23-Apr-17 World View -- Scientists worldwide hold an international March for Money on 'Earth Day'

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

23-Apr-17 World View -- Scientists worldwide hold an international March for Money on 'Earth Day'

Post by John »

Rural America and Working Class America

** 23-Apr-17 World View -- Scientists worldwide hold an international March for Money on 'Earth Day'
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e170423

Contents:
Scientists worldwide hold an international March for Money on 'Earth Day'
Climate change -- a self-correcting problem
Climate change predictions
Rural America and Working Class America

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Earth Day, March for Science,
Canada, Justin Trudeau, Lori Burrows, McMaster University,
Western Carolina University, Robert Young,
Energy Information Administration, EIA,
Club of Rome, Limits to Growth

Re: 23-Apr-17 World View -- Scientists worldwide hold an international March for Money on 'Earth Day'

Post by Guest »

Couldn't climate change just be part of a natural cycle? Ice ages and then global warming.

Re: 23-Apr-17 World View -- Scientists worldwide hold an international March for Money on 'Earth Day'

Post by Guest »

Well, You are no more correct than those you criticize. It takes very little understanding to see that human population is heading for a crash. The only uncertainty is the kind of crash--climate catastrophe (induces war or famine or something worse), straight up historical type war (your prediction), disease (there is a horse race with each new disease, and we have been lucky to have so far won every one), or something else. I prefer something else--namely 100 years of universal one child families (or a one baby per woman policy). That reduces the population to about 1/32 of the starting number.
It's fair, reasonable, equitable, and effective, sadly, it might be impossible. Under that regime, climate problems really will go away by themselves. But claiming that they are actually going away right now on their own just destroys your credibility---why listen to anything someone so clueless has to say?

John

Post by John »

It's funny. I get more objections when I write about
climate change than when I write about world war.

Guest 1

Post by Guest 1 »

John wrote:It's funny. I get more objections when I write about
I'm Guest #1, and what I meant was that there have been proving cycles of global warming, couldn't that be happening now? I don't believe in man made global warming. I don't like air pollution, but I also don't think it causes global warming.

John

Post by John »

John wrote: > It's funny. I get more objections when I write about climate
> change than when I write about world war.
Guest 1 wrote: > I'm Guest #1, and what I meant was that there have been proving
> cycles of global warming, couldn't that be happening now? I don't
> believe in man made global warming. I don't like air pollution,
> but I also don't think it causes global warming.
Yes, you're absolutely right. There have been various ice ages
("global cooling") for millions of years, alternating with periods of
warming ("global warming"). It's pretty certain that none of this had
anything to do with man-made activity or carbon emissions.

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

There is no guarantee global warming (if it is a human caused problem) will be solved by technology. My mother had a problem...she had cancer. Technology did not save her...she died when I was ten. Some problems don't get solved.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Tom Mazanec wrote:There is no guarantee global warming (if it is a human caused problem) will be solved by technology. My mother had a problem...she had cancer. Technology did not save her...she died when I was ten. Some problems don't get solved.
I agree some problems don't get solved.

But all problems turn into "something else" eventually, by way of "reinterpretation" and/or "philosophy-ing" (which is just another word for "reinterpretation"), and "solutions" are completely dependent on the "interpretation" of the "problem" they are solutions for.

I'm a believer in the concept of "human existence as story", which boils down to the "philosophy" that "It ain't over til it's over, and it ain't over yet!",.. meaning: Keep hope always because we don't know what's coming tomorrow.

Too many times I've seen solutions to "obviously" intractable problems occur because the people with those problems retained hope by not "doing themselves in" (situational suicide) and carrying on until some very trippy thing solved their problem.

..and sometimes they die, and their great-grandchildren die, before things change and a "solution" presets itself. But it WILL always present itself. Eventually.

This IS the best possible world, and any (impossible) deviation from the world being "the world" as it actually is would be a less "best possible world".

(We don't live in "The Matrix", or some "multiverse". There is one reality, and "wishing things had been different" is the road to madness. Find how things being different in the past MIGHT have made things better, and then experiment to see if your "finding" might actually work. But don't try to change the past, and don't fret about the past that you wish was "better". The past never will be better, because it cannot change. Simply carry on with hope that those "problems" will be "solved" before you die.)

Despair is never the optimal solution, and since that is a known fact, despair can never be chosen, except in error,.. and to "choose error" is an obvious evil, and none but the dedicatedly evil choose evil.

Aloha kākou.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

John wrote:It's funny. I get more objections when I write about
When you say, "It (climate change and/or pollution) will solve itself", you "violate" the intimate core belief of those who you annoy. That belief is that man is essentially evil, and that that evil makes him messy, and he should be "punished" by being made to "prematurely" clean up his messes, and then he should be exterminated for his messiness after cleaning them. Leaving the "clean" ME to inhabit the earth, and the dead and "dirty" YOU in the earth.

To many, if not most, people in your forum, man is a cancer that should be only barely tolerated, and only tolerated at all if they are "family".

This "thinking" applies equally to the right and to the left.

The "left" wants universal eugenics. The "right" wants the "non-mingling of the nations".

..and THAT is the fuel of Generational Dynamics. After the witnesses of true evil (genocide) are gone, the battle to "rightfully" cleanse humanity re-starts in earnest,.. this time to SUCCEED!

There is never a true "success", and the wheel spins on...

..but itʻs kinda nice to know that ALL negentropic processes follow this same cycle wherever they are in the universe! The universal "goal" (as it were) of all the (negentropic) "things" in the universe is to develop better and better memory, so as to fend off that urge to "cleanse" for as long as possible.

The urge is only suppressible for the length of one living memory. Living Memory needs to be either transferable to future generations, or Living needs to be made indefinitely lengthened.

I'm betting on making Living Memory transferable, and "universally" transferred.