30-Nov-17 World View -- TV audience shocked watching dramatic suicide of Croat commander convicted of crimes in Bosnia

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

30-Nov-17 World View -- TV audience shocked watching dramatic suicide of Croat commander convicted of crimes in Bosnia

Post by John »

30-Nov-17 World View -- TV audience shocked watching dramatic suicide of Croat commander convicted of war crimes in Bosnian war

Croat commanders committed war crimes while trying to create a 'Greater Croatia'

** 30-Nov-17 World View -- TV audience shocked watching dramatic suicide of Croat commander convicted of war crimes in Bosnian war
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e171130

Contents:
TV audience shocked watching dramatic suicide of Croat commander convicted of war crimes in Bosnian war
Croat commanders committed war crimes while trying to create a 'Greater Croatia'

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Bosnian war, Slobodan Praljak,
International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia, ICTY,
Croat–Bosniak War, Yugoslavia, Herzeg-Bosnia, Herzeg-Bosna,
Davor Bozinovic, Macedonia, Albania

FishbellykanakaDude

Re: 30-Nov-17 World View -- TV audience shocked watching dramatic suicide of Croat commander convicted of crimes in Bosn

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Yet another example of the "recent" trend of people "opting out" of some aspect of life that in other times would be dealt with by "purposeful suffering" or "attempting to persuade" and carrying on "living" in the hope that things may improve.

I myself have essentially given up trying to make a case to my "philosophical opponents" that they are missing a few steps, shall we say, in their "arguments",.. mostly because they don't "argue" (engage in rational conversation with the intention of clarifying everyone's thinking) but instead simply insist that anyone not exactly like themselves (in thought and various other characteristics) is evil, and needs to be exterminated.

Suicide, that "Men opting out of relationships with women" thing, the "know nothing" attitude of so many people, the shit-waffle quality (and crazy high price) of education,.. all these things, and more, point toward a weird "emotional suicide" to get away from the "we all know it's coming" conflict(s).

Question for ya' John: Have you thought of "integrating" GD theory and the thinking (thoughts?) of one Jordan B. Peterson?

I just discovered him a couple of days ago (I'm always WAY behind the curve) and I'm seeing an interesting congruency of thought between your two minds.

...of course that COULD be simply due to his apparent addiction to Coca Cola, and/or his sardonic grumpiness, but I'd be interested in your thinking on his thinking.

Aloha dude! I'm stickin' with living on Island Time, working on my "escape" boat, and not worrying about Little Kimmy too much, and instead marveling at his anti-gravity hair. <Shaka Buckeroo!>

Re: 30-Nov-17 World View -- TV audience shocked watching dramatic suicide of Croat commander convicted of crimes in Bosn

Post by Guest »

How can anyone take you seriously? You're really hypocritical. You're the way that thinks they are always right. How ridiculous you are. Is nuclear annihilation really that hilarious?

John

Post by John »

Edo Batlak, a former prisoner at one of the concentration camps the
former Bosnian Croat leaders were convicted of creating, told N1 he
believed Praljak's action was influenced by his pre-war role as a
theater director.

"Praljak is a director by profession. So this aligns with his
profession, he wants to be remembered by it," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/30/europe/sl ... index.html

Thucydides

Post by Thucydides »

Yugoslavia has a very puzzling generational history to me.

The theory is that generational crisis wars cannot be more tightly spaced because the survivors of the last horrible war are still alive to remember. According to the theory it is these survivors who will do what is necessary to prevent the next genocidal war.

WWI was plainly a crisis war for Yugoslavia. WWI actually started in this region. In WWI several nations of South Slavs came together to fight the Germans and form a joint kingdom that would become known as Yugoslavia.

But WWII was also a horrible war for Yugoslavia. In WWII the kingdom was invaded by the German army. Far from the unity of the first World War, many local factions turned against one another based on ethnic or political differences. Although estimates vary considerably, there is agreement that the death toll was incredible. The US Census Bureau estimated over a million war related deaths in a country with a population of about 15 million.

The reason WWII was not prevented by the survivors of the last Crisis War is obvious. It was imposed on them from the outside. They were unable to prevent it.

So my question is this: why did the survivors of the horrors of WWII not prevent the genocidal wars of the 1990's?

I know that the Bosnian War began a full 47 years after the end of WWII, so many of the survivors were already out of the picture. But what I have heard about the Bosnian War suggests to me that it was more than barely possible. So if anyone has a fuller explanation, I would like to hear it.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Guest wrote:How can anyone take you seriously? You're really hypocritical. You're the way that thinks they are always right. How ridiculous you are. Is nuclear annihilation really that hilarious?
How is it you think I think nuclear annihilation is hilarious?

And show where I'm being hypocritical.

Your typical "leftist" tactic of calling people "not serious", "hypocitical", "unfeeling" (as in thinking that nuclear annihilation is hilarious), and "ridiculous", as well as simply telling people to "shut up", just shows us all where you're coming from. We know who you are. You're simply another would-be tyrant trolling your opposition.

I know I'm not always right. I do have my opinions, however, and for people such as yourself (tyrants) stating opinions that aren't your opinions as honestly held opinions is called "always thinking you're right".

You are free to not actually believe your own stated opinions, if you wish, but when I state my opinions I state them as opinions I believe in.

It's hilarious, actually, when non-thinkers (such as yourself, as you operate entirely on emotions, quite obviously) complain about people who ARE thinkers by claiming them to be "always convinced of their opinions".

Actually, that does make some sense, because since YOU'RE not convinced of your own opinions, and yet you do state them, anyone who IS convinced of their own opinions MUST be "a self aggrandizing know-it-all".

Anyway,.. if you could simply explain what you're talking about regarding your opinions, and refrain from those anti-free-speech tactics of the "left" you use so poorly, you'd be much more interesting to converse with.

And I'm here for the interesting conversation. I really am having a hard time figuring out WHY you're here. But I do suspect you're simply a troll, retaining your name of "guest" as a clear sign of that.

But in any case, have a good one, aloha nui buckeroo, and sail the big ocean with fair winds and workable waves! :) <shaka dude!>