17-Nov-17 World View -- Cambodia dissolves the opposition political party so that Hun Sen can be reelected unopposed

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

17-Nov-17 World View -- Cambodia dissolves the opposition political party so that Hun Sen can be reelected unopposed

Post by John »

Comparing Awakening Eras in Cambodia, Syria, Zimbabwe and other countries

** 17-Nov-17 World View -- Cambodia dissolves the opposition political party so that Hun Sen can be reelected unopposed
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e171117

Contents:
Cambodia dissolves the opposition political party so that Hun Sen can be reelected unopposed
Comparing Awakening Eras in Cambodia, Syria, Zimbabwe and other countries

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Cambodia, Killing fields, Hun Sen,
Cambodia National Rescue party, CNRP, Kem Sokha,
Cambodian People's Party (CPP, Lon Nol,
Zimbabwe, Constantino Guvheya Nyikadzino Chiwenga,
Syria, Burundi, Cameroon, Rwanda, Hutus, Tutsis,
Principle of Localization, Steve Bannon

Trevor

Re: 17-Nov-17 World View -- Cambodia dissolves the opposition political party so that Hun Sen can be reelected unopposed

Post by Trevor »

I admit, I've come to see Strauss and Howe's work on Generational Theory in a similar fashion to what Freud was to psychology: groundbreaking in its own way, but by and large wrong.

Is there a way to prevent another Crisis Civil War from breaking out if you end up with the kind of awakening era that these countries are having?

FishbellykanakaDude

Re: 17-Nov-17 World View -- Cambodia dissolves the opposition political party so that Hun Sen can be reelected unopposed

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Trevor wrote:I admit, I've come to see Strauss and Howe's work on Generational Theory in a similar fashion to what Freud was to psychology: groundbreaking in its own way, but by and large wrong.

Is there a way to prevent another Crisis Civil War from breaking out if you end up with the kind of awakening era that these countries are having?
Crisis wars are inevitable, unless the opposing populations are separated and thoroughly convinced that their opponent has no power over them, and can GET no power over them.

If the populations can't get away from each other, or don't want to, and because it's psychologically difficult (impossible?) to defuse the anxieties of "age old enemies", it's essentially impossible to prevent crisis civil wars.

In my opinion, GD Theory points toward the "practical answer" to the question of what humanity is meant to do with itself, which is to get beyond the "evolutionary grind" of the Genocide-Recovery-Genocide-Recovery-Repeat cycle that all life on the planet has used to produce/hone it's Apex Lifeform (humans). Once we (humans) can reconcile the need to sensibly distribute resources and ruthlessly enforce "non-bad manners" so as to alleviate "mass sub-group existential anxieties" with "true" ethical principles, then we will be able to exist stably and "beautifully" in ANY environment, and expand (into the solar system?) as is our will to do so.