13-Jan-18 World View -- US requests Pakistan's permission to ship Afghan supplies through Gwadar seaport

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

13-Jan-18 World View -- US requests Pakistan's permission to ship Afghan supplies through Gwadar seaport

Post by John »

US-Pakistan relations continue as before, despite US aid cutoff

** 13-Jan-18 World View -- US requests Pakistan's permission to ship Afghan supplies through Gwadar seaport
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180113

Contents:
US-Pakistan relations continue as before, despite US aid cutoff
US requests Pakistan's permission to ship Afghan supplies through Gwadar seaport

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Pakistan, Qamar Javed Bajwa,
Joseph Votel, Afghanistan, Richard Snelsire,
Karachi, Gwadar, China, Xinjiang, South China Sea,
China-Pakistan Economic Corridor, CPEC,
Tajikistan, Sri Lanka

FishbellykanakaDude

Re: 13-Jan-18 World View -- US requests Pakistan's permission to ship Afghan supplies through Gwadar seaport

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

..wait,.. is "nother" a word!?
..."However, there's a whole nother side to that issue that hasn't been mentioned much: Pakistan doesn't want to be China's bitch." ...
Well, at least you didn't call anybody a shithole!n <chuckle!>

Aloha nui! <shaka!> :)

John

Re: 13-Jan-18 World View -- US requests Pakistan's permission to ship Afghan supplies through Gwadar seaport

Post by John »

Is it possible for a native speaker of a language to make a
grammatical error in that language?

sue

Post by sue »

Second attempt to post.
After all the blustering about having its allowance cut off, Pakistan is back at the table. The nation is in a tough position--self-made. Pakistan is divided: indigenous haves, have nots and migrant serfs. China held out the silk carrot and like Sri Lanka, the Pakistani haves grabbed it. Now they are hoping to profit from America. Better we should get something for ca sh outflow.
Only because if our at the very least revealed numbered 8,400 military personnel would I care a fig for the Afghani poppy fields. We need to bring our troops home and place them on OUR borders. Otherwise we have provuded our own hostages. Does anyone in the White House think ahead? Is extrapolation a lost skill?
Thank you, John, for mining your sources. We are better informed to vet and primary at hlme.

John

Post by John »

Yayyyy! You made it.

FishbellykanakaDude

John wrote:Is it possible for a native speaker of a language to make a
Yes. Eye due it awl the tyme.

..and I'm of the opinion that "nother" should be standardized, as it means; the opposite of "another" when used after "a whole" (NOT a-hole!) in the colloquial sub-phrase "a whole nother", ultimately meaning something completely different than the initial thing referred to earlier in the super-phrase.

English is great and horrific, all at once! Are all you furinners out there with me on that?

Let's bring back (!?) the Anglish! (( http://anglish.wikia.com/wiki/Main_leaf ))

..and my use of that semicolon was probably verboten, but what do I care. :)

And, yeah,.. Gwadar,.. that,.. Pakistan should definitely use their resources as best they can, and if it gives them some "negotiating chits" to trade with China, that's nifty. How can China complain without looking REALLY silly?

Aloha! <shaka!>

RAWR

Post by RAWR »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote:
John wrote:Is it possible for a native speaker of a language to make a
English is great and horrific, all at once! Are all you furinners out there with me on that?

Let's bring back (!?) the Anglish! (( http://anglish.wikia.com/wiki/Main_leaf ))
All 4 it. Beter than being lik the french and giving a shit about their language. America is all about the common man. Fuck your rules I'll take innovation any day of teh week.

FishbellykanakaDude

RAWR wrote:All 4 it. Beter than being lik the french and giving a shit about their language. America is all about the common man. Fuck your rules I'll take innovation any day of teh week.
<chuckle!> :)

A set of rules IS what a language consists of. Should we be slavish to language rules? We shouldn't be slavish about anything. :)

I personally LOVE regional dialects and languages, and the various forms of english are good examples of that.

Suggesting using the "Anglish" is a rather sarcastic example of one of those forms of english that no one should have to be slavish in using.

..it IS fun seeing if you can follow the rules every now and then, as exercise, if nothing else.

And I do need to bone up on my french a bit, 'cause there are a BUNCH of french speaking islands in the south pacific. And my beloved, though not yet visited, Acadia.

Aloha nui! <shaka!>

John

Post by John »

Note that the examples you've been giving are spelling errors, not grammar errors.

FishbellykanakaDude

John wrote:Note that the examples you've been giving are spelling errors, not grammar errors.
..and I thought I was the grammar nazi!?

<Chortle!>

OK then,.. I see your "nother" and raise you a... uh,.. argh,.. I'm crap at this game!

Oh,.. "My button's bigger then YOU'RE button!"

..though I would never actually DO that, 'cuz I'd simply feel a pain, right here (points to chest) and be forced to correct it.

Damn it,.. I'm CRAP at this game!

..hmm, is using "crap" as a verb egregious enough for a few points? I'd hate to go home totally skunked.

Aloha hoaloha!