27-Jul-16 World View -- France's François Hollande declares war on ISIS after terror attack kills priest

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

27-Jul-16 World View -- France's François Hollande declares war on ISIS after terror attack kills priest

Post by John »

ASEAN and Arab League in chaos as they fail to deal with existential issues

** 27-Jul-16 World View -- France's François Hollande declares war on ISIS after terror attack kills priest
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e160727

Contents:
Arab League in chaos as it fails to address Arab existential threats
ASEAN in chaos as it fails to address South China Sea threats
France's François Hollande declares war on ISIS after terror attack kills priest
Turkey fears that Gulen will flee the United States

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Arab League, Morocco, Mauritania,
Egypt, Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, Saudi Arabia, Salman bin Abdulaziz al Saud,
Palestinian Authority, Riyad al-Maliki, Balfour Declaration, Israel,
Association of Southeast Asian Nations, ASEAN,
Permanent Court of Arbitration in the Hague, Philippines,
Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Myanmar, Burma, China,
Ukraine, Syria, United Nations,
France, François Hollande, Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray, Rouen,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL, Daesh,
Amaq News Agency,
Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Fethullah Gulen, Bekir Bozdag,
Egypt, Mexico, Canada, Australia, South Africa

Re: 27-Jul-16 World View -- France's François Hollande declares war on ISIS after terror attack kills priest

Post by Guest »

Would New Zealand be a safe place to hide out from the coming disaster? A lot of people talk about going to New Zealand.

Do you have any escape plans, John?

Guest2

Re: 27-Jul-16 World View -- France's François Hollande declares war on ISIS after terror attack kills priest

Post by Guest2 »

When you take group photo it is nice to look at camera and not talk to buddies. Shame shame.

I thought Hollande went to war last year on ISIS? Emergency "controls" in and still problems. CDG aircraft carrier already "at war" so not sure what he proposes to do other than rhetoric. I thought GD predicted this anyway some years back on issues with foreign fighters returning to their countries to cause problems so is happening as predicted. FR population has probably bigger majority of SUnni than Shia so what happens if FR sides with Persia?

The fissures are forming in FR so Le Pen should get a nice bump as did BRexit on this issue. Question I have is what will happen in Europe now. I am not sure it will stay a bloc and am wondering if we could see a split along lines seen back from Napoleon onwards (FR vs GR). In terms of religious bloc could we see a Catholic vs Protestant split over Islam? Germany is very chummy with Turkey Neo Ottoman empire since a long time and see no sign of change.

John

Post by John »

Guest wrote: > Would New Zealand be a safe place to hide out from the coming
> disaster? A lot of people talk about going to New Zealand.

> Do you have any escape plans, John?
Any rural area is likely to be safe from the thousands of missiles
that will be launched, but then you have the ground wars. It's
certain that China will be invading Australia in order to get the
resources, but whether that will also apply to New Zealand, I don't
know.

As for myself, I live in the People's Republic of Cambridge
Massachusetts, and I have no plans to go anywhere. I'm just waiting
for the first Chinese missile to strike Cambridge.

guest4

Post by guest4 »

Reading this forum is misery. I'm grateful for the information, but look at the posts. People wanting to runaway, hide, asking where the fighting will be heaviest, etc. What kind of world is this? War used to be something that happened far away, like Latin American and African hellholes, not in Europe or Japan.

I grew up when America was king, and it was easy to get a decent job, take road trips with your buddies, and see the occasional rock concert. Life was great. America was great. What a great place to live. How lucky I was to be American, to be free.

And now look at the state of the world. Fate's kept me alive for all this? The world sucks now. And I think deep down, most people know it. They can see everything collapsing around them. Sometimes it feels like people are just waiting for the other shoes to drop. And then what?

Tom Mazanec

Post by Tom Mazanec »

John wrote:
Guest wrote: > Would New Zealand be a safe place to hide out from the coming
> disaster? A lot of people talk about going to New Zealand.

> Do you have any escape plans, John?
Any rural area is likely to be safe from the thousands of missiles
that will be launched, but then you have the ground wars. It's
certain that China will be invading Australia in order to get the
resources, but whether that will also apply to New Zealand, I don't
know.

As for myself, I live in the People's Republic of Cambridge
Massachusetts, and I have no plans to go anywhere. I'm just waiting
for the first Chinese missile to strike Cambridge.
Since the missiles will be nuclear, no place is safe from the fallout, which might be hundreds of kilometers downwind.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, Those Who Remain

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Something I should point out is that fallout doesn't exactly last as long as many seem to think. The idea that a nuclear war would wipe out life on earth, or that areas would be uninhabitable for 10,000 years or more is utter nonsense. Fallout decreases by a factor for 10 for every 7-fold increase in time. If it starts out as 500R an hour, it'll fall to 50R an hour after 7 hours, and 5R an hour after 49 hours.

What can cause big problems is particles in the soil, which can make farming dangerous for quite some time, ones with a half-life of 10-25 years. You wouldn't drop dead, but there would be an increased cancer risk if you ate the contaminated crops for a long period of time.

I made my own calculations of nuclear war and honestly, what has the greatest potential for fatalities isn't the nuclear blasts themselves. It's not even the fallout. It's having much of our infrastructure destroyed to where we can't transport enough food to population centers. At least in large cities, you'd have problems in less than 48 hours if they were cut off from food. Hopefully, we'll take at least some steps to mitigate that when the war starts, since I don't think it'll begin with a nuclear exchange.