22-Jul-16 World View -- Turkey's Erdogan gives himself dictatorial powers, moving Turkey away from the West

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

22-Jul-16 World View -- Turkey's Erdogan gives himself dictatorial powers, moving Turkey away from the West

Post by John »

Turkey moves away from the West

** 22-Jul-16 World View -- Turkey's Erdogan gives himself dictatorial powers, moving Turkey away from the West
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e160722

Contents:
Turkey's Erdogan gives himself dictatorial powers
Turkey moves away from the West

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Israel,
Fethullah Gulen, Saylorsburg Pennsylvania, Iran,
China, Pakistan

vincecate

Re: 22-Jul-16 World View -- Turkey's Erdogan gives himself dictatorial powers, moving Turkey away from the West

Post by vincecate »

John wrote:When I first made this prediction, years ago, Turkey was a close ally and Iran was a hated enemy.
It has been impressive to watch this coming true with Iran and Turkey. Russia and Turkey have moved apart from years ago also. Is Russia is to be on USA side this fits as well.

Also Saudi Arabia really seems to be getting further away from US. So this seems to be coming true as well. The US released parts of the 9/11 report that show Saudi official support for the terrorist. They held that back for almost 15 years because they wanted the Saudis to be happy. That they released it now makes it look like the US does not care so much any more. So kind of impressive here as well.

John

Re: 22-Jul-16 World View -- Turkey's Erdogan gives himself dictatorial powers, moving Turkey away from the West

Post by John »

John wrote: > When I first made this prediction, years ago, Turkey was a close
> ally and Iran was a hated enemy.
vincecate wrote: > It has been impressive to watch this coming true with Iran and
> Turkey. Russia and Turkey have moved apart from years ago also.
> Is Russia is to be on USA side this fits as well.

> Also Saudi Arabia really seems to be getting further away from
> US. So this seems to be coming true as well. The US released
> parts of the 9/11 report that show Saudi official support for the
> terrorist. They held that back for almost 15 years because they
> wanted the Saudis to be happy. That they released it now makes it
> look like the US does not care so much any more. So kind of
> impressive here as well.
Thanks, Vince.

By the way, you haven't said in a long time. Are you still making
plans to survive at sea with your family in a specially designed
floating home? That would be really amazing.

LindaW

Post by LindaW »

I wonder how much our alliance will change if The Donald gets elected. He's been making statements about our commitment to NATO and how many nations in that org don't pay their required share. I understand people running in an election say all kinds of things and then have to deal with reality once they get into office. He's a bit of an unknown because he has no history of decisions made as a public servant.

I read these two articles about Russia bombing a US supported base in Syria. Fortunately none of our guys or Britain's troops were killed. The FOX News article goes into much more detail about the attack. Not surprising the State Dept ignored recommendations of CIA and Pentagon. If this admin doesn't have the balls to confront Putin over this, then it probably never will. Wonder what the admin's reaction would have been if US or British troops were killed by Russian bombs.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/17/politics/ ... index.html

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/07/22 ... syria.html

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

John wrote: By the way, you haven't said in a long time. Are you still making
plans to survive at sea with your family in a specially designed
floating home? That would be really amazing.
Still working on it. Got some aluminum and a welder and making a boat big enough to ride on this summer.
Also getting into 3D printing to test out ideas. With either several models like 5 foot each or several of the ride on size
I will test out software for a train of boats sometime in the next year. I have a real naval architect that will design something we could
live on in the next year or so. So coming along. My goal is to do it before my kids are leaving the nest,
which gives me 4 or 5 years still probably.

Stuff should be coming on http://www.islandboys.ai/ this summer.

Real goal is to make something I can sell, not just for my family.

-- Vince

WorldMan

Post by WorldMan »

Historical Turkey and Iran have never got along either so more evidence for your prediction. Though I have a question, why do you assume there are going two obvious sides? Isn't there strong possibility that it would be more nuance to it? If war broke out China vs Japan & US, wouldn't Russia not want to get involved as its two rivals would be beating the snot out of each other? Slowly more countries might join but might Russia take advantage of the chaos and get the Baltic states for example? That would keep them at odds with the US/NATO (though at that point I doubt we will care much...)

