2-Sep-16 World View -- UK's 'junior doctors' call a devastating 5-day strike against the National Health Service

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

2-Sep-16 World View -- UK's 'junior doctors' call a devastating 5-day strike against the National Health Service

Post by John »

Obamacare in severe death spiral, as insurers bleed billions

** 2-Sep-16 World View -- UK's 'junior doctors' call a devastating 5-day strike against the National Health Service
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e160902

Contents:
UK's National Health Service continues to slash services to survive
UK's 'junior doctors' call a devastating 5-day strike against the National Health Service
Obamacare in severe death spiral, as insurers bleed billions

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, United Kingdom, National Health Service, NHS,
Helen McKenna, British Medical Association, BMA, Simon Emmet,
Obamacare, Aetna, Mark Bertolini, UnitedHealthcare, Humana,
Richard Nixon, Nixon's Wage-Price Controls, Venezuela,
Jonathan Gruber

Re: 2-Sep-16 World View -- UK's 'junior doctors' call a devastating 5-day strike against the National Health Service

Post by guest »

Can Americans still buy private insurance? Does lack of Obamacare mean no medical treatment? I'm glad I don't live in America.

MarvyGuy

Re: 2-Sep-16 World View -- UK's 'junior doctors' call a devastating 5-day strike against the National Health Service

Post by MarvyGuy »

John another excellent article. For so;eone who I suspect did not major in Journalism I think you are doing a far better job than most of these kids today.

I am not sure neither how it is working in the US but friends there tell me it is getting to the point where everything is out of pocket (since out of pocket limits are set at 5K USD+) and recent articles I have seen show that more people are using discretionary funds for medical. They tell me if you are low income you get it more or less free but above a certain threshold you can go broke if you have any medical issues. Probably it is better for someone who lives there to respond but John has done extensive analysis into this which you can readily find in his links.

Looking at US from a distance it looks like it is falling apart (or being torn down to be replaced as we saw with Russia 1917 and France 1789 etc)

indyjones

Post by indyjones »

Obamacare passed muster in the Supreme Court as a tax, not as mandated health care. Should all those who supported Obamacare be surprised that it fails as healthcare but "wins" as a tax.