16-Jan-16 World View -- Mideast trends: Sunni-Shia countries align along predicted lines

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

16-Jan-16 World View -- Mideast trends: Sunni-Shia countries align along predicted lines

Post by John »

Saudi Arabia faces increased social unrest with sudden austerity budget

** 16-Jan-16 World View -- Mideast trends: Sunni-Shia countries align along predicted lines
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e160116

Contents:
Mideast trends: Sunni-Shia countries align along predicted lines
Saudi Arabia faces increased social unrest with sudden austerity budget

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Syria, Hezbollah,
United Arab Emirates, UAE, Egypt, Turkey, Pakistan, China,
William Strauss, Neil Howe, MIT's System Dynamics,
Wahhabi Salafist, Grand Mosque, al-Qaeda, Yemen, Aramco,
Mohammad Baqir Nimr al-Nimr, Iran, Salman bin Abdulaziz al Saud,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL, Daesh

gerald

Re: 16-Jan-16 World View -- Mideast trends: Sunni-Shia countries align along predicted lines

Post by gerald »

Well John, it looks like congratulations are in order, even if may be a little premature, but things seen to be shaping up as you predicted.
( I should ad unfortunately, since the coming events don't look very pleasant to say the least.)

I am sure you are aware that one can make correct predictions , observations, etc. and if it goes against the accepted norm you will generally get scorn. Most people don't like being proved incorrect or worse, many will stay by their beliefs even while being hit in the face with the truth. They will come up with all kinds or reasons. It is sorta like an individual completely ignorant of housing construction ridiculing a contractor for a minor flaw in the finishing of a wood floor, but ignoring the over all high quality of the house.

cheers

SouthernGentleman

Re: 16-Jan-16 World View -- Mideast trends: Sunni-Shia countries align along predicted lines

Post by SouthernGentleman »

As a firm believer in the GenDyn theory for years, l must say......Thank you John.....there are a few of us who truly appreciates your time and expertise.

Jack Edwards

Post by Jack Edwards »

Kudos from me too John,

I remember years ago reading that prediction and just not seeing how it was ever going to happen. I still don't know how Israel and Iran will ever align but... wait and see.

OK - honest question here - this executive action treaty with Iran seems to have happened entirely because it was important to President Obama. I'm not aware of any groundswell of support from the masses - even the partisan democrat masses - for this. Obviously the Republicans are opposed. What if Romney had been elected? Would reconcilliation with Iran be happening so soon? Right now the main Republican contenders for the presidency seem to be quite anti-Iran. Could things switch back if a change in party occurs with the next election - or will we be too far along in our reconcilliation to turn back?

Regards,
Jack

John

Post by John »

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your support.

With regard to what would have happened if Romney had won:

Iran's rapprochement with the West is not coming from Obama, but from
the Iranian people themselves.

** 9-Nov-15 World View -- Political crisis in Iran grows over nuclear agreement
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e151109

I wrote the above article a few weeks ago, and I included in it some
excerpts from articles in the early 2000s that I had saved in my
archive. The article talked about large pro-Western student protests
that had to be crushed by the regime.

Today, those college students are 30-40 years old, and have moved into
positions of power. Those are the ones that bringing about Iran's
rapprochement with the West.