Different note I was wondering what you thought about this,

This WSJ is article about Russia bombing a base in Syria with US troops at it and repeatably being alerted but not caring. These types of things don't help the relationship, will be at a survival level war with China make us forget the old stuff because I don't see the friendliness happening.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/russian-str ... 1469137231

P.S if you can't read it here are some excerpts from a guy's tweets.
https://twitter.com/UrbanAchievr/status ... 9418815492

Kavkaz

Post by Kavkaz »

WorldMan wrote:Historical Turkey and Iran have never got along either so more evidence for your prediction. Though I have a question, why do you assume there are going two obvious sides? Isn't there strong possibility that it would be more nuance to it? If war broke out China vs Japan & US, wouldn't Russia not want to get involved as its two rivals would be beating the snot out of each other? Slowly more countries might join but might Russia take advantage of the chaos and get the Baltic states for example? That would keep them at odds with the US/NATO (though at that point I doubt we will care much...)

Different note I was wondering what you thought about this,

This WSJ is article about Russia bombing a base in Syria with US troops at it and repeatably being alerted but not caring. These types of things don't help the relationship, will be at a survival level war with China make us forget the old stuff because I don't see the friendliness happening.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/russian-str ... 1469137231

P.S if you can't read it here are some excerpts from a guy's tweets.
https://twitter.com/UrbanAchievr/status ... 9418815492
I agree with all the points you made. I think Russia (militarily weak) would sit back and let America and China fight it out while taking the Baltics (easy kills) and perhaps Poland.

I don't think Russia is much of an ally for anyone. Young Russian males are drug addled, alcoholic, and generally unfit. The Russian military (and Russia itself) are corrupt to the core. Most of the military budget is stolen and squandered. The average Russian soldier is poorly trained and ill disciplined. The 'little green men' are highly trained GRU agents, but most of the 'soldiers' fighting in the Ukraine are poorly trained, badly lead, and more interested in a life of crime than proper soldiering. What kind of ally is that? America might as well team up with Mexican gangsters.

I wonder if America will be able to field an army soon. I disagree with John on his main point regarding America. I do not think America will be in good enough condition to wage a war against China. I think civil unrest will bring down America first.

John

Post by John »

Russia won't come into the war to save America. Russia will
come into the war to save India.

WorldMan

Post by WorldMan »

John wrote:Russia won't come into the war to save America. Russia will
come into the war to save India.
Makes sense since Russia and India have been close over the years. Example India being the first major power to recognize Russia's annexation of Crimea. But how will China involve India in the war before they defeat the US? Or will they pull a Hitler and invade another enemy while still being at war with the first?

WorldMan

Post by WorldMan »

Kavkaz wrote:
I agree with all the points you made. I think Russia (militarily weak) would sit back and let America and China fight it out while taking the Baltics (easy kills) and perhaps Poland.

I don't think Russia is much of an ally for anyone. Young Russian males are drug addled, alcoholic, and generally unfit. The Russian military (and Russia itself) are corrupt to the core. Most of the military budget is stolen and squandered. The average Russian soldier is poorly trained and ill disciplined. The 'little green men' are highly trained GRU agents, but most of the 'soldiers' fighting in the Ukraine are poorly trained, badly lead, and more interested in a life of crime than proper soldiering. What kind of ally is that? America might as well team up with Mexican gangsters.

I wonder if America will be able to field an army soon. I disagree with John on his main point regarding America. I do not think America will be in good enough condition to wage a war against China. I think civil unrest will bring down America first.
Civil unrest might play a part but if China goes to war with US in next 15-20 years the country will not be completely gone. During the war I see a better chance of internal collapse as the war starts to put a strain on both countries with democracies having a harder time to stay strong once they start losing.