21-Dec-17 World View -- Burma (Myanmar) blocks UN Rohingya investigator. as genocide charges are raised

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

21-Dec-17 World View -- Burma (Myanmar) blocks UN Rohingya investigator. as genocide charges are raised

Post by John »

Burma officials, including Aung San Suu Kyi, may face genocide charges

** 21-Dec-17 World View -- Burma (Myanmar) blocks UN Rohingya investigator. as genocide charges are raised
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e171221

Contents:
Burma (Myanmar) blocks UN investigator from investigating atrocities against Rohingyas
Burma officials, including Aung San Suu Kyi, may face genocide charges

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Burma, Myanmar, Rohingyas, Bangladesh,
Yanghee Lee, Ashin Wirathu, "969 movement", Buddha,
Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein, Aung San Suu Kyi, Aung Min Hlaing

Re: 21-Dec-17 World View -- Burma (Myanmar) blocks UN Rohingya investigator. as genocide charges are raised

Post by Guest »

Burma's Buddhist genocide of Muslims is the second-worst genocide so far this century, the worst being Bashar al-Assad's Shia/Alawite genocide of Sunnis in Syria.
I am curious how you come to this conclusion. How do you compare the genocides in Burma, Syria, and the Central African Republic? Do you have accurate numbers of the dead? Is this just an impression? How would you even measure the severity of a genocidal war?

John

Re: 21-Dec-17 World View -- Burma (Myanmar) blocks UN Rohingya investigator. as genocide charges are raised

Post by John »

> Burma's Buddhist genocide of Muslims is the second-worst genocide
> so far this century, the worst being Bashar al-Assad's
> Shia/Alawite genocide of Sunnis in Syria.
Guest wrote: > I am curious how you come to this conclusion. How do you compare
> the genocides in Burma, Syria, and the Central African Republic?
> Do you have accurate numbers of the dead? Is this just an
> impression? How would you even measure the severity of a genocidal
> war?
That's an interesting question.

I haven't mentioned this lately, but I used to say that as part of the
Generational Dynamics theory, I use the word "genocide" in a way that
differs from the strictly legal definition. The Generational Dynamics
definition of "genocide" refers to any action that clearly gives
little value to individual life. Generally this means that the
society gives much higher priority to scoring a victory in war than it
gives to the goal of preserving individual lives, especially civilian
lives.

Within that definition, we can refine it to two major types.

One type of genocide occurs in a generational Crisis era civil war,
where people in one ethnic group are out killing their next-door
neighbors of a different ethnic group. This would be what happened in
the Rwanda genocide, and it's what's happening today in Central
African Republic.

The other type of genocide can occur during any generational era,
because it's driven by the political leaders.

Examples in the last century include Turkey's Armenian genocide
(Crisis era), Stalin's Holomodor in Ukraine (Recovery era), Hitler's
Holocaust (Crisis era), Mao Zedong's Great Leap Forward (Recovery
Era), Pol Pot's Killing Fields in Cambodia (Crisis era), and Serbia's
Bosnian War genocide (Crisis era).

The two major examples in this century are Bashar al-Assad's genocide
in Syria of his Sunni Muslim opposition (Awakening era) and Burma's
Buddhist genocide of Muslims, especially Rohingya (Crisis era).

So which of these is a worse genocide? I count Syria's genocide
as worse because there are something like 10 million displaced
people and refugees, while in Burma there are "only" 660,000
refugees.

As you say, this is my own personal impression, but I feel
comfortable with it given that this is a factor of 15 difference.
Last edited by John on Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added Armenian and Bosnian genocides to list

sue

Post by sue »

This item appeared on Breitbart today where I have previously commented. John's mind is acute and his definitions well thought out. I am not so nice. To me, dead is dead. Yes, I get it: first degree murder is different from manslaughter.
My point is that the quran spells out islam's dogma and goals. I am trying to imagine how far Buhists must be pushed to mount attacks. The obviously slanted AP piece did nothing to change my perception that the back story on this is missing.
Frankly, the LAST agency that would ever investigate anywhere under my governance would be the UN. They are occupying American soil though their delegates are largely anti-American and their diplomats/employee law breakers face NO consequences. (I know. Hard to be sympathetic to New York City. I care about the unpunished outlaw part.)

Mr Nemo

Post by Mr Nemo »

Mr. Xenakis, what you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent article were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this site is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may GOD have mercy on your soul.

John

Post by John »

Mr Nemo wrote: > Mr. Xenakis, what you've just wrote is one of the most insanely
> idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling,
> incoherent article were you even close to anything that could be
> considered a rational thought. Everyone on this site is now dumber
> for having read it. I award you no points, and may GOD have mercy
> on your soul.
I deal constantly with paid trolls of all kinds -- Chinese, Russian,
Syrian, and in your case Burmese. The only idiot on this web site is
you. And it's quite appropriate that you've named yourself after a
cartoon baby clown fish, because that fits you very well.

Mr. Nemo

Not_suprised

Post by Not_suprised »

I always wondered why Aung San Suu Kyi would tolerate being locked up under house arrest for 15 years. Either she was eventually brain-washed by the Burmese military heads to follow along once she's in power, or they knew what she was capable of doing. There has to be some type of conspiracy between the two.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Mr Nemo wrote:Mr. Xenakis, what you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent article were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this site is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may GOD have mercy on your soul.
Nemes, dude, what are you talking about? (You may call me "Fishy" or "Fishster", or whatever your cleverness dictates.)

A little specificity as to the alleged "insanely idiotic things" would help make you look less "clown fish" like.

"Incoherence"? Where?

We wait on your clarification with bated breath.

Aloha buckeroo! ("Buckeroo" is a term of endearment, by the way, and "Aloha" means love.) <shaka!>

Post by Guest »

Mr Nemo wrote:Mr. Xenakis, what you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent article were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this site is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may GOD have mercy on your soul.
How can anyone take you seriously? You're really hypocritical. You're the way that thinks they are always right. How ridiculous you are. Is nuclear annihilation really that hilarious?

Post by Guest »

Not_suprised wrote:I always wondered why Aung San Suu Kyi would tolerate being locked up under house arrest for 15 years. Either she was eventually brain-washed by the Burmese military heads to follow along once she's in power, or they knew what she was capable of doing. There has to be some type of conspiracy between the two.
I'm enjoying watching another icon of the left being publicly exposed for the: #1 hypocrite that she really is. #2 a moral and physical coward. Either way her legacy is as toasted a Hillary's...