-17 World View -- Analysts draw lessons from the China vs India Doklam border standoff
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e170924

ponderingPOSSUM

Post by ponderingPOSSUM »

Thulsa Doom wrote:To be it seems out of control.
Really feels like this is the case. Almost feels like a game who can keep their shit together for the longest before someone breaks and does something obscenely .

Post by Guest »

War by spring. I find John's 5 year world war III to wildly optimistic. I don't think armies will hold together through nuclear attacks and starvation. 5 days would be a better estimate. How are the Chinese and American armies going to function after nuclear exchange? War is week away.

CH86

Post by CH86 »

Guest wrote:War by spring. I find John's 5 year world war III to wildly optimistic. I don't think armies will hold together through nuclear attacks and starvation. 5 days would be a better estimate. How are the Chinese and American armies going to function after nuclear exchange? War is week away.
A Sino-Indian war would not involve the US, the US has no mutual defense treaty with India. War is not yet imminent except possibly limited war because no nation has yet ordered the recall of their ambassadors, the destruction of documents at facilities and installations in or near the opposing or the evacuation of their nationals from the opposing country.