15-Jan-17 World View -- Poland welcomes biggest deployment of American tanks and troops in decades

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

15-Jan-17 World View -- Poland welcomes biggest deployment of American tanks and troops in decades

Post by John »

US troop deployment in Poland angers Russia

** 15-Jan-17 World View -- Poland welcomes biggest deployment of American tanks and troops in decades
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e170115

Contents:
Poland welcomes biggest deployment of American tanks and troops in decades
US troop deployment in Poland angers Russia

Keys:
enerational Dynamics, Poland, Beata Szydlo, Jaroslaw Mika,
Antoni Macierewicz, Operation Resolve, Ukraine, Crimea, Bulgaria, Romania,
Russia, Vladimir Putin, Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin,
Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact, Dmitry Peskov, Kaliningrad,
Vladimir Kozin

Re: 15-Jan-17 World View -- Poland welcomes biggest deployment of American tanks and troops in decades

Post by Guest »

It's worth mentioning that there's one other possible theory why Obama did this in the last few days of his administration: It's possible that Trump asked Obama to do it before leaving office, so that he wouldn't have to do it.

Where did you get this idea?

John

Re: 15-Jan-17 World View -- Poland welcomes biggest deployment of American tanks and troops in decades

Post by John »

> It's worth mentioning that there's one other possible theory why
> Obama did this in the last few days of his administration: It's
> possible that Trump asked Obama to do it before leaving office, so
> that he wouldn't have to do it.
Guest wrote: > Where did you get this idea?
I heard an analyst mention it in passing. The concept appeals to me
because I recall that after Reagan won the 1980 presidential election,
Reagan and Carter secretly coordinated policies during the transition
period to bring the Iranian hostage crisis to an end, and it worked --
the plane carrying the hostages took off from Iran and cleared Iranian
air space just as Reagan was taking the oath of office.

I like to think of our American presidents as having the decency of
going beyond their own rhetoric to work behind the scenes as necessary
to do what's best for the country. See? Even I, the most cynical
person in the world, still retain some occasional teeny, tiny bit of
idealism.

Post by Guest »

I hope you are right. I don't want Europe to be abandoned to the Russians. That would be horrible.

John, thank you for Generational Dynamics. I'm not happy with all you have to say, but I know you are unbiased and sincere. I just wish the future wasn't going to be so terrible.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I hope you are right. I don't want Europe to be abandoned to the Russians. That would be horrible.

John, thank you for Generational Dynamics. I'm not happy with all you have to say, but I know you are unbiased and sincere. I just wish the future wasn't going to be so terrible.
Does it have to be so terrible? Couldn't Chaos Theory allow for a different outcome i.e, no nuclear war?

Post by guest »

I read a lot in the (Eastern) European press about Russia annexing Belorusse. People think Putin might do it to boost his popularity again, and Minsk wouldn't be able to hold out longer than two weeks militarily. I wonder if Belorussians would welcome that?

Many ethnic Russians regret Krim nash; many people have had their businesses stolen by Russian adventurers. Krim nash hasn't worked out like Putin promised or many ethnic Russians believed. The Ukrainians and native Krim hate Russian occupation. Public services have failed already.

Why would further annexation work anywhere else? Russia is almost bankrupt. The cash reserves will be gone by summer. Then Putin will start taking the money from the pension funds. How could he support Belorusse?