25-Jun-16 World View -- Fallout from Brexit: Impact on geopolitics, economics, and stock markets

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John
Posts: 8642
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

25-Jun-16 World View -- Fallout from Brexit: Impact on geopolitics, economics, and stock markets

Postby John » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:56 pm

25-Jun-16 World View -- Fallout from Brexit: Impact on geopolitics, economics, and stock markets


Global stock markets plummet after Brexit surprise

** 25-Jun-16 World View -- Fallout from Brexit: Impact on geopolitics, economics, and stock markets
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/xct.gd.e160625.htm#e160625






Contents:
Successful 'Brexit' referendum vote throws UK and EU into political chaos
Global stock markets plummet after Brexit surprise


Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Brexit, European Union,
United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland,
Nigel Farage, Ukip, Scotland, England, Gibraltar,
Ireland, Gaelic, Nine Years War, War of the Spanish Succession,
panic, crash, forced selling, price/earnings ratio,
Bank of England, European Central Bank, People's Bank of China

One

Re: 25-Jun-16 World View -- Fallout from Brexit: Impact on geopolitics, economics, and stock markets

Postby One » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:34 pm

So, just like the elites and the "establishment" and the one-worlders, and super-bureaucrats, you cringe at the thought of national sovereignty and controlled immigration, and retention of national culture. Instead, you call all of the goals of Brexit "xenophobia." And you call the evils that Brexit wanted to end "good"? That sounds mighty odd and a bit foolish.

Guest

Re: 25-Jun-16 World View -- Fallout from Brexit: Impact on geopolitics, economics, and stock markets

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:41 am

One wrote:So, just like the elites and the "establishment" and the one-worlders, and super-bureaucrats, you cringe at the thought of national sovereignty and controlled immigration, and retention of national culture. Instead, you call all of the goals of Brexit "xenophobia." And you call the evils that Brexit wanted to end "good"? That sounds mighty odd and a bit foolish.


John's seems to want the whole world to be a giant slum. But hey, at least we would all be "equal". Yeah, equally screwed.

psCargile
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: 25-Jun-16 World View -- Fallout from Brexit: Impact on geopolitics, economics, and stock markets

Postby psCargile » Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:50 am

I read John's articles as reports, not judgements. The terms in an of themselves are accurate.

Given the Crisis Era, if the vote went to Stay, the problems wouldn't go away. That's my take away from the article.

gerald
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:34 pm

Re: 25-Jun-16 World View -- Fallout from Brexit: Impact on geopolitics, economics, and stock markets

Postby gerald » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:28 am

"The European Union was formed after two world wars and the Great Depression. Institutions were put into place with the specific purpose of preventing a new war between European nations, and preventing the financial abuse that led to the Great Depression. Today, with the survivors of World War II gone, anger, nationalism, xenophobia, and stupidity are back in full force."

I am not disagreeing with the above statement. ----

Hmm -- So the EU was formed to prevent a repeat of WWII.( founded upon numerous treaties https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_o ... pean_Union ) And what started WWII? The groundwork was started by the elites armistice structure to punish Germany after WWI. And what started WWI? The elites structure of treaties among them selves, and was triggered by one man killing another leading to the death of millions. ---- And the elites get all bent out of shape when the "people" don't support them, I wonder why.

Coordinated fires

Re: 25-Jun-16 World View -- Fallout from Brexit: Impact on geopolitics, economics, and stock markets

Postby Coordinated fires » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:57 am

So if more than half of Britain does not want to drown in oceans of regulation, imposed by unelected left-wing bearocrats in Brussels who receive a 2000£ monthly stipend for trouser cleaning...then they are all racists. Anyone who thinks this Orwellian superstate of unaccountable socialists is bad then you are a racist? If youre against open borders anarchy then you are a racist?

I'm s millennial, I grew up and some of my best friends are from all over he world, I harbour no racist ideology, however every time I disagree with a middle aged rich white liberal im a racist?

Usually I agree with most of what John writes but the reason people are voting this way is because they're tired of being called racists by a bunch of race-obsessed champagne-sipping, victim-industry "liberals".

