11-Apr-17 World View -- India forced to delay Kashmir elections after large surge in violence

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

11-Apr-17 World View -- India forced to delay Kashmir elections after large surge in violence

Post by John »

Why is a US carrier group strike force going to the Korean peninsula?

** 11-Apr-17 World View -- India forced to delay Kashmir elections after large surge in violence
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e170411

Contents:
India forced to delay Kashmir elections after large surge in violence
Hindu activists push for ban on cow slaughter across India
Why is a US carrier group strike force going to the Korean peninsula?

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, India, Kashmir, Srinagar,
Muslims, Hindus, cow vigilantism,
North Korea, Carl Vinson aircraft carrier strike force,
South Korea, Terminal High Altitude Area Defense, THAAD,
Kim Il-sung

Trevor

Re: 11-Apr-17 World View -- India forced to delay Kashmir elections after large surge in violence

Post by Trevor »

I wonder how long North Korea's child dictator is actually going to last. He's even more unstable than his predecessors were, and their capabilities are growing, even if their army's only real advantage is numbers. China's always been disinclined to do much about them, and we've always hoped they would behave themselves in return for something, even though they never have.

Speaking of Trump's actions in the Middle East and the Korean peninsula I can't help but think of Woodrow Wilson's re-election in 1916. He won in part because he pledged to keep the United States out of the First World War, only to declare war on Germany just a month after his second term began.

Re: 11-Apr-17 World View -- India forced to delay Kashmir elections after large surge in violence

Post by Guest »

I honestly wonder if the North Koreans are really as rogue as people seem to believe? I have always thought of the North Koreans as being proxies of China and Russia. The North Koreans do what the China and Russia would like to do, but can't. I can't help but feel this is all just a sham.

If the North Koreans are truly independent, I'm hoping for a palace coup.