30-Sep-17 World View -- Steve Bannon and Henry Kissinger form project to sound alarm on China

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

30-Sep-17 World View -- Steve Bannon and Henry Kissinger form project to sound alarm on China

Post by John »

Taiwan's prime minister says that Taiwan is an 'independent sovereign state'

** 30-Sep-17 World View -- Steve Bannon and Henry Kissinger form project to sound alarm on China
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e170930

Contents:
Steve Bannon and Henry Kissinger form project to sound alarm on China
Taiwan's prime minister says that Taiwan is an 'independent sovereign state'

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Steve Bannon, Henry Kissinger,
China, Richard Nixon, Chinese Communist Party, CCP,
Xi Jinping, 19th Party Congress, Taiwan,
William Lai Ching-te, Tsai Ing-wen, One China Policy,
India, Bhutan, Doklam Plateau, North Korea

Coordinated fires

Re: 30-Sep-17 World View -- Steve Bannon and Henry Kissinger form project to sound alarm on China

Post by Coordinated fires »

China is the number one threat to our national security, I truly don't know why this is controversial. This may sound dumb, but I've been aware of this since I was at least 10 years old. They were commies who flew migs with red stars on them, that was all I needed to know.

I grew up after the cold war ended when the Russian military was totally defunct. I watched in dismay as China grew into a rising power year by year. I always just assumed the next big war would come as they eventually sought to seek regional, or perhaps even global hegemony.

Most of the kids I go to school with spend their time in total oblivion on social media or partying. I spend most of my spare time reading Clausewitz, Thucydides, Rommel and Boyd. All in the knowledge that some day it will be my responsibility to be ready for the fight. When my grandfather was about my age, in 1941 he dropped out of university, joined the army, and was commissioned as a second Lieutenant, responsible for the men in his rifle platoon, he told me stories about incompetent platoon leaders, or even company commanders, who sometimes even got men killed. I do not presume to have anywhere near the ability or education of a military professional, but I swore to myself that if I ever found myself in my grandfathers shoes, I would have at least established some educational background and baseline level of competence, so as to not get men killed needlessly. I think if more people did this, it would make us a stronger nation.
Politics is war by other means

Rational Actor

Re: 30-Sep-17 World View -- Steve Bannon and Henry Kissinger form project to sound alarm on China

Post by Rational Actor »

The CIA Korea desk officer Yong Suk Lee, said last week:
But Lee also said Kim Jong Un is a "very rational actor," adding that the North Korean leader "wants to rule for a long time and die peacefully in his own bed." Starting a war with a country as powerful as the U.S., which has many allies in the region, is "not conducive" to this goal, Lee said.
Yeah, he really used the term 'rational actor'. When I hear people use the term "rational actor" I cannot burst out laughing.

Now when did I store my Armageddon supply of pop corn and spam?

Post by Guest »

Trump is pointing his finger at N Korea to distract from the fact he'll be hitting Iran.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Trump is pointing his finger at N Korea to distract from the fact he'll be hitting Iran.
Wrong.

NK is already boxed in, and like a cornered animal it will fight with every means possible since it doomed if it does nothing. NK would rather go out with a Bang than with a Whimper.

When Rex quits then you know War isn't far off. I think Rex will do what ever he can, but once Trumpet & neocons decide to move, I believe Rex will quit since there is no point sticking around.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Coordinated fires wrote:Most of the kids I go to school with spend their time in total oblivion on social media or partying. I spend most of my spare time reading Clausewitz, Thucydides, Rommel and Boyd. All in the knowledge that some day it will be my responsibility to be ready for the fight. When my grandfather was about my age, in 1941 he dropped out of university, joined the army, and was commissioned as a second Lieutenant, responsible for the men in his rifle platoon, he told me stories about incompetent platoon leaders, or even company commanders, who sometimes even got men killed. I do not presume to have anywhere near the ability or education of a military professional, but I swore to myself that if I ever found myself in my grandfathers shoes, I would have at least established some educational background and baseline level of competence, so as to not get men killed needlessly. I think if more people did this, it would make us a stronger nation.
It would but if our society had the prerequisite fear required in order to undergo that work there wouldn't be a lot of the problems we have in the first place.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Bannon and Kissinger share the view that China and America are headed for a world war, and both are them are (in my view) desperately looking for a way to avoid it, by means of an economic alliance.
From the point of view of Generational Dynamics, avoiding this world war is impossible. In every century for millennia, every continent of the world has had massive wars that have killed half the population. In the last century, there were two world wars, plus additional massive wars in Africa, China, South America and South Asia. That this will happen in this century is 100% certain.
I don't think that this is the case. It is clear they both think we are headed toward war but the question remains on whether they think that it is inevitable or not. I no idea about Kissinger (but based on his support of realpolitik he probably view it similar) but we know Bannon knows and understands very acutely the implications of GD. So the choice is he either believes it or he doesn't and it seems pretty clear that he does. If he does then he knows what he is doing isn't going to stop the war but rather this is another tactic in fighting the war. Essentially he is trying to stop or at the very least slow down the leak in the time leading up to it. That seems like a more rational explanation than he believes in GD and that a trade deal could prevent war.... If you view war (or any fight) to be inevitable then the only rational option it to prepare yourself (physically, mentally, socially, etc.) the best in order to win.

Post by Guest »

If you view war (or any fight) to be inevitable then the only rational option it to prepare yourself (physically, mentally, socially, etc.) the best in order to win.
This.

John

Post by John »

Coordinated fires wrote: > China is the number one threat to our national security, I truly
> don't know why this is controversial. This may sound dumb, but
> I've been aware of this since I was at least 10 years old. They
> were commies who flew migs with red stars on them, that was all I
> needed to know.
When I was in college, we had a joke: "The optimists learn Russian,
the pessimists learn Chinese."

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
If you view war (or any fight) to be inevitable then the only rational option it to prepare yourself (physically, mentally, socially, etc.) the best in order to win.
This.
We have to fight. War is the only way. To save ourselves we must utterly destroy our enemies.