1-Oct-17 World View -- Catalonia referendum poised to go ahead despite Spain's harsh repressive measures

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

1-Oct-17 World View -- Catalonia referendum poised to go ahead despite Spain's harsh repressive measures

Post by John »

Hundreds of Catalan families occupy school buildings in defiance of police

** 1-Oct-17 World View -- Catalonia referendum poised to go ahead despite Spain's harsh repressive measures
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e171001

Contents:
Catalonia referendum poised to go ahead despite Spain's harsh repressive measures
Hundreds of Catalan families occupy school buildings in defiance of police

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Spain, Catalonia, Carles Puigdemont, Mariano Rajoy,
Julian Assange, Edward Snowden, Russia

Re: 1-Oct-17 World View -- Catalonia referendum poised to go ahead despite Spain's harsh repressive measures

Post by Guest »

I can open the October 1st page. Is the page being blocked in Spain?

Re: 1-Oct-17 World View -- Catalonia referendum poised to go ahead despite Spain's harsh repressive measures

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I can open the October 1st page. Is the page being blocked in Spain?
cannot open

John

Post by John »

Sorry. The entire web site was down most of the night.
Everything is back up now.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

Coordinated fires

Post by Coordinated fires »

With allthe red pills being constantly dropped on this website, and yesterdays China article I had just asssumed you were under some kind of DDOS attack.
Politics is war by other means

Thucydides

Post by Thucydides »

John wrote:A lot of this has to do with money. Catalonia contributes more in taxes to Madrid than it takes out in benefits, so of course Madrid doesn't want to permit independence. If Catalonia were getting more in benefits than it pays in taxes, then they wouldn't want independence, and Madrid would be happy to be rid of them. As an aside, money is also the issue in the Kurds' separatist referendum in Iraq, since the Kurds pay more to Baghdad than they receive. In the end, all the supposedly high-minded rhetoric is only about money. That's the way the world works.
Ironically, the Scottish receive more from London than they pay. This may be why the saner minds, lead by the older generations, voted down the Scottish referendum.

Post by Guest »

TWITTER
Donald J. Trump‏ @realDonaldTrump
...Save your energy Rex, we'll do what has to be done!

I told Rex Tillerson, our wonderful Secretary of State, that he is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man...

This is how America declares war: on Twitter?

John

Post by John »

Think good cop, bad cop.

Coordinated fires

Post by Coordinated fires »

Guest wrote:TWITTER
...Save your energy Rex, we'll do what has to be done!

I told Rex Tillerson, our wonderful Secretary of State, that he is wasting his time trying to negotiate with Little Rocket Man...

This is how America declares war: on Twitter?
I wonder if people scoffed at wars being declared via wireless telegraph. "I say, in my time we declared war properly by way of town crier!"
Politics is war by other means

DaKardii

Post by DaKardii »

Rajoy has handled this referendum very, VERY poorly.

If he were smart (which apparently he's not), he'd (1) let the referendum proceed peacefully, and (2) resort to violent crackdowns only AFTER he refused to recognize it and the Catalonians attempted to resort to violence in order to achieve independence.

Since he decided to resort to violence before the vote is even held, he (1) basically ensured that there will be an armed insurgency (self-fulfilling prophecy, anybody), and (2) possibly lit the match that ignites the Second Spanish Civil War.

John, if I were you, I'd be on standby to change the conflict risk level for Western Europe from 3 to 4 in the near future. Not only is Spain now in serious danger of descending into its most serious violent conflict since the Spanish Civil War, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of copycat referendums and/or insurgencies breaking out across the continent, especially if the other EU member states decide to deploy troops to Spain to intervene.