5-Mar-16 World View -- A look back at Libya in 2011 as the West debates another military intervention

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

5-Mar-16 World View -- A look back at Libya in 2011 as the West debates another military intervention

Post by John »

Police in Turkey use force to shut down opposition newspaper

** 5-Mar-16 World View -- A look back at Libya in 2011 as the West debates another military intervention
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e160305

Contents:
Italy debates military intervention in Libya after ISIS kills Italian hostages
Looking back at the 2011 'Arab Spring' Libya military intervention
Russian media calls Gaddafi's Libya an 'oasis of stability'
Police in Turkey use force to shut down opposition newspaper

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Libya, Italy, Britain, France,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL, Daesh,
Khalifa Haftar, Tobruk, Benghazi, Tripoli, Russia, Arab Spring,
Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen, Syria, Hosni Mubarak, Muammar Gadaffi,
Bangladesh, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Zaman

Re: 5-Mar-16 World View -- A look back at Libya in 2011 as the West debates another military intervention

Post by Guest »

Could there be a multi-sided civil war in Turkey involving Kurds vs. Islamists vs. secularists? Since Turkey fought a brutal war against the Kurds in the 80s and 90s (before re-starting the war last year), would a civil war be impossible? If Russia attacks Turkey, could Turkey hold off the Russians, at least in a convential war? I doubt the Russians would use nukes on Turkey.

MarvyGuy

Re: 5-Mar-16 World View -- A look back at Libya in 2011 as the West debates another military intervention

Post by MarvyGuy »

Nothing quite says "try that one again" than an S400 system on the corner.

http://www.turkishweekly.net/2016/02/01 ... -continue/

John is interesting to notice 2 things in the historic - some of the events transpired after Friday call to prayers. What is up with that and what was said? The other is the food prices rising in Egypt. Where did that come from? We see clearly the FR revolution started for similar reasons and that appeared to be controlled.

I have been reflecting on an idea that I am looking at Crisis periods a little backwards. It is not a crisis period because X or Y happens but becomes a crisis period as X and Y have been happening for a long time and now Z comes along and everything is suddenly different. This Z can be anything that has not happened in the 70 yrs (or so). So consider that FN has been around for quite some time. Now refugee crisis is pushing renewed interest in FN even though system is/was doing everything to shut it down. Same I believe for UKIP etc. (someone tried to kill Farage btw) and is also rise of DJT as the "unprotected' revolt. My concern is Lenin's "out of chaos, order" where we see that the effects of Z were used to consolidate and transfer power from Middle classes to "protected" elites. Thus the middle gets moved to the lower in order that prevent them disrupting the structure (at least for a generation until the next crisis comes back around). We will also see this in terms of NIRP and capital controls here in the west.

I think we will see also Chaos in Greece soon as refugees are being blocked from moving north. The poor Greeks have been roughly treated, have lived a life they can not afford (early retirement, benefits et al) but when they are scared for their lives they will react in a most violent manner.

Just saw this also:

Speaking in a panel at the German Marshall Fund think tank, Bozkır said the readmission agreement and the removal of visa requirements for Turkish citizens visiting the EU were signed at the same time.

The visa removal is expected to go into effect at the end of the year.

“The EU should remove the visa in October or November. If the readmission agreement goes into effect and the visa removal doesn’t happen in that period of time, we have the right to annul the agreement, according to the readmission deal. This is a relation that goes hand in hand,” Bozkır said.

He added that it was not correct to assume that 1 million illegal migrants would be returned to Turkey the day the agreement went into effect because the process was not so easy.

“For each person, a file will be sent, including their name and identity, and documents proving that person crossed to Europe through Turkey. Then a commission in Turkey will examine these cases and if this commission permits it, then these illegal migrants will be able to be sent to Turkey,” Bozkır said.

http://www.turkishweekly.net/2016/03/05 ... -minister/

Well this is full of holes. Esp if relations between Turkey and EU break down (say over Russia and relaxing of sanctions), "Hey I might look like I am from Pakistan but I am Iraqi see look at my fake passport." I bet there is no substantial reduction in anything and the effects of Z will continue to mount. "I see torches and pitchforks in your future" - The Oracle at Delphi.