21-Mar-16 World View -- Pentagon to expand a secret military firebase in Iraq / Whom to support for President?

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

21-Mar-16 World View -- Pentagon to expand a secret military firebase in Iraq / Whom to support for President?

Post by John »

21-Mar-16 World View -- Pentagon to expand a secret military firebase in Iraq after Marine killed

Whom to support for President?

** 21-Mar-16 World View -- Pentagon to expand a secret military firebase in Iraq after Marine killed
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e160321

Contents:
In Greece, banks can charge you for making change
Pentagon to expand a secret military firebase in Iraq after Marine killed
Whom to support for President?

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Greece, Pentagon, Iraq,
Louis F Cardin, 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit, Joshua L. Wheeler,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL, Daesh

Anonymous1

Re: 21-Mar-16 World View -- Pentagon to expand a secret military firebase in Iraq / Whom to support for President?

Post by Anonymous1 »

Expending military base that is know to be attacked only increases the number fish in the barrel.

On the Prez quiz, you forgot to include the hint of about the increasing body count. Hint on the hint http://www.freewebs.com/jeffhead/libert ... ycount.txt. And then you have their boss' list http://www.nachumlist.com/deadpool.htm. The other side has their own. Everybody wins.

Jack Edwards

Re: 21-Mar-16 World View -- Pentagon to expand a secret military firebase in Iraq / Whom to support for President?

Post by Jack Edwards »

Anonymous1 wrote:
On the Prez quiz, you forgot to include the hint of about the increasing body count. Hint on the hint
There are many reasons why Hillary would be an unfortunate choice.... guess I forgot that one. I'd like to thank John for quoting my snarky sarcastic post - I was pretty ticked off that day, normally I'm a bit more formal and non-confrontational. I wasn't aware the current President had his own list of excessive fatalities in his vicinity.. wow, who knows what to believe, I don't anymore. This election cycle has reinforced in me that most people don't share my thought processes. I can't objectively think of many valid reasons why any of top tier candidates would make good presidents - let alone why anyone would be excited to vote for them. Some day reality will smack us straight in the face.. not going to be a fun day.

Regards,
Jack

mooreupp

Post by mooreupp »

The description of Trump is mostly accurate with my only full quibble being that I disagree about him being racist. Most of that perception imo comes from a) him supporting a wall, b) his belief we should temporarily stop Muslim immigration, and c) the media pushing the image.

With regards to a) and b), it is quite possible to argue for those without being racist. If your opinion on immigration is that the needs of current citizens come first then there's arguments for limiting immigration from Mexico on economic grounds (those hurt most are the poor who want less competition for lower wage jobs). There's also an argument for limiting immigration if you think there is a high probability we end up with terrorism as a result. Now saying all Muslims shouldn't be allowed was several steps further than he needed to go, but I don't equate him over-stepping without looking through it nearly closely enough with racism (other things yes, but not racism).

With all that said, I reluctantly voted for him for a few reasons.
1. He's the only one who has proposed a solid medical plan. You can't fix the debt issues without solving the medical ones as they take up too much spending (and it's getting worse). Get rid of the effectively medical monopolies though and the cost of medicine and the national debt drop accordingly. Trumps plan isn't huge, but it's got the few simple things that I've wanted to see for years and no one else seems willing to push because the entire medical industry will probably fight.

2. While not liking his rhetoric, I am in the the camp for limiting immigration if you can. On humanitarian grounds, I hate that, but the demographic changes in this country are already too severe and going to cause too many issues (I do not discount the idea of an eventual Civil War, 2 of America's 3 crisis wars pitted Americans vs. Americans if you count the American Revolution).

Hello tinfoil hat

Post by Hello tinfoil hat »

John and generational dynamics is 100% spot on accurate. Avid reader for years and years. But Trump? Really? You must be wanting the clash of the civilizations war to begin asap. 35% tariffs. Millions rounded up and expelled like trash. And then there is the other side. there is zero choice any direction you turn....but trump? No way...

MarvyGuy

Post by MarvyGuy »

I would have said a Felon, Commie, Goldman Sachs' Canadian and a Narcissist. I don't even count the guy from Ohio or wherever. At least soapsud is out.

The culture has degraded such that seeking and/or holding office, especially national-level office, is, in and of itself, proof that a given person is psychologically and morally unfit to hold public office. Barnhardt Axiom

mike

Post by mike »

The racism charge is absurd. Racist is a word pretty much devoid of meaning at this point so often has it been used as a general slur and I'm genuinely disappointed to see it flung here, by you. In the spectrum of views on race, with advances in the (still controversial) field of human biodiversity the now 30-year old Bell Curve and the Color of Crime, Trump is not a racist *at all*, with attitudes much more liberal than your typical rural 70 year old. Nations have cultural and ethnic character, and there is nothing at all wrong with acting to preserve that character. Every other country on earth does it other than america and western europe.

Jack Edwards

Post by Jack Edwards »

Mike said:
The racism charge is absurd. Racist is a word pretty much devoid of meaning at this point so often has it been used as a general slur and I'm genuinely disappointed to see it flung here, by you.
Mike - I'm the one who wrote the rather sarcastic post about the various presidential candidates - and what I perceive as a relatively poor choice that we have. I'm sorry if my flippant comment caused offense, I actually agree with you that the term "racist" really doesn't mean much at all anymore. The true definition of racist is that one believes that certain races are inferior to others. I have not seen Trump specifically act as a racist by this definition. Our media and culture seem to use the word in a much more broad sense and a slur as you noted. I used the word more in that context, but regret it in retrospect as it is an inflammatory and imprecise word. As I wrote that little rant, I used that word in self reflection - I'm tired of being called a racist by our present administration and culture. I'm not. Yet, far too often, when I or anyone like me disagrees with a progressive policy, it's attributed to racism, not rational thought. I believe by your comments you feel similarly.

I do note that Trump stereotypes Mexicans and Islamists with a very broad and negative brush. The worst in our society gravitate to that - and use it to validate their own prejudices against people that are different than them. I see this as very negative, and it seems to me that Trump is doing this on purpose to garner support. Perhaps he is not technically racist, but his rhetoric does not encourage people of different races to come closer together in understanding - but rather creates division.

I weekly work in a church ministry with Hispanics. I know them and their children and speak their language. They are good people. The VAST majority that I know simply want to work and provide for their families and are here legally as far as I know. Their responses to terrorist attacks are the same as any Americans. I do not defend illegal immigration and do not deny we should have rational immigration policies. But I can say this, having lived in a latin american country for a time, that had I been born there, I would have expended every effort legal and otherwise to leave and come to a place like the United States where I could through my efforts lift myself up in freedom.

I loathe Hillary for her dishonesty, but I fear Trump and what his policies and rhetoric could do to our culture and nation.

Regards,
Jack

John

Post by John »

If it quacks like a duck ...

MarvyGuy

Post by MarvyGuy »

John wrote:If it quacks like a duck ...
No one listens anyway John. AnnB Axiom says it all. Anyway enough of that check this out for your AI fun!
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-2 ... -bashing-p

So not sure if it legit story but sure is funny if true (or scary depending on your POV). So much for benevolent wisdom so submit to your AI masters NOW.