1-Aug-17 World View -- Torture and murder of election official raise fears of violence in Kenya

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

1-Aug-17 World View -- Torture and murder of election official raise fears of violence in Kenya

Post by John »

Widespread fears in Kenya of a repeat of the 2008 tribal violence

** 1-Aug-17 World View -- Torture and murder of election official raise fears of violence in Kenya
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e170801

Contents:
Torture and murder of election official raise fears of violence in Kenya
Widespread fears in Kenya of a repeat of the 2008 tribal violence

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Kenya, Rift Valley, Chris Msando,
Uhuru Kenyatta, Kikuyus, Raila Odinga, Luos, Kalenjins,
Kenya Integrated Electoral Management System, KIEMS,
Kuki Gallman, Mau-Mau rebellion

Coordinated fires

Re: 1-Aug-17 World View -- Torture and murder of election official raise fears of violence in Kenya

Post by Coordinated fires »

I think I read about this conflict in one of the editions of "A Quick & Dirty Guide to War" by James Dunnigan and Austin Bay. They spend a lot of time going over the entho-linguistic, culutural, religious, geographical, historical fault lines that underlie the various conflicts and flash points in the world which are ignored by the media. It's become my go to refference for getting a good background summary of conflict drivers, data points have a lot of overlap with this site.

I wonder how the Chinese will feel about their multi billion dollar railway investments being threatened. Perhaps a good opportunity for PLA "peacekeeping forces" to cut thier teeth. The 2017 DoDmannual report to congress on the Chinese military says the PLA is looking to increase international deployments, including to Africa to conduct humanitarian assistance and to " protect Chinese investments, citizens, etc"
Politics is war by other means

Useless degree

Re: 1-Aug-17 World View -- Torture and murder of election official raise fears of violence in Kenya

Post by Useless degree »

Coordinated fires wrote:I think I read about this conflict in one of the editions of "A Quick & Dirty Guide to War" by James Dunnigan and Austin Bay. They spend a lot of time going over the entho-linguistic, culutural, religious, geographical, historical fault lines that underlie the various conflicts and flash points in the world which are ignored by the media. It's become my go to refference for getting a good background summary of conflict drivers, data points have a lot of overlap with this site.

I wonder how the Chinese will feel about their multi billion dollar railway investments being threatened. Perhaps a good opportunity for PLA "peacekeeping forces" to cut thier teeth. The 2017 DoDmannual report to congress on the Chinese military says the PLA is looking to increase international deployments, including to Africa to conduct humanitarian assistance and to " protect Chinese investments, citizens, etc"
Google: Southern Manchurian Railway and Manchukuo