Guest

Re: 25-Jun-16 World View -- Fallout from Brexit: Impact on geopolitics, economics, and stock markets

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:08 am

One wrote:So, just like the elites and the "establishment" and the one-worlders, and super-bureaucrats, you cringe at the thought of national sovereignty and controlled immigration, and retention of national culture. Instead, you call all of the goals of Brexit "xenophobia." And you call the evils that Brexit wanted to end "good"? That sounds mighty odd and a bit foolish.


The definition of "xenophobia" is disagreeing with middle aged rich white liberals over the minutiae of tax policy, or who will win the Super Bowl, or what type of ice cream is best....or anything else.

Basically shut up or else you're a xenophobe and probably a homophobe, and likely a sexist too (just for good measure).

John
Posts: 8642
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: 25-Jun-16 World View -- Fallout from Brexit: Impact on geopolitics, economics, and stock markets

Postby John » Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:57 pm

Coordinated fires wrote:> So if more than half of Britain does not want to drown in oceans
> of regulation, imposed by unelected left-wing bearocrats in
> Brussels who receive a 2000£ monthly stipend for trouser
> cleaning...then they are all racists. Anyone who thinks this
> Orwellian superstate of unaccountable socialists is bad then you
> are a racist? If youre against open borders anarchy then you are a
> racist?

> I'm s millennial, I grew up and some of my best friends are from
> all over he world, I harbour no racist ideology, however every
> time I disagree with a middle aged rich white liberal im a racist?

> Usually I agree with most of what John writes but the reason
> people are voting this way is because they're tired of being
> called racists by a bunch of race-obsessed champagne-sipping,
> victim-industry "liberals".


Guest wrote:> The definition of "xenophobia" is disagreeing with middle aged
> rich white liberals over the minutiae of tax policy, or who will
> win the Super Bowl, or what type of ice cream is best....or
> anything else.

> Basically shut up or else you're a xenophobe and probably a
> homophobe, and likely a sexist too (just for good
> measure).


There's so much low-hanging fruit to grab from these comments it's
almost laughable.

Let's start with the most laughable thing. Apparently both of
you are completely clueless about this, but Millennials were
overwhelmingly opposed to Brexit.

*** Brexit and the Generational Divide
*** https://www.commonwealmagazine.org/blog ... nal-divide

> These are all valid concerns. They all played some part in turning
> the British people against the EU. But there is another factor, a
> cultural factor reflected in a stark generational divide. Evidence
> suggests that support for leaving the EU was concentrated among
> people over 50. Among the 18-24 year olds, 75 percent opposed
> Brexit. So it can’t be just concerns about economic insecurity or
> the democratic deficit, issues that affect all
> generations. There’s also an ugly undertone of nationalistic
> xenophobia at play here. Indeed, what drove the leave vote seems
> to have been more cultural than economic—to put it bluntly, fear
> and loathing over rising immigration and greater cultural
> diversity. This is exactly the same dynamic playing out across the
> Atlantic with the rise of Trump—a cultural backlash of older
> whiter people lashing out against demographic forces that they see
> as threatening their historically privileged position.


So this fact alone wipes out the justification for your phony outrage.
In other words, you're agreeing with the rich white liberals, and the
people over 50. Hell, you probably are rich white liberals
yourselves, just whining because you hate your parents.

If you hate people over 50 so much, then you should understand that
your racism matches that of people over 50, and that the people you
should hate are other Millennials, since they appear to overwhelmingly
disagree with you. (That's a problem with Millennials in general.
You all think you're so smart because you carry around iPhones and
other shiny things, and it never seems to dawn on you that there's
nothing new under the sun.)

Second, the champagne-sipping unelected left-wing bureaucrats
have been doing the same job in Brussels for over 40 years.
Hypocrisy reaches its highest point when you're talking about
politicians or regulators. If they're doing something you like,
then they're statesmen; if not, then they're champagne-sipping
bureaucrats.

The point is that decades have gone by with no Brexit referendum
targeting champagne-sipping unelected left-wing bureaucrats. The
Brexit referendum became active only recently because of foreign
workers coming to the UK -- first the Catholic Poles, and later the
Muslim Syrians.

That's been true throughout Europe. Marine Le Pen in France, Geert
Wilders in Holland and others only became popular because of
migration.

