7-Dec-17 World View -- International #MeToo movement generates backlash against women from 'Mike Pence rule'

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

7-Dec-17 World View -- International #MeToo movement generates backlash against women from 'Mike Pence rule'

Post by John »

Time Magazine makes international #MeToo movement 'person of the year'

** 7-Dec-17 World View -- International #MeToo movement generates backlash against women from 'Mike Pence rule'
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e171207

Contents:
Time Magazine makes international #MeToo movement 'person of the year'
The 'Mike Pence rule' shows how the #MeToo backlash will hurt women

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, #MeToo, Time Magazine, King Carl XVI Gustaf,
Katty Kay, Mike Pence, Clarence Thomas, Anita Hill,
Susan Estrich, Bill Clinton, Nestor Barrero,
Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook, National Organization of Women, NOW

Trevor

Re: 7-Dec-17 World View -- International #MeToo movement generates backlash against women from 'Mike Pence rule'

Post by Trevor »

These days, I'd say Mike Pence would be smart; I've learned through painful experience not to compliment or flirt with woman.

After reading your book, I've done some independent research on this topic. Some of the people I know on Facebook (online friends of relatives) that are feminists frequently toss around the term "Rape culture". I couldn't help but wonder: what exactly did they mean by that? What were they saying? I'm aware it's still a major problem and justice can be elusive, but that didn't seem like what they meant.

Eventually, I received an answer, or at least a resemblance of one: "Rape culture" means that this is something that men consider to be perfectly acceptable to do and that it's the woman's fault, that men excuse it on flimsy. I couldn't believe it and part of me still can't; I have NEVER heard anyone say that she was asking for it and I'm speaking as someone who's known a lot of assholes. Now I don't doubt that there are fools who believe this, but if it's as common and prevalent as they claim, why have I never encountered that sort of victim-blaming? The worst I've heard is: "It's terrible what happened to her, but how could she be so F***** stupid?"

I read a woman's blog post about how she interpreted this movement (Part of the Men's Rights Movement for full disclosure): that this will bring down some who richly deserve it, like Harvey Weinstein, but there will also be plenty of innocent men who have their life destroyed, or trivial acts and miscommunications.

There's a major divide, especially in voting. Women have leaned a little more towards the democratic side for decades, but it's grown enormously; there was an 11-point gender gap in voting during the 2016 election.

Actually, I read the numbers on college rape: that it's something like one in 40 to one in 50 women that are victims, not one in five. I know enough when I see a study or statistic to ask who's in charge of it and how they're defining their claim. That's still a big problem, but nothing like the nightmare that feminists and democrats are claiming; it'd be like living in the Congo or the Balkans during the Bosnian War.

It's lead to more than reputations being destroyed; people have been murdered over these kinds of accusations and while I have no sympathy for those who are actually guilty, some of them were innocent. We have due process and a presumption of innocence for a reason. This is looking like it'll be even worse than what happened during the 90s.

A question: you said Bill Clinton's been credibly accused of rape by seven women, but the only one I know of is Juanita Broddrick. Do you know the others?

David

Re: 7-Dec-17 World View -- International #MeToo movement generates backlash against women from 'Mike Pence rule'

Post by David »

Wow! You should stick with generational theory where you have some credibility. I've met people like you during the Catholic Church revelations, not good. Years of putting up with sexual assaults is what you are seeing the backlash to if you care to open your eyes. The stories I know about 1st hand to be true both from victims and perps I think you are way off base. Women as a group need to worry about a backlash? I hope I never live to see that day because I will be fighting on their side.
I do not believe every story is true because they say so, and men and women do make mistakes. Mistakes are on thing and patterns are different, just like workplace accidents. What you are seeing exposed is multiple people coming forward against each person, they are all liars? Men in power don't push it a little or alot? Women don't use sex to gain position? Victims don't already get that there are people out there just like you and no there will be no validation or support.
You mention rape and torture as common in times of war but not as a common occurrence in life? You act like rape occurs out in the open like a crowded sidewalk and anyone who assaulted behind closed doors is not telling the truth?

That Mike Pence rule is just smart. My son had a nasty run in with a female psychopath and she set out to wreck his relationship and succeeded. He blocked her from affecting his carrier. Extramarital sex can be used in blackmail has been for years. People in power need to be careful.

This has got to be the worst article you have ever written. Unfortunately I know people just like you and how they feel about this stuff. Good luck, and stick with what you know, you bias is obvious. If you put as much effort into learning and understanding rape and assault as you have done with generational dynamics you might have a clearer picture.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Trials in NORMAL courts are often of the "kangaroo" variety, and trials in the "Court of Public Opinion" are ALWAYS of that variety.

The simple fact is that when people see they are vulnerable to attack for "possible misinterpretations" of their behavior, then they will minimize "relations" with those type of "misinterpreting" people in "non-trusted" situations.

Charge criminals with crimes. Ostracize asshats for being asshats.

But most importantly, don't give asshats power over you!

..and wear a body-cam at ALL times.

Aloha gangies!