28-Jul-16 World View -- China, Japan vociferously object to South Korea's THAAD missile system deployment

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

28-Jul-16 World View -- China, Japan vociferously object to South Korea's THAAD missile system deployment

Post by John »

South Korea's fears of an attack from North Korea

** 28-Jul-16 World View -- China, Japan vociferously object to South Korea's THAAD missile system deployment
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e160728

Contents:
China and Russia vociferously hostile to South Korea's THAAD deployment
South Korea's fears of an attack from North Korea
Problems, issues and capabilities surrounding the Thaad system

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, North Korea, South Korea, Seongju county,
Terminal High Altitude Area Defense, THAAD, China, Russia,
Cheonan, Yeonpyeong Island, Kim Jong-un, 38 North

Coordinated fires

Re: 28-Jul-16 World View -- China, Japan vociferously object to South Korea's THAAD missile system deployment

Post by Coordinated fires »

If the north thinks it can succeed militarily with grab-and-negotiate tactics against an extremely effective, modernized, professionalized military in the south then that is a miscalculation bordering on the dillusinary.

Other than the artillery dug in overlooking soul which would be devastating, the strategic rocket forces and some special forces we're talking about a starving conscript army of men who plow fields most of the year, led by a "politically reliable" officer core running, at best, 1980s soviet era battle doctrine. Equipment is poorly maintained and operational experience is zero...and these units are supposed to simply "occupy" the entire southern half of the peninsula...with no air superiority...in 10 days? lol.

The real fight would be who gets left on the hook to clean up the mess afterward. China or South Korea, neither of whome are particularly looking forward to feeding 24 million starving North Koreans.
Politics is war by other means

Cockpit of Asia

Re: 28-Jul-16 World View -- China, Japan vociferously object to South Korea's THAAD missile system deployment

Post by Cockpit of Asia »

Does the owner of this site believe NK really plans to attack SK? Your opinion, please?

John

Post by John »

Cockpit of Asia wrote: > Does the owner of this site believe NK really plans to attack SK?
> Your opinion, please?

Do I believe that the child dictator has developed plans for an
invasion of the South, and has taken some steps to implement it? Yes,
of course, why not?

Do I believe that the child dictator will actually order an invasion
of the South? I don't know the answer to that question, but I take
note of the fact that history is filled with disastrous actions in
generational Crisis eras (such as bombing Pearl Harbor), and the child
dictator may be sufficiently unstable to do something similar.

WorldMan

Post by WorldMan »

I am sure you saw this but looks like Russia and China governments can bond over their opposition to THAAD while they both conduct joint excericises in the South China Sea.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN1080O8