18-Dec-15 World View -- Another Putin lie: America wanted Turkey to shoot down Russia's plane / Turkey - Qatar

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

18-Dec-15 World View -- Another Putin lie: America wanted Turkey to shoot down Russia's plane / Turkey - Qatar

Post by John »

18-Dec-15 World View -- Another Putin lie: America wanted Turkey to shoot down Russia's plane

Turkey announces plans to build a military base in Qatar

** 18-Dec-15 World View -- Another Putin lie: America wanted Turkey to shoot down Russia's plane
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e151218

Contents:
Another Putin lie: America wanted Turkey to shoot down Russia's plane
Vladimir Putin praises Donald Trump
Israel and Turkey reach preliminary deal to normalize relations
Turkey announces plans to build a military base in Qatar

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Russia, Vladimir Putin, Turkey,
Syria, Ukraine, Bashar al-Assad, Donald Trump,
Israel, Mavi Marmara, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Qatar, Ahmet Demirok

vincecate

Re: 18-Dec-15 World View -- Another Putin lie: America wanted Turkey to shoot down Russia's plane / Turkey - Qatar

Post by vincecate »

Putin wrote:Perhaps there were some agreements at a certain level, that ‘we shoot down a Russian plane and you close your eyes on it,’ and that we, let’s say, enter Iraq and occupy some part of Iraq.

I do not know, but maybe such exchange did take place, however, we do not know it for sure.
John wrote:If Obama had wanted to occupy some part of Iraq, he would have done so months ago. ... Putin's remarks are simply a new lie.
Putin is saying perhaps Turkey (the "we" in first sentence above) would shoot down a plane and then occupy part of Iraq. Turkey was moving 2,000 troops into Iraq against the protestations of Iraq. It seems Turkey has now backed down on this large troop move into Iraq.

John

Re: 18-Dec-15 World View -- Another Putin lie: America wanted Turkey to shoot down Russia's plane / Turkey - Qatar

Post by John »

How about this:

"We do not know for sure if it was right or wrong if Putin raped and
beat an 8-year-old girl. Firstly, I don't know if Putin needs it or
not. Perhaps there were some agreements at a certain level, that 'I
rape and beat your daughter, you close your eyes on it, and that we,
let's say, give you a few rubles.' I do not know, but maybe such
exchange did take place, however, we do not know it for sure."

Post by Guest »

What makes you so sure we'll even be willing to fight? From what I've seen of the Millennials, they're a rather worthless generation. Self-centered, narcissistic, spoiled, and certainly unwilling to fight. I just can't see them being willing to take such losses against China the way the G.I. Generation did against Japan and Germany. To me, what's more likely is that they'll refuse to fight, not seeing the U.S. as worth defending, and decide that whatever China does is none of our business.

May sound harsh, but I've met a lot of millennials and most seem to behave this way.

Post by Guest »

I think you are partially correct. Young Americans are worthless; however, most of the young today are anchor baby off spring who don't view America as their homeland. America provides them with freebies. Most of the young in America today are ungrateful foreign scoungers. Let America die.

vincecate

Post by vincecate »

Guest wrote:I just can't see them being willing to take such losses against China the way the G.I. Generation did against Japan and Germany. To me, what's more likely is that they'll refuse to fight, not seeing the U.S. as worth defending, and decide that whatever China does is none of our business.
Obama would still defend the US territory, but if China were to take over Tiawan or some other nearby island, Obama might not fight. If I were China I would make any moves while Obama was still running things. So my guess is things happen in the next year.

Putin may have had similar thoughts.