22-Jan-17 World View -- India begins deploying its 'Cold Start' military strategy against Pakistan

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John
Posts: 6091
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

22-Jan-17 World View -- India begins deploying its 'Cold Start' military strategy against Pakistan

Postby John » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:56 pm

22-Jan-17 World View -- India begins deploying its 'Cold Start' military strategy against Pakistan

Russia and India declare their love for each other

** 22-Jan-17 World View -- India begins deploying its 'Cold Start' military strategy against Pakistan
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/xct.gd.e170122.htm#e170122




Contents:
India begins deploying its 'Cold Start' military strategy against Pakistan
Unintended consequence: Cold Start strategy may trigger nuclear war
Russia and India declare their love for each other


Keys:
Generational Dynamics, India, Pakistan, Russia, Cold Start,
Nitin Mehta, Gurmeet Kanwal, Khawaj Asif, Sergei Chemezov

Tom Mazanec
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:13 pm

Re: 22-Jan-17 World View -- India begins deploying its 'Cold Start' military strategy against Pakistan

Postby Tom Mazanec » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:46 pm

The objective would be to meet the military objective within a week, before Pakistan would have time to launch nuclear retaliatory strikes.

A week to launch nuclear retaliatory strikes!? I could see an hour, but why would it take Pakistan over a week to launch missiles or bombers?

John
Posts: 6091
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: 22-Jan-17 World View -- India begins deploying its 'Cold Start' military strategy against Pakistan

Postby John » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:49 pm

Tom Mazanec wrote:> The objective would be to meet the military objective within a
> week, before Pakistan would have time to launch nuclear
> retaliatory strikes.

> A week to launch nuclear retaliatory strikes!? I could see
> an hour, but why would it take Pakistan over a week to launch
> missiles or bombers?


It's a little obscure, but I think the issue is that it would take
several days for Pakistan to decide whether to use nuclear weapons in
response to a small, quick military action using conventional weapons.

As the analysts I quoted point out, it's a highly risky strategy,
based on assumptions that may not be true.

Guest

Re: 22-Jan-17 World View -- India begins deploying its 'Cold Start' military strategy against Pakistan

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:34 am

Wouldn't it be better to just nuke Pakistan in a surprise attack? From what I have read, Pakistan's nuclear arsenal is primitive.

John
Posts: 6091
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: 22-Jan-17 World View -- India begins deploying its 'Cold Start' military strategy against Pakistan

Postby John » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:01 am

Guest wrote:Wouldn't it be better to just nuke Pakistan in a surprise attack? From what I have read, Pakistan's nuclear arsenal is primitive.


China would retaliate.

Guest

Re: 22-Jan-17 World View -- India begins deploying its 'Cold Start' military strategy against Pakistan

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:11 am

John wrote:
Guest wrote:Wouldn't it be better to just nuke Pakistan in a surprise attack? From what I have read, Pakistan's nuclear arsenal is primitive.


China would retaliate.


Wouldn't a conventional attack via Cold Start also invite retaliation from China?

John
Posts: 6091
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: 22-Jan-17 World View -- India begins deploying its 'Cold Start' military strategy against Pakistan

Postby John » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:09 pm

Guest wrote:
John wrote:
Guest wrote:Wouldn't it be better to just nuke Pakistan in a surprise attack? From what I have read, Pakistan's nuclear arsenal is primitive.


China would retaliate.


Wouldn't a conventional attack via Cold Start also invite retaliation from China?


No, because that would require China to declare war on India.

Guest

Re: 22-Jan-17 World View -- India begins deploying its 'Cold Start' military strategy against Pakistan

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:14 pm

John wrote:
Guest wrote:
John wrote:
China would retaliate.


Wouldn't a conventional attack via Cold Start also invite retaliation from China?


No, because that would require China to declare war on India.


So if Pakistan was defeated conventionally, China would not intervene? Is that why Cold Start is India's best option?

John
Posts: 6091
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: 22-Jan-17 World View -- India begins deploying its 'Cold Start' military strategy against Pakistan

Postby John » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:17 pm

Guest wrote:
John wrote:
Guest wrote:
Wouldn't a conventional attack via Cold Start also invite retaliation from China?


No, because that would require China to declare war on India.


So if Pakistan was defeated conventionally, China would not intervene? Is that why Cold Start is India's best option?


A small military operation is not a defeat for Pakistan.

Tom Mazanec
Posts: 1166
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:13 pm

Re: 22-Jan-17 World View -- India begins deploying its 'Cold Start' military strategy against Pakistan

Postby Tom Mazanec » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:02 pm

Of course if China did retaliate, America might counter-retaliate.


Return to “Weblog News Comments and Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests