11-Oct-16 World View -- Turkey's Erdogan and Russia's Putin sign TurkStream gas pipeline deal

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

11-Oct-16 World View -- Turkey's Erdogan and Russia's Putin sign TurkStream gas pipeline deal

Post by John »

Turkey-Russia TurkStream deal based on pragmatism rather than reconciliation

** 11-Oct-16 World View -- Turkey's Erdogan and Russia's Putin sign TurkStream gas pipeline deal
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e161011

Contents:
Turkey's Erdogan and Russia's Putin sign TurkStream gas pipeline deal
Turkey-Russia TurkStream deal based on pragmatism rather than reconciliation

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Syria,
Operation Euphrates Shield, safe zone, Bashar al-Assad,
Azerbaijan, Ilham Aliyev, Russia, Vladimir Putin,
World Energy Congress, Turkish Stream, TurkStream,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL, Daesh,
Ukraine, Crimea, Bosporus, Dardanelles, Black Sea, Mediterranean Sea

Re: 11-Oct-16 World View -- Turkey's Erdogan and Russia's Putin sign TurkStream gas pipeline deal

Post by Guest »

So when is the Russian side going to jump over to the US? In WW2, the Germans attacked the Russians, and when America entered the war, the US simply joined an existing coalition against Hitler that just happened to include former Nazi ally Russia. The only way I see the West and Russia joining forces is through a similar situation.

China will make a move in the South China Sea and then Russia will turn against China? I don't think that's how it will play out. I think Kashmir will be the trigger: a war between Pakistan and India which drags in other countries like you described in an earlier response on the message boards. You're right, bitter enemies unite (extremely short term) to fight a powerful enemy. I guess Eastern Europe will be feed the wolves -again.

thomasglee

Re: 11-Oct-16 World View -- Turkey's Erdogan and Russia's Putin sign TurkStream gas pipeline deal

Post by thomasglee »

Guest wrote:So when is the Russian side going to jump over to the US? In WW2, the Germans attacked the Russians, and when America entered the war, the US simply joined an existing coalition against Hitler that just happened to include former Nazi ally Russia. The only way I see the West and Russia joining forces is through a similar situation.

China will make a move in the South China Sea and then Russia will turn against China? I don't think that's how it will play out. I think Kashmir will be the trigger: a war between Pakistan and India which drags in other countries like you described in an earlier response on the message boards. You're right, bitter enemies unite (extremely short term) to fight a powerful enemy. I guess Eastern Europe will be feed the wolves -again.
I came here to ask the same question; glad to see that you already have. The reports that Russia is preparing for nuclear war with the US goes against what has been stated by John so many times, that Russia will align with the USA.
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote: > So when is the Russian side going to jump over to the US? In WW2,
> the Germans attacked the Russians, and when America entered the
> war, the US simply joined an existing coalition against Hitler
> that just happened to include former Nazi ally Russia. The
> only way I see the West and Russia joining forces is through a
> similar situation.

> China will make a move in the South China Sea and then Russia will
> turn against China? I don't think that's how it will play out. I
> think Kashmir will be the trigger: a war between Pakistan and
> India which drags in other countries like you described in an
> earlier response on the message boards. You're right, bitter
> enemies unite (extremely short term) to fight a powerful enemy. I
> guess Eastern Europe will be feed the wolves -again.
thomasglee wrote: > I came here to ask the same question; glad to see that you already
> have. The reports that Russia is preparing for nuclear war with
> the US goes against what has been stated by John so many times,
> that Russia will align with the USA.

I've answered this question many times, and don't know what I can add
now. The Soviets have been preparing for nuclear war for decades, but
there hasn't been one. The Russians do not have a visceral hatred of
Europeans or Americans. They have a visceral hatred of Chinese and
Sunni Muslims.

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

John wrote:
Guest wrote: > So when is the Russian side going to jump over to the US? In WW2,
> the Germans attacked the Russians, and when America entered the
> war, the US simply joined an existing coalition against Hitler
> that just happened to include former Nazi ally Russia. The
> only way I see the West and Russia joining forces is through a
> similar situation.

> China will make a move in the South China Sea and then Russia will
> turn against China? I don't think that's how it will play out. I
> think Kashmir will be the trigger: a war between Pakistan and
> India which drags in other countries like you described in an
> earlier response on the message boards. You're right, bitter
> enemies unite (extremely short term) to fight a powerful enemy. I
> guess Eastern Europe will be feed the wolves -again.
thomasglee wrote: > I came here to ask the same question; glad to see that you already
> have. The reports that Russia is preparing for nuclear war with
> the US goes against what has been stated by John so many times,
> that Russia will align with the USA.

I've answered this question many times, and don't know what I can add
now. The Soviets have been preparing for nuclear war for decades, but
there hasn't been one. The Russians do not have a visceral hatred of
Europeans or Americans. They have a visceral hatred of Chinese and
Sunni Muslims.
That makes sense, but I have to ask, who do Americans hold a visceral hatred towards? Our demographics have changed so much, I'm not sure what kind of nation we are called anymore. Are we white Europeans? Christian? I think you said once that age doesn't play any role in altering a nation generational dynamics, but what about changes in race?
Psalm 34:4 - “I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.”

Get out of the way

Post by Get out of the way »

Excellent point about demographics. Let's face it, the latest it influx of immigrants is an invasion, a mass migration of people that have little interest in becoming Americans, beyond the welfare freebies they can scrounge out of the system.

Hispanics couldn't care less about what happens in Asia and Europe. I doubt they could find them on a map. They may not have even heard of places like Vietnam, Taiwan, or Singapore. Latinos always flow in what ever direction the wind blows and take the easiest route. Latinos sense weakness and take advantage. Look at what they do at their rallies; they burn the American flag. The average Latino hates Americans. These are the kind of people we spend billions of taxpayer dollars on housing, clothing, educating (and I use that term lightly), and feeding?

America is done. And by extension, so is the rest of the civilized world. America should be world's policeman. Would anyone trust Russia or China to do it? Too bad America is folding. Now the America haters around can get a taste of life 'free' of America. A life of rape and genocide carried out by their 'friends' the Russians and Chinese.

I doubt America will go to war. The GD theory hasn't taken America's collapse into consideration. America will collapse and the people trapped in this country will wish they had never been born. This will include the worthless Social Justice Warriors who have brought this country to ruin. Try stopping illegal immigrant criminals with trigger warnings and safety zones. I can't wait.

Bust out the popcorn.

gerald

Post by gerald »

Get out of the way wrote:Excellent point about demographics. Let's face it, the latest it influx of immigrants is an invasion, a mass migration of people that have little interest in becoming Americans, beyond the welfare freebies they can scrounge out of the system.

Hispanics couldn't care less about what happens in Asia and Europe. I doubt they could find them on a map. They may not have even heard of places like Vietnam, Taiwan, or Singapore. Latinos always flow in what ever direction the wind blows and take the easiest route. Latinos sense weakness and take advantage. Look at what they do at their rallies; they burn the American flag. The average Latino hates Americans. These are the kind of people we spend billions of taxpayer dollars on housing, clothing, educating (and I use that term lightly), and feeding?

America is done. And by extension, so is the rest of the civilized world. America should be world's policeman. Would anyone trust Russia or China to do it? Too bad America is folding. Now the America haters around can get a taste of life 'free' of America. A life of rape and genocide carried out by their 'friends' the Russians and Chinese.

I doubt America will go to war. The GD theory hasn't taken America's collapse into consideration. America will collapse and the people trapped in this country will wish they had never been born. This will include the worthless Social Justice Warriors who have brought this country to ruin. Try stopping illegal immigrant criminals with trigger warnings and safety zones. I can't wait.

Bust out the popcorn.
You outline the social background for a Hitler, a Mussolini, or a Napoleon. -- same as it ever was.

and for a laugh -- I guess

Putin Ally Warns Americans To Vote For Trump Or Face Nuclear War http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-1 ... uclear-war

nice

nothing to see just move along

John

Post by John »

thomasglee wrote: > That makes sense, but I have to ask, who do Americans hold a
> visceral hatred towards? Our demographics have changed so much,
> I'm not sure what kind of nation we are called anymore. Are we
> white Europeans? Christian? I think you said once that age doesn't
> play any role in altering a nation generational dynamics, but what
> about changes in race?
I wanted to think about this for a few days before trying to answer
it.

Nothing matters as much as what generational era a society is in to
determine its behavior. Things like religion and ethnicity are
details compared to the generational era.

I don't think that Americans hold a firm visceral hatred towards
anyone. There is some xenophobia towards Mexicans and Muslims, and
you can think of xenophobia as a mild form of "visceral hatred," but
there's nothing beyond that that I can see. This kind of xenophobia
is transitory, and disappears when the reasons for it are resolved.

In order to develop what I would call "real visceral hatred," then you
have to have multiple generational crisis wars, where the initial
xenophobia builds on itself, and is not allowed to become transitory.
This is most common when the two groups are incompatible and
geographically close -- like a divorced couple who hate each other but
still have to work together for the sake of the children. It's this
promimity and intimacy that turns transitory dislike and xenophobia
into visceral hatred. This would apply to two ethnic or religious
groups in the same country or who share a border.

So it makes sense that the Sunnis and Shias in the Mideast hate each
other, that the Arabs and the Jews in the Mideast hate each other,
that the Indians and Pakistanis hate each other, and that the Chinese
and the Russians hate each other. But it really doesn't make sense
that the Americans and Russians hate each other.

Post by Guest »

What about Americans and Mexicans? Mexican blame virtually every misfortune that befalls their nation as the work of evil Americans. We have fought a war. Why wouldn't Americans and Mexicans hate each other?

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote: > What about Americans and Mexicans? Mexican blame virtually every
> misfortune that befalls their nation as the work of evil
> Americans. We have fought a war. Why wouldn't Americans and
> Mexicans hate each other?
The Mexican-American war (1846-48) was a non-crisis war. Mexico's
last crisis war was the Mexican revolution (1910-21), which didn't
even involve Americans. So the US and Mexico have never fought a
generational crisis war.