13-Dec-16 World View -- Italy's bank crisis seems likely to cost thousands of people their savings

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

13-Dec-16 World View -- Italy's bank crisis seems likely to cost thousands of people their savings

Post by John »

Egypt's Christians demand revenge after Sunday's church bombing

** 13-Dec-16 World View -- Italy's bank crisis seems likely to cost thousands of people their savings
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e161213

Contents:
Egypt's Christians demand revenge after Sunday's church bombing
Italy's bank crisis seems likely to cost thousands of people their savings

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Egypt, Cairo, St. Mark's Cathedral,
Pope Tawadros II, Abdel al-Fattah al-Sisi, Muslim Brotherhood,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL, Daesh,
Italy, Matteo Renzi, Paolo Gentiloni, European Central Bank,
Banco Monte dei Paschi di Siena, MPS

Someone who knows

Re: 13-Dec-16 World View -- Italy's bank crisis seems likely to cost thousands of people their savings

Post by Someone who knows »

Do you expect any European countries to break-up?

Italy has the Northern League, which advocates the independence of Northern Italy. There is also a strong independence movement in Venice. This crisis has exacerbated the situation, with northern provinces decrying the financial drain of the southern ones. Does anyone think Italy could break up?

I think Germany could break up. East Germany seems ready to bolt.

Vladimir Putin would support independence movements in Europe.

What do you think of the "fake news" stories circulating?

I listen to a lot of alternative media sources, but I hate Putin and the Russians. I think some of the alternative media is naive, but not necessarily on the Kremlin's payroll. Just more useful idiots buying the Russian line. I have a lot of experience with the Russians, Putin, and the Russian 'government', such as it is; and that organization is a criminal gang, not anything close to what Westerners would consider a legitimate government.

Also, do you think the Kremlin election hacking story will get traction?

Could they overturn the election results?

John

Re: 13-Dec-16 World View -- Italy's bank crisis seems likely to cost thousands of people their savings

Post by John »

No.

Someone who knows

Post by Someone who knows »

John wrote:No.
I think you are wrong on this one. It looks like efforts are underway to overturn the election results.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s ... ck-n696146

Post by Guest »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-1 ... ction-hack

About the possible Deep State coup against President-elect Trump. Zero Hedge makes a good observation:

"Well, if Obama is truly getting involved, he has 4 days in which to turn 37 Republican electors against Trump. As for the potential fallout, which may include various forms of social conflict should the Trump victory be overturned in the 11th hour at the Electoral College, then Putin will truly win as a result of what may then follow."

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

Someone who knows:
Yeah, I see what you know.
Hillary lost more electors than Trump.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Post by Guest »

Tom Mazanec wrote:Someone who knows:
Yeah, I see what you know.
Hillary lost more electors than Trump.
I think you may be missing the point. That the election has been so contested at all, based on (possible/supposed) Russian hacking, is already a victory for Putin. The allegations against Putin and Trump have created a lot of discord in the country. Also, Hillary voters have not given up trying to derail Trump's Presidency. That the Electoral College worked is a sign that America's institutions are still functioning (for the moment). However, that does not mean that Trump is in the clear. Not yet. And if the social and political discord continue, could the country become ungovernable?

I think it is also strange that Hillary's supporters are only upset the emails were leaked, not the gross criminality exposed in them.

Shows what you know.