31-Jan-16 World View -- Turkey threatens 'consequences' after Russia violates its airspace again

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

31-Jan-16 World View -- Turkey threatens 'consequences' after Russia violates its airspace again

Post by John »

The English language becomes an issue between Turkey and Russia

** 31-Jan-16 World View -- Turkey threatens 'consequences' after Russia violates its airspace again
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e160131

Contents:
Turkey threatens 'consequences' after Russia violates its airspace again
The English language becomes an issue between Turkey and Russia

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Turkey, Russia, Vladimir Putin,
Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Syria, Ahmet Davutoglu,
Iror Konashenkov

vincecate

Re: 31-Jan-16 World View -- Turkey threatens 'consequences' after Russia violates its airspace again

Post by vincecate »

John wrote:In response, Russia's Defense Ministry mocked the "English and Russian" claim as a story made up by "ignorant propagandists who watched too many Hollywood action movies."
Given that Russian military are not required to learn English (very believable) it would be really amazing if people in Turkey's military knew Arabic, English, and Russian and could really warn them in Russian. It is possible they have some Russian speaking personnel and put them at the microphone, but I suspect they just did English.

If Turkey sends some planes into Syria and Syria/Russia shoot them down with missiles it seems Turkey feels NATO should then come to their aid but I doubt NATO would, at least not as far as attacking Syria/Russia. But believing NATO would get drawn into attacking might be enough to get Turkey to do something foolish.

Re: 31-Jan-16 World View -- Turkey threatens 'consequences' after Russia violates its airspace again

Post by Guest »

It's common for university educated Turks to speak several languages. Turks have been heavily involved in business and governmental activities above (Russiam Empire/ Soviet Union/ Russian Federation) and below (The ME) for centuries. It's common for Turkish air traffic controllers to speak English, Russian, and Arabic. Only people who have never been to Turkey would be unaware of this.

indyjonesouthere

Post by indyjonesouthere »

At the start of the US invasion of Iraq, the Turkish government denied the US access to invade Iraq from the Turkish border with Iraq. Instead the 173rd Abn Bde was air dropped into the area and had to march the route with supplies carried by themselves. We owe Turkey nothing as that is what Turkey provided the US when we could have used their help in the form of access to this area. If they actually think we owe them any assistance they are in for an unfortunate surprise.

Post by Guest »

What does Turkey owe the West? If America had not invaded Iraq, would there be anarchy across most of the Middle East? Would Iraq, Syria, and Libya now be failed states? Would Lebanon and Jordan be on the brink? Would millions of Muslim refugees be raping and robbing there way across Europa right now? How did toppling secular leaders like Saddam and Ghaddafyi help the Middle East, Turkey, and Europa? The world owes America a swift kick in the backside.

indyjonesouthere

If Turkey actually expects the west to come to its aid because it is a member of NATO then it would seem that Turkey should have come to the aid of the US just as I have stated. That it did not would give the other NATO members, to include the US, reason to ignore a request for aid from Turkey if it manages to get Russia on its case. Turkey has also been unhelpful to controlling the flow of illegal immigrants from the M.E. through its territory and on to the European countries that are under an invasion. Do not forget that this began as the 1st gulf war with Sadam invading Kuwait. The M.E. countries, including Turkey, could have come to Kuwait's aid without any US intervention but chose not to and waited for the US to form the allied response. If you are familiar with Robert Prechter and socionomics as a predictor of behavior based on social mood, it is quite easy to see chaos forming in the ME with the extremely low prices in crude oil. The ME was in a real depression with crude at 11 dollars a barrel and that severely affected budgets of ME leaders. There was a short respite as crude skyrocketed but it has since collapsed and you can again see increasing chaos spreading. Nasty wars come after economic collapses and it appears to be spreading worldwide. The M.E. was just a place to start.

Post by Guest »

Not even a nice try. The US has been a wrecking ball swinging wildly all over the ME and the Muslim world for decades. The ME has gone through periods of dire poverty and never been in the state of total collapse that it is now. America is directly blame for this.

Major power France didn't help in 2003 either(so just don't single out Turkey). They openly opposed the attacks. France feared the chaos it would cause, many did. The majority of Europeans opposed the invasion of Iraq. America bullied several countries into joining them and damaged NATO.

America soldiers raped arab women in Abu Ghraib (and all over Iraq) and Americans ignored it. Now America sheds crocodile tears for the victims of ISIS. Nice...

The US had cut the head off of secular rule in the ME. I don't think anyone in the US government ever considers the consequences of anything they do anymore. Rationalize away all you want, but the US will not escape the blame they rightly deserve. Thanks for nothing.

indyjonesouthere

The Islamic wrecking ball has been bashing every other culture since its inception. The US is only the most recent and its first experience with Islamist was Jefferson having to deal with the Barbary pirates. It attacks other cultures and religions in India, China, Russia, Israel, Europe and the Phillipines and shows no remorse what so ever. It has done this for hundreds of years, this is only the latest iteration. Its collapse is due to its only real resource, oil, which is again collapsing. For decades the M.E. countries have counted on revenue from oil rather than revenue from production by its own people. And the biggest killer of M.E. citizens is the constant bitter war between Sunni and Shia and hatred of Kurds. Just as American ghetto citizens are their own worst enemy so are islamist their own worst enemy.