19-Dec-16 World View -- Chinese bombers circling Taiwan raise talk of war during Trump's first term

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

19-Dec-16 World View -- Chinese bombers circling Taiwan raise talk of war during Trump's first term

Post by John »

China says it will back down over US military drone seizure in South China Sea

** 19-Dec-16 World View -- Chinese bombers circling Taiwan raise talk of war during Trump's first term
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e161219

Contents:
China says it will back down over US military drone seizure in South China Sea
Chinese bombers circling Taiwan raise talk of war during Trump's first term

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, China, South China Sea, USNS Bowditch,
United Nations Permanent Court of Arbitration, PCA,
Philippines, Li Jie, Donald Trump, Taiwan, Tsai Ing-wen

Northern Asia

Re: 19-Dec-16 World View -- Chinese bombers circling Taiwan raise talk of war during Trump's first term

Post by Northern Asia »

Here in Asia we are curious as to why America seems to have blinked when China stole their drone. Has America lost its guts? If a country appears weak in Asia, it is. Don't quote Sun Tzu to me; I don't want to hear it! You cannot show weakness to the Chinese.

You say that America is heading for a war with China. I'm starting to think they are going cut and run. America will abandon its allies. Is that the plan: let Asia destroy itself, so that America can become "the factory of the world" once again?

Coordinated fires

Re: 19-Dec-16 World View -- Chinese bombers circling Taiwan raise talk of war during Trump's first term

Post by Coordinated fires »

My personal hope is that China will see that attacking the u.s. And triggering a major conflict, will render them a despised global pariah with whome nobody will want to trade or be associated with. That the word "china" will become synonymous with belligerence and evil like nazi Germany or Imperial Japan. I understand that the Chinese go out of thier way to actively discourage being perceived this way, even going as far as to insist that Hollywood pictures not portray china in an aggressive light. Im sure this is overly naive of me, but does china truly want to go down in history as the Nazi Germany of the 21st century?
Politics is war by other means