12-Aug-17 World View -- China and India prepare for border war at Doklam Plateau

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

12-Aug-17 World View -- China and India prepare for border war at Doklam Plateau

Post by John »

China and India on brink of war that could spread to the Indian Ocean

** 12-Aug-17 World View -- China and India prepare for border war at Doklam Plateau
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e170812

Contents:
India reinforces its military in preparation for war
Bhutan makes it clear to China that its ally is India
SCMP: China and India on brink of war that could spread to the Indian Ocean

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Bhutan, Doklam Plateau, India, China,
Line of Actual Control, LAC, Kashmir,
China Daily, Global Times, South China Morning Post, Hong Kong,
Rajeev Ranjan Chaturvedy

FishbellykanakaDude

Re: 12-Aug-17 World View -- China and India prepare for border war at Doklam Plateau

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

John,.. whatcha think of a "trade of crises", where China trades "containing Little Kimmie from playing with his toys" for the US "containing India to allow China to pass"?

The Chinese HAD to know that that road would cause this kerfuffle! Could NK have been INSTRUCTED to get whacky by the Chinese simply to have a bargaining chip to "buy" the road permit through the Doklam?

..it would also give the US the "opportunity" to look tough, knowing (either explicitly or by implication) that the "bargain" would be offered and accepted as a "win-win" trade.

My calculus: China isn't ready for war, but their prep requires a sea route accessible via the road. The US (The West) thinks that they can allow China the "illusion" that they have that access, but that they (the US/West) can take it back once hostilities start. Thus, the "gamble" that defuses (?) the NK missle crisis and allows China it's road to the sea is worth taking. Peace in our TIME! ..I hear the shouts..

..what annoys me about this calculus is that it SEEMS to be entirely "made in China". I'm sure I missing SOMETHING(S) very big, but the biggest "hole" is whether the US/West had a larger hand in the origination of this "plan/gambit".

Aloha hoaloha! Mahalo.

(( ..as a side note: Any opinion/insight/consideration on the "grand solar minimum" and the cold spell it might cause? ))

Re: 12-Aug-17 World View -- China and India prepare for border war at Doklam Plateau

Post by Guest »

I think Donald Trump's horse trading days are over. The Chinese burned him this spring on North Korea. He won't give them another chance. The Cinese are fraudsters.

John

Post by John »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote: > John,.. whatcha think of a "trade of crises", where China trades
> "containing Little Kimmie from playing with his toys" for the US
> "containing India to allow China to pass"?

> The Chinese HAD to know that that road would cause this kerfuffle!
> Could NK have been INSTRUCTED to get whacky by the Chinese simply
> to have a bargaining chip to "buy" the road permit through the
> Doklam?
Actually, I believe that the Chinese were completely surprised by what
happened. They expected to annex Doklam Plateau easily, by
overwhelming Bhutan's army. It should have been quick and easy, and a
great thing for Xi Jinping to brag about at the November Communist
People's Congress.

What China didn't expect was the intervention of India's army. Now Xi
Jinping is backed into a corner, and threatened with major humiliation
unless he starts a war with India, and he may be humiliated by that as
well.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

I do have to say that from what I have seen the Chinese government seems like the mixture of delusion and arrogant that Japan had prior to WWII. I can understand some level of confidence as the nation has made remarkable progress in a short period of time. However I don't think they realize how structurally flawed their empire is in part due to the velocity for which they want to move. I have seen it very clearly in their finance sector and even read about it in their approach for building construction.
I also don't think they fully appreciate how much of their gains they achieved from America (from exports to education to IP). I also don't feel they understand what it takes to go from creating a cheap second rate knock off to actually leading and figuring out what everyone is going to copy. It feels like their entire strategy in building their nation has been the way they got rich, make a copy for dirt cheap and sell it to everyone. It also seems they don't realize the best you can achieve with this "greedy" approach is a local max. They built their empire on a weak foundation and abuses of human rights via communism. Everything to me says that China, while making a good study of America, still opted for the "Cliff notes" of America's history in substitute for taking the time and energy to fully understanding why and how America works. Some lessons are learned the hard way....

