9-Apr-17 World View -- Russia's policies thrown into confusion as US resumes its 'world policeman' role

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

9-Apr-17 World View -- Russia's policies thrown into confusion as US resumes its 'world policeman' role

Post by John »

Shock and euphoria follow the missile strike on Syria

** 9-Apr-17 World View -- Russia's policies thrown into confusion as US resumes its 'world policeman' role
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e170409

Contents:
Russia's policies thrown into confusion as US resumes its 'world policeman' role
President Trump reinstates the 'Truman Doctrine'
Shock and euphoria follow the missile strike on Syria

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Russia, Syria, Bashar al-Assad,
Germany, Angela Merkel, UN Security Council,
Harry Truman, Truman Doctrine, John F Kennedy,
Steve Bannon, Jared Kushner, Battle of Bull Run,
Bataan Death March, Wolfgang Schivelbusch, Carl von Clausewitz

ZZAZZ

Re: 9-Apr-17 World View -- Russia's policies thrown into confusion as US resumes its 'world policeman' role

Post by ZZAZZ »

So laughable.

Yeah, Russia will certainly change its strategy after seeing Trump played so easily. What's more, the whole world is looking at the cost- at least $12,000,000/causality. It may not be the least effective operation in the history of warfare, but it is among the the least cost effective. At these prices, with such easy baiting, every group in all the world is rethinking strategy.

Furthermore, using cruise missiles to throw a tantrum instead of in their proper role, the national defense, weakens us.

gerald

Re: 9-Apr-17 World View -- Russia's policies thrown into confusion as US resumes its 'world policeman' role

Post by gerald »

One of the problems with "preventing wars" has to do with information, perception, being aware of a threat, and being able to do something about it.

Two outlier examples.

Neville Chamberlain " peace for our time " 1938 to be no war in Europe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO725Hbzfls http://www.biography.com/people/neville ... in-9243721 --- that worked out well.

Genghis Khan 1162 - 1227 ---- why should we care about a man in a small backward tribe -- http://www.biography.com/people/genghis-khan-9308634 - As a side observation, he started a series of events that helped bring Europe out of the dark ages by connecting Europe with the Far East

Post by Guest »

ZZAZZ wrote:So laughable.

Yeah, Russia will certainly change its strategy after seeing Trump played so easily. What's more, the whole world is looking at the cost- at least $12,000,000/causality. It may not be the least effective operation in the history of warfare, but it is among the the least cost effective. At these prices, with such easy baiting, every group in all the world is rethinking strategy.

Furthermore, using cruise missiles to throw a tantrum instead of in their proper role, the national defense, weakens us.
I voted for Trump, and I'm glad he bombed Syria's dictator. I just wish he would do more.

I have to go with John on this one. Assad, Iran, and Russia are a pack of war criminals. Decent people cannot allow such terrible things go on, if they have the power to stop them. We do.

Russia is an extremely weak state. Further sanctions could easily destroy what is left of their economy. With Saudi Arabia and the Sunni oil states back on board, we could drive down oil prices even further and break Russia's back.

When in doubt, be like Ronald Reagan.

Post by Guest »

Trump should go isolationist like he promised and drop Europe and Asia. Those people don't like us anyway.

The most anti-American people in Europe are easily the British. What a crappy inbred race of people. The British go out of their way to speak with Americans just to insult them. I find it difficult to spend three minutes in a room with one of these inbreds without wanting to punch them in their crooked yellow beaver teeth mouths. To hell with the British. The British didn't even treat American soldiers well during WW 2! What the hell are we doing wasting blood and treasure on these smug,fish eyed trolls? Enough. Enough. Enough.

Just leave Europe. Europeans are nothing but ingrates.

The only place I felt comfortable was Portugal. Those people were at least polite...

ALL AMERICAN FORCES HOME NOW AND SECURE THE US BORDERS.

FishbellykanakaDude

Post by FishbellykanakaDude »

Guest wrote:...The most anti-American people in Europe are easily the British. What a crappy inbred race of people....
Nice piece of provocative blithering, there, "Guest"! :)

Americans, real ones, are all about individualism, which doesnʻt give a fig about anything but the way individuals treat each other. Nation states are also individuals, and the way they are judged is by their interactions with other individual nations.

How has Britain lately treated the US badly?

..my guess is that you are SO obnoxious, as an individual, that you elicit REALLY bad interactions with pretty much ALL other individuals on the planet. And, as a true non-American, you project the appropriate reaction by others to you as them being "mean" to you, and then extrapolate that to the otherʻs nation.

Typical "Ugly Assed American". All nations gotʻem,.. like assholes,.. everybodyʻs gotta have one! :) <chuckle!> Gotta vent sh!t from SOMEWHERE, eh?

..though, youʻre most likely just an "actor" who likes to exercise his/her acting chops by provocative postings,.. and I can appreciate that.

In either case, youʻre quite amusing. Thanks! Aloha ia ʻoe, buckeroo!

Post by guest »

FishbellykanakaDude wrote:
..my guess is that you are SO obnoxious, as an individual, that you elicit REALLY bad interactions with pretty much ALL other individuals on the planet. And, as a true non-American, you project the appropriate reaction by others to you as them being "mean" to you, and then extrapolate that to the otherʻs nation.

Typical "Ugly Assed American". All nations gotʻem,.. like assholes,.. everybodyʻs gotta have one! :) <chuckle!> Gotta vent sh!t from SOMEWHERE, eh?
I think you just summed yourself up nicely. As obnoxious as your posts are, you run around throwing stones. I think you're the actor. Is this some kind of character for your novel? <chuckle!> You're gayer than any gay I've ever met. I find it hard to believe that you're really like this (and still have teeth). <chuckle!>
like assholes,.. everybodyʻs gotta have one!
People like you want them more the most. <chuckle!>

If you really are American, then you must be the type that hates your country and craps on your countrymen to the delight of Eurotrash everywhere. Well, traitors like you are a dime a dozen in this world. I love America. It's my country; the only country I will ever have or want. I meet people like you all the time in my travels; wearing your Eurotrash clothes and drinking your lattes, all while bad mouthing the country that gave you an opportunity to succeed and life much better than most on this planet.

You seem to enjoy analyzing everyone; well, let me analyze you. You (or your persona) are an ageing drag queen that has had one too many chemical peels and more than one regret over past cosmetic procedures. You wear Hawaiian shirts (with the top two buttons undone) and a straw hat. You a pathetic lounge lizard. You hang out at beach front bars and attempt to pick up young men by telling them stories about how "handsome, even beautiful" you used to be.You are a sad character straight out of a Tennesse Williams novel. I could go on, but I've already lost interest. <chuckle!>

Personally, I think this board is some kind of literary sounding board for you. If that's the case, then let me give you my opinion on your efforts: I find your persona tiresome, vapid, and obnoxious.

All this said with the voice of José Ferrer portraying Lieutenant Barney Greenwald in The Caine Mutiny. <no chuckle>

Post by Guest »

guest wrote: All this said with the voice of José Ferrer portraying Lieutenant Barney Greenwald in The Caine Mutiny. <no chuckle>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw6gwGawbXA

What a great scene.