26-Jun-16 World View -- Britain's Millennials are furious at Boomers for Brexit vote / China - Taiwan

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
Coordinated fires

Re: 26-Jun-16 World View -- Britain's Millennials are furious at Boomers for Brexit vote / China - Taiwan

Post by Coordinated fires »

guest wrote:Why is xenophobia bad ??
Are xenophobes criminals of some kind ?
No, not criminals, arseholes perhaps. However you should probably have more cogent and specific reason for not liking an individual other than just "you're foreign".

If I call you an arse, I can assure you it has nothing to do with your skin color.
Politics is war by other means

Re: 26-Jun-16 World View -- Britain's Millennials are furious at Boomers for Brexit vote / China - Taiwan

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:
There's nothing bad about it unless you count all the times it led to war, slaughter and genocide. But, if you feel that those are qualities worth pursuing, then by all means be xenophobic.
From my History lessons at school I seem to remember innumerable conflicts where for various reasons people slaughtered their own brothers (nothing xenophobic there), be it in France, in the UK, in Russia, in the USA, and elsewhere.

I wonder which ones were more destructive...

psCargile

Post by psCargile »

Guest wrote:
There's nothing bad about it unless you count all the times it led to war, slaughter and genocide. But, if you feel that those are qualities worth pursuing, then by all means be xenophobic.
They are worth pursuing if you win.