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

John wrote:
FishbellykanakaDude wrote: > John,.. whatcha think of a "trade of crises", where China trades
> "containing Little Kimmie from playing with his toys" for the US
> "containing India to allow China to pass"? ...
Actually, I believe that the Chinese were completely surprised by what
happened. They expected to annex Doklam Plateau easily, by
overwhelming Bhutan's army. It should have been quick and easy, and a
great thing for Xi Jinping to brag about at the November Communist
People's Congress.

What China didn't expect was the intervention of India's army. Now Xi
Jinping is backed into a corner, and threatened with major humiliation
unless he starts a war with India, and he may be humiliated by that as
well.
Well, that may be good news, in a weird way.

If China could be surprised by what should (imho) have been rather obvious, then they may not be "up to" doing anything "rash" until they get their own act together more.

..then again, an "apparently stupid" China might start something because (..wait for it!) it's stupid!

The screwball (dark) comedy that is global politics gets wackier and wackier..

Millennial 83

Post by Millennial 83 »

Welp John once you don't fail to disappoint as you managed to totally ignore the days biggest story in the US, Charlottesville. I'm dead serious how long are you are going to pretend the US is a nation United ready to fight an external for as things continue to collapse internally here? Sometimes I wish I had your boomer shovel to bury my head in the sand with

Go East

Post by Go East »

Millennial 83 wrote:Welp John once you don't fail to disappoint as you managed to totally ignore the days biggest story in the US, Charlottesville. I'm dead serious how long are you are going to pretend the US is a nation United ready to fight an external for as things continue to collapse internally here? Sometimes I wish I had your boomer shovel to bury my head in the sand with
Virtually all western nations will collapse in race wars in the next 1-4 years. I bought a small house in Eastern Europe just to hedge my bets. Eastern Europe is not the easiest place to live, but it's not bad either (depending on which country you choose). The West is a lost cause. Just try to save yourself. The few whites willing to fight are just that: few. Immigration has destroyed the West. Whites in Eastern Europe have already been 'red pilled'. Those that have worked in London or Frankfurt started sending money home years ago once Western European cities became migrant piss holes. Returning white migrants have seen with their own eyes what unchecked immigration has done to Western Europe. Also, a lot of western companies have relocated to Eastern Europe, so employment ops are there, even for foreigners. I have an American friend who is an office manager in Eastern Europe and he makes a good wage, bought an apartment, and married a stunningly beautiful local girl 15 years younger than him. They have a baby together and his in-laws are always helpful. White Westerners, educated, well behaved, can build a new life for themselves. It's better to take the risk rather than stay in migrant disease pools like London, Frankfurt, and Paris. White men have nothing to lose but their chains...

Go East

Post by Go East »

Go East wrote:
Millennial 83 wrote:Welp John once you don't fail to disappoint as you managed to totally ignore the days biggest story in the US, Charlottesville. I'm dead serious how long are you are going to pretend the US is a nation United ready to fight an external for as things continue to collapse internally here? Sometimes I wish I had your boomer shovel to bury my head in the sand with
Virtually all western nations will collapse in race wars in the next 1-4 years. I bought a small house in Eastern Europe just to hedge my bets. Eastern Europe is not the easiest place to live, but it's not bad either (depending on which country you choose). The West is a lost cause. Just try to save yourself. The few whites willing to fight are just that: few. Immigration has destroyed the West. Whites in Eastern Europe have already been 'red pilled'. Those that have worked in London or Frankfurt started sending money home years ago once Western European cities became migrant piss holes. Returning white migrants have seen with their own eyes what unchecked immigration has done to Western Europe. Also, a lot of western companies have relocated to Eastern Europe, so employment ops are there, even for foreigners. I have an American friend who is an office manager in Eastern Europe and he makes a good wage, bought an apartment, and married a stunningly beautiful local girl 15 years younger than him. They have a baby together and his in-laws are always helpful. White Westerners, educated, well behaved, can build a new life for themselves. It's better to take the risk rather than stay in migrant disease pools like London, Frankfurt, and Paris. White men have nothing to lose but their chains...
P.S. Ditch the Western nag. The women in Eastern Europe are beautiful and want to have children. Also, they are 'on your side', unlike British women.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

He has addressed this: his point is you need an external threat to unify the nation (i.e. pearl harbor). All of the infighting just adds to the internal pressure and is a result of the polarized boomer rhetoric. So in this regard the fighting within the nation is part of the bigger picture and is expected to increase until the attention is shifted abroad.