29-Nov-17 World View -- Pakistan government totally capitulates to hardline Islamist TLYRAP mob / North Korea missile

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
FishbellykanakaDude

Re: 29-Nov-17 World View -- Pakistan government totally capitulates to hardline Islamist TLYRAP mob / North Korea missil

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

OtherGuest wrote:
FishbellykanakaDude wrote:...
I wouldn't hold so much certainty. Even if China has that in mind you can't say that Kim doesn't say fuck you or some other crazy series of events unfold. These are the times were nothing can be taken for granted.
I absolutely agree with you! :)

In truth, nothing can EVER be completely taken for granted, of course. But China has more "freedom of action" than the US does, in military and "threat" terms, and I'd rather see China nuke NK than the US.

..in fact, China MIGHT take this "opportunity" to practice some actual ground maneuvers and/or conventional (non-nuke) warfare on NK soil to "contain" the massive refugee potential, and appear to be the "savior" of the world (from the "Dr. Evil" like Super-Threat of Little Kimmy and the Parasite Squad).

Great PR, military practice, and a grand diversion from "other problems" sounds like a huge gift to the Chinese, in my opinion.

..but,.. we'll see, as you're quite right that any amount of weirdness is more than possible, and highly probable.

Aloha!

Enough

Re: 29-Nov-17 World View -- Pakistan government totally capitulates to hardline Islamist TLYRAP mob / North Korea missil

Post by Enough »

Most Americans can't even remember when the NKs took our billions in grain and other goods, we gave them everything they wanted, in return to not pursue a nuke program and they violated the agreement once they had what they wanted. They have violated every agreement we have ever made with them. The only thing they understand is the tip of a spear stuck in their face.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

My personal guess is that China will continue pushing, getting what it wants, and then sometime (probably under Trump) America will say "That's all I can stands and I can't stands no more!" and then war. It will be like in 1939...Hitler wasn't "ready" for war, he had been getting what he wanted (Austria, Sudetenland, etc) but when he went into Poland Britain said "Enough is enough" and the SHTF.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Tom Mazanec wrote:My personal guess is that China will continue pushing, getting what it wants, and then sometime (probably under Trump) America will say "That's all I can stands and I can't stands no more!" and then war. It will be like in 1939...Hitler wasn't "ready" for war, he had been getting what he wanted (Austria, Sudetenland, etc) but when he went into Poland Britain said "Enough is enough" and the SHTF.
Yup.

I'm guessing right after the next US Pres election. Maybe the spring after that.

Then again, perhaps they (China) won't think they're "ready-est" enough at that time (45% confidence) and make a few more pushes, each one nearly exponentially bigger than the last, until the "Popeye Threshold" is met and the US prompts them to "strike first".