5-Aug-16 World View -- Bank of England uses 'sledgehammer' stimulus to fight Brexit slowdown

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

5-Aug-16 World View -- Bank of England uses 'sledgehammer' stimulus to fight Brexit slowdown

Post by John »

China overtaking both Russia and US in influence in Central Asia

** 5-Aug-16 World View -- Bank of England uses 'sledgehammer' stimulus to fight Brexit slowdown
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e160805

Contents:
Bank of England uses 'sledgehammer' stimulus to fight Brexit slowdown
China overtaking both Russia and US in influence in Central Asia

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Bank of England, Mark Carney,
Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan.
Russia, China

Coordinated fires

Re: 5-Aug-16 World View -- Bank of England uses 'sledgehammer' stimulus to fight Brexit slowdown

Post by Coordinated fires »

Also of note. Kazakhstan, in addition to holding the strategic Belt and Road trade routes going west and energy pipelines going east, is actually the leading producer of uranium in the world, contributing roughly 40% of global production.

General Lieu Yazhou of the PLA referred to Central Asia as "The thickest piece of cake given to China by the heavens". I wonder if the Chinese now believe they are entitled to control the entire central Asian region. Perhaps they'll even produce some 6 thousand year old "manuscripts" to support thier claims.
Politics is war by other means

John

Re: 5-Aug-16 World View -- Bank of England uses 'sledgehammer' stimulus to fight Brexit slowdown

Post by John »

Coordinated fires wrote: > Also of note. Kazakhstan, in addition to holding the strategic
> Belt and Road trade routes going west and energy pipelines going
> east, is actually the leading producer of uranium in the world,
> contributing roughly 40% of global production.

> General Lieu Yazhou of the PLA referred to Central Asia as "The
> thickest piece of cake given to China by the heavens". I wonder if
> the Chinese now believe they are entitled to control the entire
> central Asian region. Perhaps they'll even produce some 6 thousand
> year old "manuscripts" to support thier claims.
That's a good question, but I assume the people living in Kazakhstan
will object much more strenuously to the Chinese invasion than the
fish living in the South China Sea do.

Post by guest »

China can't feed itself. It imports food from America. If a war breaks out, starvation will set in immediately. The water is toxic and the air is poisonous China. How long could China hold together even in a war against Vietnam, not to mention the US? China is fragile.

gerald

Post by gerald »

guest wrote:China can't feed itself. It imports food from America. If a war breaks out, starvation will set in immediately. The water is toxic and the air is poisonous China. How long could China hold together even in a war against Vietnam, not to mention the US? China is fragile.

From the twilight zone --

The EPA shipped all of the polluting jobs to China. I had tenants from China who were amazed that there were
birds and insects in Downtown Chicago as well as squirrels and rabbits!!!. I was in Beijing and there were no birds or insects it was unreal, tourists asked, like I, where are the animals? --- things are really f--ed up.

Coordinated fires

Post by Coordinated fires »

gerald wrote:
guest wrote:China can't feed itself. It imports food from America. If a war breaks out, starvation will set in immediately. The water is toxic and the air is poisonous China. How long could China hold together even in a war against Vietnam, not to mention the US? China is fragile.

From the twilight zone --

The EPA shipped all of the polluting jobs to China. I had tenants from China who were amazed that there were
birds and insects in Downtown Chicago as well as squirrels and rabbits!!!. I was in Beijing and there were no birds or insects it was unreal, tourists asked, like I, where are the animals? --- things are really f--ed up.
Indeed. If the world refused to tolerate China's currency manipulation, the cost- benefit ratio would change drastically. If Chinese goods couldn't be dumped abroad for cheap via a rigged exchange-rate then the some of the extra cost of converting to clean coal/natural gas technology in manufacturing,plus decent wages here would make up for some of the benefit of buying cheap Chinese imports. You would see some of those formerly "polluting" jobs come back just minus the pollution. We make better stuff anyway and everyone knows it.

I also would be spared the guilt of knowing ive just helped buy a shiny new DF-21d for our friends in the pla every time I walk out of a department store. :p
Politics is war by other means