19-Aug-16 World View -- Furious UN envoy Staffan de Mistura excoriates Syria's Bashar al-Assad

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

19-Aug-16 World View -- Furious UN envoy Staffan de Mistura excoriates Syria's Bashar al-Assad

Post by John »

Stephen K. Bannon is named chairman of Donald Trump's campaign

** 19-Aug-16 World View -- Furious UN envoy Staffan de Mistura excoriates Syria's Bashar al-Assad
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e160819

Contents:
Stephen K. Bannon is named chairman of Donald Trump's campaign
Furious UN envoy Staffan de Mistura excoriates Syria's Bashar al-Assad
Six years of UN envoys and Syrian peace talks

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Breitbart News, Stephen K. Bannon, Donald Trump,
Peter Schweizer, Generation Zero,
United Nations, Syria, Bashar al-Assad, Staffan de Mistura,
Russia, Vladimir Putin, Iran, Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei,
Omran Daqneesh, Hamza al-Khatib, Jabhat al-Nusra, al-Nusra Front,
Jabhat Fateh al-Sham, JFS, Front for the Conquest of Syria,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL, Daesh,
Josef Stalin, Soviet Union, Kofi Annan, Lakhdar Brahimi

Getrealpeople

Re: 19-Aug-16 World View -- Furious UN envoy Staffan de Mistura excoriates Syria's Bashar al-Assad

Post by Getrealpeople »

The Breitbart "news" website is a great resource for all the conspiracy theories of the tin foil hat society. What a sad time it truly is.

Re: 19-Aug-16 World View -- Furious UN envoy Staffan de Mistura excoriates Syria's Bashar al-Assad

Post by guest »

I appreciate how clear sighted this site is in regards to Putin. He is a vicious war criminal, and you don't mince your words about him.

What I find strange is how many people in the media, both mainstream and alternative seem to support Putin. It's shocking to hear people talk about how decent he is. Or to describe Putin as a "Christian". It does not surprise me that a conspiracy theorist like Alex Jones would fall for Putin's nonsense, but so has the respected British journalist Peter Hitchens. Warren Pollock (your interview with him lead me to you), a former Youtuber and self-proclaimed non-believer in conspiracy theories has even released a presentation (for a fee) that mentions Putin's "moral clarity". My God! Putin's moral clarity?

A lot of evangelical Christians have also jumped on the bandwagon and support Putin because of his anti-gay rights stance (which might just be a cynical pose).

How can so many people be so deluded about Putin? I know people were tricked by Stalin and Hitler, but back then information was restricted. The press censored. Even visiting places like the USSR was difficult. But today, people can travel much more freely, gather information online, and have a much better view of what is going on. And yet, so many people are taken in by Putin. It's stunning. If you ask me, Putin is winning the PR battle.

Are news reports from RT television and the Kremlin trolls really that effective? I'd like your take on this. (Or any comments from the peanut gallery would also be appreciated.)

John

Post by John »

I'm not sure that the best way to get people to comment is to refer to
them as the peanut gallery. It's ok for me though, since I was once
in the actual Peanut Gallery.

Anyway, your guess is as good as mine. I've written about all this
stuff many times before. Very few people today under the age of 50
would know where to look for Russia on a map. A lot of people have no
memory of the Iraq war, and don't know anything about it, though they
have strong opinions about it. The candidacy of Bernie Sanders shows
that tens of millions of people think that they could get free college
and free health care and other things just by taxing Boomers. At the
same time, no one has been punished for the financial crisis, when
tens of trillions of dollars of knowingly fraudulent subprime-mortgage
backed synthetic securities were created and sold. In other words,
people are incredibly ignorant, incredibly opinionated based on no
facts, "seldom right, but always certain."

Post by guest »

I had a professor in college that would ask, "Any questions from the peanut gallery." I just thought it meant the cheap seats at the theater (and yes, I've sat in the peanut gallery too). I didn't mean it as an insult.

People are quite ignorant today. What bothers me the most is there is less reason for it today then ever before. The Internet allows for access to information. Why don't people use it for more than just pirated movies and video games? It seems people just want someone to spoon food them information without ever attempting to analyze anything. Few people want to really think about anything anymore these days.

Thank you for your response.