25-Oct-17 World View -- Kenya closes border with Madagascar as Black Plague epidemic spreads

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

25-Oct-17 World View -- Kenya closes border with Madagascar as Black Plague epidemic spreads

Post by John »

Pneumonic plague (Black plague) spreads rapidly in Madagascar

** 25-Oct-17 World View -- Kenya closes border with Madagascar as Black Plague epidemic spreads
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e171025

Contents:
Pneumonic plague (Black plague) spreads rapidly in Madagascar
Kenya increase border security from Madagascar because of plague epidemic

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Bubonic plague, Pneumonic Plague, Black Death,
Yersinia pestis, Madagascar, Antananarivo, Tamatave, Mahajunga
World Health Organization, WHO, Kenya

Re: 25-Oct-17 World View -- Kenya closes border with Madagascar as Black Plague epidemic spreads

Post by Guest »

Is that one to three days from exposure? If so, I am not particularly worried. It is a tragedy for those who die to be sure, but such a plague cannot spread far.

A plague with virtually no latency or incubation period and a short time from exposure to fatality become pandemics in horror moves, not real life. In order to spread rapidly or far a plague must allow its victim to live long enough to infect many other people before dying. Plagues that kill almost instantly will invariably burn themselves out.

FishbellykanakaDude

Re: 25-Oct-17 World View -- Kenya closes border with Madagascar as Black Plague epidemic spreads

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Guest wrote:Is that one to three days from exposure? If so, I am not particularly worried. It is a tragedy for those who die to be sure, but such a plague cannot spread far.

A plague with virtually no latency or incubation period and a short time from exposure to fatality become pandemics in horror moves, not real life. In order to spread rapidly or far a plague must allow its victim to live long enough to infect many other people before dying. Plagues that kill almost instantly will invariably burn themselves out.
Game -> Plague Inc: Evolved

Play it. Learn from it! :) <chuckle!>

..I rather like the Zombie mode.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Post by Guest »

Disease or more likely, infection, will soon kill millions or even billions of people. Water and soil pollution will make it much worse. Major Wars might be averted in the face of a new plague. Wars on a small scale yes, but global will be difficult because of the lack of resources. I think war is a necessary function, like drinking enough water. War will wipe away the excess people. Life has always been a crap shoot anyway. Good luck...

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Guest wrote:Disease or more likely, infection, will soon kill millions or even billions of people. Water and soil pollution will make it much worse. Major Wars might be averted in the face of a new plague. Wars on a small scale yes, but global will be difficult because of the lack of resources. I think war is a necessary function, like drinking enough water. War will wipe away the excess people. Life has always been a crap shoot anyway. Good luck...
War, per se, is only necessary (a necessary function of biological/negentropic processes) for humans (at least) because humans are extremely lazy en masse (or in large-ish groups, or very often in smallish groups).

There are no "excess people". There are only "less than positively useful" people.

I do agree that war IS a naturally occurring nature-imposed method of "lifeform hygiene" (as it's easy and "surfs" the dynamics involved "like a BOSS!"). It's only truly necessary if one lacks imagination, and fear and hatred are two of the greatest inhibitors of imagination and the will to do what reality based imagination illuminates as "the thing to do".

An individual life IS a crap shoot, but since the species is (and will always be) impossible to exterminate, it's just plain lazy for our self-arrogating "wise" species to not act on that wisdom,.. as to KNOW that our species (and it's associated GD cyclical dynamic) is not going away, and to also KNOW what needs doing, and then NOT doing it shows how really lazy (and possibly cowardly) we are as "a species".

Then again, kickin' the can down the road is deeply ingrained in humans, as we often have FAR better things to do than "saving the freakin' world" with our limited lifetime (especially if we're "comfortable").

This describes me perfectly, actually, so, yeah, I'm a monstrously lazy assed coward. Anyone else wanna admit to being a lazy coward? :)

..which is why an unassailable multi-trillionaire state-owning invincible super-tech surgical-strike military force commanding super-just-war-ethics possessing "actor" will be the only "initiator" of "doing what needs doing" we'll ever see actually act.

..which is also why we won't see such a person this cycle. Too little time, and not enough ultra-concentrated wealth. Oh well. The train will be back around in a few generations. Find a comfy spot on the bench, and make as many humans (using the appropriate technology [wink wink nudge nudge..]) as possible, cuz we need MORE humans, and obviously NOT FEWER humans.

The ONLY force that could POSSIBLY propel us (as a species) to "solve" the "GD Cycle Problem"™ is super-heightened "population existential anxiety"

Make love, to survive war, as "not war" ain't ever EVER happenin'!

Aloha nui ʻoukou! Nā pomaikaʻi īa kākou! :) <shaka!>

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

If you want to follow this story, a good place is
http://peakoil.com/forums/madagascar-pl ... 73594.html
but you have to register on the site (free).
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

I drank what

Post by I drank what »

"The proportion of pneumonic plague – the form which can be transmitted from person to person – is much higher than in the past. "
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4818057/m ... d-explode/
Health officials warn Black Death pandemic could explode