17-Feb-16 World View -- China speeds rapid military buildup in South China Sea / China promises 'Peace in our time'

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

17-Feb-16 World View -- China speeds rapid military buildup in South China Sea / China promises 'Peace in our time'

Post by John »

17-Feb-16 World View -- China speeds rapid military buildup in South China Sea

China promises 'Peace in our time' at ASEAN conference

** 17-Feb-16 World View -- China speeds rapid military buildup in South China Sea
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e160217

Contents:
China speeds rapid military buildup in South China Sea
China promises 'Peace in our time' at ASEAN conference

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, China, South China Sea, Paracel Islands,
Spratly Islands, Woody Island, Joseph Aucoin,
Adolf Hitler, Czechoslovakia, Neville Chamberlain

jmm1184

Re: 17-Feb-16 World View -- China speeds rapid military buildup in South China Sea / China promises 'Peace in our time'

Post by jmm1184 »

I know I've asked you this in the past, but I'll put this before the forum. In the coming WWIII, you say it will be China-Pakistan/Sunni Muslim Countries (Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Egypt?) vs. USA, Japan, India, Russia, and Iran; Europe is a wildcard, though I find it likely that the UK will side with the US.

Based off of what we know (admittedly very little) of each side's capabilities, who do you think has a good chance of winning? The Chinese will be in a hard place to fight - surrounded by enemies on all sides with no nearby allies except Pakistan. I expect Pakistan and India will spend most of their energy fighting each other, though India will undoubtedly have a Himalayan Front with China. China faces Russia to the north in Siberia, but it is sparsely inhabited and Russia will need to keep firm grip on the ME front since its the closest to home. Japan's military capability has been growing, but without US support it will not be enough, so expect the Pacific Region to be a fight between China and the US, Japan, Australia, and their allies (probably New Zealand too). So China will be fighting a war on all its fronts, but it has the advantage that all of its attackers will also be fighting wars on all their fronts, so everyone is equally stretched.

I do think an advantage to the US is combat experience, but China also has an incredibly large pool of manpower to draw from, more than any of the other combatants except for India.

Personally, I think its still up in the air as to who will win. Of course I'd naturally want the USA to win, and right now that is likely because it has the greatest capability of any nation and has extensive combat experience. If the USA can mobilize its citizenry into full support for the war like in WWII, then we have a good chance at victory (maybe). But that would require substantial worldview and behavior change, because as things stand now I do not see the American people coming together in a spirit of sacrifice - individualism and entitlement is too strong.

What are your thoughts John?

Jack Edwards

Re: 17-Feb-16 World View -- China speeds rapid military buildup in South China Sea / China promises 'Peace in our time'

Post by Jack Edwards »

I do think an advantage to the US is combat experience, but China also has an incredibly large pool of manpower to draw from, more than any of the other combatants except for India.

Personally, I think its still up in the air as to who will win. Of course I'd naturally want the USA to win, and right now that is likely because it has the greatest capability of any nation and has extensive combat experience. If the USA can mobilize its citizenry into full support for the war like in WWII, then we have a good chance at victory (maybe). But that would require substantial worldview and behavior change, because as things stand now I do not see the American people coming together in a spirit of sacrifice - individualism and entitlement is too strong.

What are your thoughts John?
Thermonuclear weapons, cyber warfare, nano technology, bio-weapons, targeted assassinations with drones, EM Pulses to take out electrical infrastructure - it's a whole different world and old rules about who wins may not apply. Can the USA mobilize it's citizenry into full support? I understand that the Millenials should be our hero generation - but goodness - I'm skeptical, very skeptical. I'm very skeptical that the citizenry of the US will take the threat to it's existence seriously until things are far too late. I suspect that whoever strikes first - with greatest force will have a significant advantage - and I don't think that will be the USA.

jmm1184

Post by jmm1184 »

I'd be curious to know what elder views of the GI Generation in the 1930s were like, and if elder missionaries and lost had a low opinion of young people at the time, or if they were seen as exemplars of civic achievement even before WWII. Does anyone have any potential sources for this?

Jack Edwards

Post by Jack Edwards »

I'd be curious to know what elder views of the GI Generation in the 1930s were like, and if elder missionaries and lost had a low opinion of young people at the time, or if they were seen as exemplars of civic achievement even before WWII. Does anyone have any potential sources for this?
A few thoughts and data points on that:
The Fifth Commandment says: “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the LORD your God is giving you.”
-Elders have thought that younger generations weren't measuring up for millenia. Why should now be any different?

-My grandmother was born in 1900 and wrote a very nice long autobiography. She was a simple person raised in poverty in a remote location. She talks about going to the train station to watch the soldiers going through when she was young (I assume WWI). Soldiers had greater status and prestige at that time. I expect 30%-40% of the USA believes anyone in the armed forces is evil and bad now, and that another 20% has general negative feelings towards the military.

-I have three millenial aged children. I love them dearly - but God help us if the survival of our nation depended on them. I've not been able to instill in them any degree of "toughness" and willingness to sacrifice.

Regards,
Jack

Post by Guest »

The immigrant population, most of them illegal, most of them on government assistance, will use war as an opportunity to rape, loot, and murder on an even larger scale than they do now. And the millenials will look on passively and call any form of defense against immigrant crime as racist.