3-Jan-18 World View -- US-Pakistan relations hit major crossroad, as US cuts aid

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

3-Jan-18 World View -- US-Pakistan relations hit major crossroad, as US cuts aid

Post by John »

Ohhhhhhhh noooooo! Chocolate may be extinct by 2050!

** 3-Jan-18 World View -- US-Pakistan relations hit major crossroad, as US cuts aid
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e180103

Contents:
In scathing criticism of Pakistan, Trump administration cuts $255 million in aid
US-Pakistan relations at a crossroad
Ohhhhhhhh noooooo! Chocolate may be extinct by 2050!

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Pakistan, National Security Committee, NSC,
Nikki Haley, Mike Pence, Afghanistan, Asif Ghafoor, Osama bin Laden,
Steve Bannon, China,
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, NOAA, chocolate

Julien

Re: 3-Jan-18 World View -- US-Pakistan relations hit major crossroad, as US cuts aid

Post by Julien »

Chocolate extinct by 2050
I agree it's the most dangerous threat against mankind ever :D . However I have a plan: just take chocolate now and eat it. Happy new year John and enjoy your life!

sue

Re: 3-Jan-18 World View -- US-Pakistan relations hit major crossroad, as US cuts aid

Post by sue »

Always fascinating to see tribal land masses attempting to assert influence beyond themselves. Ghafoor's blatant lie that there is, "...no organized infrastructure..." would be ludicrous if not deadly. First hand reports declare the opposite and include radicalization of Afghani and Somalian indigenous populations.
Pakistanis here in America own core businesses to fund terrorists in addition to DC handouts. We have the fund cut figure. How much are we still sending an enemy?
A world without dark chocolate is a world without sunshine. Let the hoarding begin!

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Anthropogenic Global Warming may not yet be a disaster or even a crisis, but it is a problem:
https://robertscribbler.com/
Bob, here, is an alarmist about the future, but he also points out trouble that AGW is already causing.
John, you might be right that the Singularity will solve this problem. But you might also be like those people who keep expecting the Second Coming. We don't know about something as novel as hyperhuman intelligence in a computer to say for sure one way or another.
You keep making jokes about global warming and the hypocrisy of people who fly around warning about it. If you weighed 275 pounds and your 275 pound doctor told you to lose weight, the fact that Doc could not live up to his own advice does not make his advice wrong.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Jack Edwards

Post by Jack Edwards »

Anthropogenic Global Warming may not yet be a disaster or even a crisis, but it is a problem:
The issue I have with the alarmists, is that all of their solutions involve paying more taxes and giving government more control over people's lives. If they seriously cared about reducing CO2 output, what's needed is the following:
-Build lot of nuclear power plants and convert a lot of energy usage from petro fuels to electricity.
-Encourage people to live in small houses
-Encourage people to drive small cars, or not at all
-Keep home heating and cooling to a minimum
-Stop buying out of season fruits and vegetables from all over the world
-Convert from meat based protein to other forms
- etc.
I analyze data for a living - the whole CAGW issue if true at all is exaggerated. "Scientists" are constantly adjusting their data sets to get the results they want. Cherry picking starting and end points for analysis. If I did that I wouldn't have a job, because I have to produce real results and models that actually work.

But that's not surprising - when the dairy producers association finds in a "study" that consuming more dairy is beneficial - are you surprised? When scientists who get their grant money from the government come to conclusions that can be used to make government larger - why should we be surprised.

If you care about the environment - just don't consume as much. Be responsible in how you dispose of things, and lower your standard of living significantly - do it because you care about mother earth.

Regards,
Jack

George Soros

Post by George Soros »

John wrote: Ohhhhhhhh noooooo! Chocolate may be extinct by 2050!
FAKE NEWS!!! More BLM leftist propaganda. So sick of it! why won't everyone fight teh globali-swamp-elite-ism with me???

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Tom Mazanec wrote:Anthropogenic Global Warming may not yet be a disaster or even a crisis, but it is a problem:
https://robertscribbler.com/
Bob, here, is an alarmist about the future, but he also points out trouble that AGW is already causing.
John, you might be right that the Singularity will solve this problem. But you might also be like those people who keep expecting the Second Coming. We don't know about something as novel as hyperhuman intelligence in a computer to say for sure one way or another.
You keep making jokes about global warming and the hypocrisy of people who fly around warning about it. If you weighed 275 pounds and your 275 pound doctor told you to lose weight, the fact that Doc could not live up to his own advice does not make his advice wrong.
The "Singularity" IS a "Second Coming",.. but so was peat, then coal, then petroleum, then atomic energy, then blah blah blah.

If "scientists" focused on "Don't Waste Stuff!" we'd respect them MUCH more. But they focus on "People are a CANCER!!", which, sensibly, annoys people greatly.

I personally intend to live on a tiny sailboat in the ocean, and "sponge" off "land resources" as little as possible, because I'm thrilled with the challenge of it! It simply sounds like a SHITLOAD of fun to me. And yes,.. I am a nut case, obviously. )

But, eventually, the "scientist" community will come to see that for mankind to really "progress" all that needs to be done is to waste as little as possible and don't crap in your bed any more than is absolutely necessary, while explaining to "the masses" that it's "scientific sense" to form governmental systems that protect their citizens from "involuntary trade" (thievery) so that they (citizens/mankind) are as free as possible to think up nifty ways to solve that "Don't Waste Shit!" philosophy.

"Global Climate Change" IS (not "might be") this planets way of dealing with whatever it's dealing with, geophysically and astrophysically, at this time in history.

I have faith that the goal of those "dealings" will make humanity stronger and more "fit" to carry on our purpose here.

I pity those who don't have that faith, but I do understand how they can think the way they do, as to think that way is encouraged by those who would enslave mankind for their own peculiar purposes, and can pay quite well indeed,.. at least in the short term.

Aloha! :) <shaka!>

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

FishbellykanakaDude:

There are a lot of scientists. Some of them are doing this now. Many are not. I expect more to do so in the future.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Tom Mazanec wrote:FishbellykanakaDude:

There are a lot of scientists. Some of them are doing this now. Many are not. I expect more to do so in the future.
YAY!!!

I agree. :) That is the trend.

And it IS a bit silly of me to compare those "emergent energy resources" to the "Singularity",.. but the point is that some unexpected (emergent) technology always comes along to "solve" apparently unsolvable problems (that mankind invents for itself).

The great "Default Technology" to solve problems is, of course, war. So, when we're not as creative as we could be but aren't, we fall back on that old chestnut as our "solution".

But, to get back to the subject of this thread, without the pressure on a "nation" to do SOMETHING to solve their "problems" they will just keep carrying on, getting lazier and lazier, more and more inertial, and the combination of having a habit of laziness and chronically building "problems" results in taking the frustrated lazy man's default path, which is war.

Therefore, pressurizing nations to get off their duffs and figure something out, by not being their "laziness" enabler, will move things along, one way of another.

Live aloha, as best you can! :) <shaka nui!>