24-Jan-16 World View -- European Union said to be collapsing over migrant crisis / The 2016 market meltdown

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

24-Jan-16 World View -- European Union said to be collapsing over migrant crisis / The 2016 market meltdown

Post by John »

24-Jan-16 World View -- European Union said to be collapsing over migrant crisis

The 2016 market meltdown raises fears of financial crisis

** 24-Jan-16 World View -- European Union said to be collapsing over migrant crisis
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e160124

Contents:
Reader comments on xenophobic 'Soldiers of Odin' in Finland
European Union said to be collapsing over migrant crisis
Mideast borders set by Sykes-Picot and Balfour declaration under fire
The 2016 market meltdown raises fears of financial crisis

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Finland, Soldiers of Odin,
European Union, Schengen Agreement, George Soros,
France, Manuel Valls, Jean-Claude Jüncker, Donald Tusk,
Sykes-Picot Agreement, Balfour Declaration,
Francois Georges-Picot, Mark Sykes, Yemen,
United Arab Emirates, UAE, Palestine, Israel,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL, Daesh,
Eugene Rogan, Syria, Bashar al-Assad, Russia, Vladimir Putin,
Iran, Seyed Ali Khamenei, Doug Noland

MarvyGuy

Re: 24-Jan-16 World View -- European Union said to be collapsing over migrant crisis / The 2016 market meltdown

Post by MarvyGuy »

Xeno - combining form of Greek xénos stranger

Phobia - a persistent, irrational, intense fear of a specific object, activity, or situation (the phobic stimulus), fear that is recognized as being excessive or unreasonable by the individual himself. When a phobia is a significant source of distress or interferes with social functioning, it is considered a mental disorder

There are many things these days that like to tack the word "phobia" to them that are in fact not consistent with the medical definition. I would like to submit that what is happening in Europe is not Xeno nor Islam related phobias but, rather, large groups of young military age males who are acting in ways that are not consistent with the majority of people already living in that area. I have long submitted that mixing christian and Muslim populations can not work in the long run. One must give way to the other on a fundamentalist level and at a minimum create fissures along which crises events will occur.

While American values would not have included the word Xenophobic since the word was only created this past century there were many forms of not liking the new guys starting with native Indian tribes who were there first and probably did not care to see the "white man" destroying their way of life and culture (which took place). I think we can include fear of slave revolts, the arrival of Irish, Italian, Polish. Hispanic etc. These cultures all eventually blended together I think in large part due to shared values based in Judaeo Christian heritage and western forms of governance. I do not discount Chinese, Japanese, Korean and other Asian cultures who also have blended peacefully into the mix. I feel it a mistake to believe that this success will continue with the arrival of Islam en masse. The stated goal of Islam is to convert all to Islam and fundamentalists will do so by any means necessary. Let us not forget that Islam is a political system and of itself not compatible with any other system of governance.

While what we are seeing is an historic people migration you also have those supporting this movement advocating for open borders (or de facto no borders). I have read somewhere Soros is a big supporter of the website below which might explain his comments to Germany.

http://openborders.info/

Re: 24-Jan-16 World View -- European Union said to be collapsing over migrant crisis / The 2016 market meltdown

Post by Guest »

I am sick and tird of people (primarly liberals) saying that the tide of migrants is unstoppable. It's not. Invaders have repeatedly tried to conquer Europe, for example, the Ottoman Turks. What stopped them? The Will to stop them. People just didn't surrender. Western Europeans are so straggled by left-wing dogma and liberal ideology (guilt) that they refuse to fight back at all.

My prediction: Three Europes.

The UK,Ireland, Gemany, France, holland, Spain, and Austria will become 3rd world failed states on par with Iraq and Syria; ruled by migrant warlords. Native male populations will be exterminated. Native women will wish they had been.

Eastern Europe: muslim free and either allied with Russia or conquered by it. Either way, slaves of Russia.

I see Portugal and Scandanavia holding out, but only after a BRUTAL civil war. I own a house in Portugal.

mooreupp

Post by mooreupp »

Long time reader even if I rarely post. I haven't minded some of the terms because it's been more in an academic sense than a name calling sense (in the same way genocidal (while still negative) is used in an academic sense more here).

That said, I do have to disagree with being un-American. I compare this wave of immigrants to the wave at the last 19th/early 20th century (arguably the most successful reaction to such a large wave of immigration ever) and reactions to both. I think there are several lessons we should learn from the past. The primary one is that they emphasized Americanization (assimilation, although in reality there was somewhat a blending of cultures) which did help integrate the new people into American culture. Unfortunately, we can't really do that while proclaiming multiculturalism. I think that was one thing very much missing today and does not paint a pretty pictures.

The other thing we see from the past is that they did eventually limit levels when they felt they were loosing their country. If you had kept levels where they were, I think it would have been highly unlikely you'd have had the melting pot be as successful with that wave as it ultimately was.

That said, it's certainly possible that the numbers reduced for reasons outside the law and that changing laws did little to change the numbers and will do little now. That said, it was a big issue for decades before they limited the number for a time in the 20s and I don't think doing something similar would be inappropriate, especially given the current work place participation rate and the fact that more immigrants means more competition for the same jobs which is likely only to drive wages lower. Doing that though will always be drumming up public support for it as elected officials will never be convinced to that by most the people donating big money (as businesses benefit more from cheaper labor).