So the Brexit referendum had nothing to do with bureaucrats, as you'd
like to claim, and it has everything to do with racism and xenophobia,
which seems to embarrass you.

I like to point that the worst bigots are the bigots who don't know
that they're bigots -- and this has been amply demonstrated by both
liberals and conservatives. If you know your own prejudices, then you
can compensate for them. But everyone has prejudices, and if you
delude yourself into believing that you don't have them, then you say
things that make you sound like a racist idiot.

So I think you should be proud of your racism and xenophobia, and you
should be proud of the fact that you're siding with people over 50
against your peer Millennials. Be like "Millenial83," who was in this
forum up until about a month ago defending his racism. Be loud and
proud, like the Nazis were in the 1930s.

Stand up and say, "I'm a racist and a xenophobe and I'm proud of it!!"
That way, at least you won't be a hypocrite.

Coordinated fires

Re: 25-Jun-16 World View -- Fallout from Brexit: Impact on geopolitics, economics, and stock markets

Postby Coordinated fires » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:39 pm

John writes article after article pointing out that uncontrolled mass migration into Europe will likly not end well for Europe, and describes the EU response to the migration crisis as bumbling, then proceeds to call 10s of millions of people racist for wanting out.

Migration crisis was only the final straw, resentment toward the eu has been growing over a number of issues. To say that everyone who voted for exit is a racist is vile. If you call a kkk member a racist they eill thank you for the compliment. But when you falsely accuse people of being motivated solely by racism you're going to piss them off.

On a side note I don't hate people over 50 as you claim and I'm sorry if my comments came across that way. Like I said, people(especially people who read your site every day)get pissed off when you accuse them of being racist xenophobes for being eurosceptics or holding the perfectly legimitate belief that open borders as envisioned by Brussells, is not a great idea.

John
Posts: 8642
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:10 pm
Location: Cambridge, MA USA
Contact:

Re: 25-Jun-16 World View -- Fallout from Brexit: Impact on geopolitics, economics, and stock markets

Postby John » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:04 pm

Coordinated fires wrote:> John writes article after article pointing out that uncontrolled
> mass migration into Europe will likly not end well for Europe, and
> describes the EU response to the migration crisis as bumbling,
> then proceeds to call 10s of millions of people racist for wanting
> out.


Yeah, but you're leaving a lot out of this summary.

Your reference to "uncontrolled mass migration" is purposely
misleading, since I'm sure you're aware that mass migration is now
very tightly controlled by the EU-Turkey migration deal. In fact,
that deal was put into place by the champagne-sipping unelected
left-wing bureaucrats that you claim to despise, even though they did
something that presumably is exactly what you want.

Second, mass migration will not end well for Europe, but not because
of the migrants. A couple of million migrants entering the EU, with
its population of 500 million, could easily be handled almost
effortlessly, if there were the political and populist will to do so.

The problem is not the migrants. The problem is the racism and
xenophobia against the migrants. If the migrants were distributed and
settled in villages and cities around the EU without racism and
xenophobia, then there wouldn't be any problem at all.

This is obvious from the fact that in the aftermath of World War II,
there were tens of millions of refugees in Europe. The Silent and GI
and Lost generations at the time dealt with them because they were
very well aware of the fact that it was not migrants that caused World
War II but racism and xenophobia. (Gerald, this includes mutual
xenophobia between the French and the Germans, and between the
Americans and the Japanese.) The people at that time were aware that
not only were racism and xenophobia immoral, they were also absolutely
disastrous.

So today, you have people who have turned that on its head, saying
that it's the migrants causing the problems and, "by the way I don't
have a racist bone in my body."

And what I'm saying is that not only is that attitude immoral, it also
leads to absolute disaster, as it has in every time and place in
history. That's also the point of view Angela Merkel and of many of
the champagne-sipping unelected left-wing bureaucrats, who are alarmed
at the surge in racism and xenophobia, similar to the 1930s.

But I'm glad that you're pure of heart, and for you this is only about
good governance, and not about migration. Since you're pure of heart,
then you really should stop associating with racists and xenophobes
and, to prove it, you should come out and say that a million or so
migrants in Europe will not harm anyone.


Return to “Weblog News Comments and Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 23 guests