10-Nov-16 World View -- Donald Trump: The honeymoon calm before the storm Is this the Apocalypse?

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

10-Nov-16 World View -- Donald Trump: The honeymoon calm before the storm Is this the Apocalypse?

Post by John »

10-Nov-16 World View -- Donald Trump: The honeymoon calm before the storm

Is this the Apocalypse?

** 10-Nov-16 World View -- Donald Trump: The honeymoon calm before the storm
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e161110

Contents:
Donald Trump victory signals a major increase in nationalism
Brexit referendum and US election illustrate dangers of predicting elections
The honeymoon calm before the storm
Is this the Apocalypse?

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Donald Trump, James Comey,
Brexit, Chaos Theory, Butterfly test,
Frank Luntz, 60 Minutes, Fourth Turning,
Franklin Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln

Re: 10-Nov-16 World View -- Donald Trump: The honeymoon calm before the storm Is this the Apocalypse?

Post by Guest »

Could Trump's election lead to another civil war?

Anon

Re: 10-Nov-16 World View -- Donald Trump: The honeymoon calm before the storm Is this the Apocalypse?

Post by Anon »

John, really, was Trump not a nationalistic populist it would be different. The actions taken by such follow either the Huey Long course or the Mussolini course, in a fashion from mild to extreme.
We haven't got any way at this time to see which direction Trump will take. Keep in mind, he was elected during a time of a rising GDP, a high stock market and a stable/rising (depending on what you scale against - and gold bugs, gold is worthless for that purpose now) dollar. So he'll likely take the Huey Long approach.
In either case, however, there are certain things that will be inevitable. An executive order to TVA to convert gas fired plants back to coal where ever possible. Coal, in TVA territory, is pretty much mined out, gas is cheap, and so many old coal plants, such as Paradise Fossil plant, are being converted to run on cheap gas. Forcing them to coal will cause electric bills across the South and East to rise sharply, but so be it. Solar will be taxed, if you are planning on a solar conversion, better do it now, not tomorrow.
National ID's for Muslims and all persons ever convicted of a felony or domestic violence? Very possible, the big question in my mind is whether or now they'll have "NOT TO BE USED FOR VOTER ID" across the top. I figure they will, if Bannon keeps his influence.
The international implications are curious. Obviously, the USA and Russia are going to be blood brothers very suddenly - expected that over the next decade or so, but so rapidly is a shocker. TVA should hook generators to Nixon and Joe McCarthy, they must be cranking out 10,000 rpm's.
As for the big war, China is in a panic over the possible US pullout from South Korea. The South can build nukes pretty quickly if they want them.
Exactly what the plan is for four or more brigades coming home has never been explained. Nobody in all US history has ever told four brigades to "sit on your butts, train and get fat and draw your pay". Normally, they are disbanded until needed again. That's a big question mark for me.

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

John,

Was waiting boomer patiently (if there is such a thing) for your take on the latest election outcome. As usual, your take is the spot-on best in my outlook book. The irony of Roosevelt and Lincoln intertwined with the present day Trump elect mix, to use a boomer phrase, is "Mind Boggling (that or Ecclesiastes 1:9). Otherwise...I guess that CIA/SWAT/A-TEAM/Whatever-You-Want-To-Call-Him dude I met while surfing in Costa Rica was wrong about Hillary taking the slam-dunk helm. ;) Since 2006...Thanks again John.

Post by Guest »

John,
Here's your opportunity to apply:

TRUMP's Administration Site: Help Wanted: 4,000 Presidential Appointees. You can now apply to work for Trump admin!

https://www.greatagain.gov/serve-america.html

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:John,
Here's your opportunity to apply:

TRUMP's Administration Site: Help Wanted: 4,000 Presidential Appointees. You can now apply to work for Trump admin!

https://www.greatagain.gov/serve-america.html
America needs you, John.

gerald

Post by gerald »

Regarding Trump as a flawed person. We all have flaws, however there are times and situations when "only" a special flawed person can do the job.

For example --

General Grant who is considered one of the more successful generals during the civil war was a drunk.

"After the failure of his first experimental explorations around Vicksburg, a committee of abolition war managers waited upon the President and demanded the General’s removal, on the false charge that he was a whiskey drinker, and little better than a common drunkard. “Ah!” exclaimed Honest Old Abe, “you surprise me, gentlemen. But can you tell me where he gets his whiskey?” “We cannot, Mr. President. But why do you desire to know?” “Because, if I can only find out, I will send a barrel of this wonderful whiskey to every general in the army.” http://quoteinvestigator.com/2013/02/18 ... f-whiskey/

Or

Robert Oppenheimer, a ladys man, "father of the atomic bomb" http://www.mercurynews.com/2013/10/14/j ... -explored/, who had his security security clearance revoked https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oppenheim ... ty_hearing

hmm

Innocent Smith

Post by Innocent Smith »

John,

What is MIT System dynamics? Is that similar to generational dynamics?

Innocent Smith

Ven

Post by Ven »

Hello John,

A while ago you spoke of Steve Bannon as a smart guy who is aware of Generational Theory, a positive asset for Trump as his campaign chief. Assuming Bannon stays on in a prominent position in the Trump Administration, does this make you optimistic going forward re: Trump's ignorance of "what really goes on in the world," and re: the appearance of Trump being motivated by racism/xenophobia?

anon

Post by anon »

Um, Gerald, when Grant was elected President of the newly reunited states, he was a total flop at administration of government. As is the usual thing for military people, they want to give orders, not negotiate, and that absolutely ruins them for government because they don't want to ask for help.

If you're trying to illustrate that Trump might be the better POTUS, you picked a terrible example.

http://www.lib.niu.edu/1999/ihy990236.html