10-Apr-17 World View -- US aircraft carrier strike force heads for Korean peninsula / Egypt church bombings

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

10-Apr-17 World View -- US aircraft carrier strike force heads for Korean peninsula / Egypt church bombings

Post by John »

10-Apr-17 World View -- US aircraft carrier strike force heads for Korean peninsula

Egypt in 3-month state of emergency after Coptic church bombings

** 10-Apr-17 World View -- US aircraft carrier strike force heads for Korean peninsula
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e170410

Contents:
Egypt in 3-month state of emergency after Coptic church bombings
US aircraft carrier strike force heads for Korean peninsula
South Korean anxiety over North Korea and anger at China grow over THAAD deployment

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Egypt, North Sinai, Coptic Christians,
Ansar Jerusalem, Ansar Bayt al Maqdis, ABM, Champions of Jerusalem,
Sinai Province, Al Wilayat Sinai, Mohammed Morsi, Muslim Brotherhood,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL, Daesh,
Egypt, chapel of St Peter and St Paul, El-Botroseya,
Saint Mark's Coptic Orthodox Cathedral, Abdel Fattah al-Sisi,
North Korea, South Korea, China, Xi Jinping, Japan, Australia,
US Pacific Command, Carl Vinson aircraft carrier strike force,
South Korea, Terminal High Altitude Area Defense, THAAD, Lotte

Re: 10-Apr-17 World View -- US aircraft carrier strike force heads for Korean peninsula / Egypt church bombings

Post by Guest »

I'll tell you what the Vincent Task Group is going to do.

They're just going to hang loose for a while off the coast of South and/or North Korea (in international waters for the latter). A lot of shuffle-board on the deck of the carrier, I presume.

But they're waiting for the next test launch of a potentially nuclear tipped missile by the North Korean's insane dictator. Then they'll shoot it out of the sky. A little target practice, shall we say. As they might say in Texas -- "pull!"

See, the THAAD is just starting to be installed in South Korea, and obviously that takes some time, so it's not ready yet. That (somehow, don't ask me to explain the (il)logic) makes the most advantageous strategy for the manic-depressive dictator be one of "shoot missiles at South Korea now, before the THAAD is in place."

But, should he contemplate that strategy, the carrier group defeats that plan. Because they're equipped with the Aegis variant of functionality quite similar to THAAD - just sea based. I know a bit about this, since I used to work for the Navy supplier FMC (now BAE Systems), who makes the Rail Gun and the 5-inch/54 caliber (Mk 45) lightweight gun.

And it's a legitimate move to shoot down any such North Korean missile, even if it's just a test. How do we know whether or not it's just a test? Are we supposed to give it 10 minutes and see whether it's trajectory is aimed at LA? Better shoot it down, just in case. Besides, the UN has ruled it illegal for them to even be testing these things, so we're just enforcing that UN rule. Meanwhile, the carrier group serves as an interim THAAD until the full THAAD is installed and working. That will allow the Seoulians to sleep better at night (you said yourself that they're getting a bit nervous). And also demonstrate to kid dictator that his weapons are useless, except as fireworks.

It's the obvious thing to do, and the right thing to do, and it's a good thing that Trump is doing it.

-Jim

John

Re: 10-Apr-17 World View -- US aircraft carrier strike force heads for Korean peninsula / Egypt church bombings

Post by John »

Good analysis! Thanks!