21-Nov-17 World View -- China's envoy to North Korea fails to end nuclear crisis / Kim Jong-un illness

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
I live in Korea

Re: 21-Nov-17 World View -- China's envoy to North Korea fails to end nuclear crisis / Kim Jong-un illness

Post by I live in Korea »

So will America allow the North to have H-bombs or will they attack and destroy that capability. I work in Seoul.

John

Re: 21-Nov-17 World View -- China's envoy to North Korea fails to end nuclear crisis / Kim Jong-un illness

Post by John »

I live in Korea wrote: > So will America allow the North to have H-bombs or will they
> attack and destroy that capability. I work in Seoul.
I wish that I could be optimistic for you, but unfortunately I can't.
Unfortunately, you're in the eye of the storm. If you have any
options, you might consider leaving South Korea, or at least leaving
Seoul and moving to the south where it will probably be safer.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

John wrote:
I live in Korea wrote: > So will America allow the North to have H-bombs or will they
> attack and destroy that capability. I work in Seoul.
I wish that I could be optimistic for you, but unfortunately I can't.
Unfortunately, you're in the eye of the storm. If you have any
options, you might consider leaving South Korea, or at least leaving
Seoul and moving to the south where it will probably be safer.
If I'm in a smallish boat (my skin) and a hurricane track is POSSIBLY overlapping my course, I'm going to change course and head for a hurricane hole (safe harbor).

BUT,.. I'm thinking this "hurricane" is a created casus belli, created by China and the US to overthrow Little Kimmy.

Where did Kimmy get the missile technology? North Korea developed it? Hmmmm...

China is not ready to go to war.

What's up? A "collusion" (the good kind?) between China and the US, wherein NK is made to look dangerous, giving the US cause to come close to "nuking Little Kimmy", allowing China to "save the day" by "incentivizing" Kimmy to "give it up or die", diffusing the whole NK "problem", and giving China (and the US) the time they want to preparing for war.

I'd get out of South Korea, simply because you can NEVER count on "clever plans" to actually work and not spiral out of control (see that great sociology documentary series "Black Adder", re: Baldric), but I wouldn't be overly anxious just yet.

..how about a "vacation" in lower Thailand for a few months?

Anxiety doesn't help, and the "solution" to any anxiety is action,.. so take action now.

Aloha īa ʻoe!

Post by Guest »

New rule: GD comes with a prescription of pain pills :lol:

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote: > New rule: GD comes with a prescription of pain pills :lol:
A better choice would be a prescription for whatever was in that
bottle that the Croatian commander Slobodan Praljak drank from
yesterday.

I live in Korea

Post by I live in Korea »

John wrote:
yesterday.
If Americans have no hope, then you world is hopeless.

John

Post by John »

I live in Korea wrote:
John wrote:
yesterday.

Don't judge other Americans by me. I'm a uniquely fatalistic,
hopeless person.

OneWhoLurks

Post by OneWhoLurks »

John wrote:
I live in Korea wrote:
John wrote:
yesterday.

hopeless person.
Yeah John is one end of the extreme. We will get through this but it is going to be far from easy.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” ― Abraham Lincoln

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

John wrote:
I live in Korea wrote:
John wrote:
yesterday.

hopeless person.
I'm not buying your self-characterization, buckeroo! :)

You do see the inevitable, but you also leave "wriggle room" to allow for a "worthwhile outcome" for the world after the aforementioned "inevitable".

If you didn't, you simply wouldn't bother publishing this copious amount of hard gathered information.

Do you agree with this John: This is the best possible world at any particular time, and that which happens must happen and must have happened, and it is as it is as a "classroom" to allow humanity, and individual humans, to either learn or not learn what they need to learn to get more of what they want.

Does humanity WANT to totally exterminate itself? I would say no. I would also say that that would be an impossible task, as we're too widely dispersed on the planet for such an occurrence.

Does humanity WANT to send itself back to "more simple times" by destroying their "high technology/culture" and killing the vast majority of it's population? Many people do. I see them to be a tiny minority.

What does humanity (as a "thing") actually WANT?

What they TRULY want, they will get. It's not "fatalism" to accept the rising and falling of the tide.

Perhaps a return to the neolithic will be a "tonic" for humanity. After all, what ELSE have we got to do as a species than "try shit out" to see if we like it? We're not on a time schedule. We ain't got no BOSS!! If it's gonna be 2000 years 'til we get back to the 1356 AD level of "human progress", so what? There's no "you took too long" penalties!

What they want, they will get,.. so figure out what they want, and surf that wave to achieve your best happiness with the time you are given. Thus has it ever been, and will ever be.

Aloha (love).

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

If it's gonna be 2000 years 'til we get back to the 1356 AD level of "human progress", so what? There's no "you took too long" penalties!

And in evolutionary time, two millennia is like two minutes.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain