29-Nov-15 World View -- Russia's military buildup a game-changer in Syria / Turkey's Erdogan 'saddened'

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

29-Nov-15 World View -- Russia's military buildup a game-changer in Syria / Turkey's Erdogan 'saddened'

Post by John »

29-Nov-15 World View -- Russia's military buildup a game-changer in Syria

Turkey's Erdogan 'saddened' by downing of Russia's warplane

** 29-Nov-15 World View -- Russia's military buildup a game-changer in Syria
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e151129

Contents:
Russia's military buildup makes Syria into a Russian no-fly zone
Russia ends food imports from many countries
Turkey's Erdogan 'saddened' by downing of Russia's warplane

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Russia, Turkey, Syria, Khmeimim airbase, S-400,
Georgia, Ukraine, Crimea, China, Taiwan, Britain, Nazi Germany,
Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Vladimir Putin

vincecate

Re: 29-Nov-15 World View -- Russia's military buildup a game-changer in Syria / Turkey's Erdogan 'saddened'

Post by vincecate »

John wrote:Actually, this statement sounds a bit desperate to my ear.
I think Turkey is starting to regret shooting down that jet. Syria getting a russian no fly zone means no more Turkey bombing the kurds and no more US dropping weapons to jihadis. Or if the US wants to drop supplies they have to clear it with russia first now. If Russia gives permission any more tow missiles will be shot up before they hit the ground as russian fighters will follow right behing the US jets. I think Putin knows what he is doing.

Recently there has been more and better drone footage of the war in Syria. Israel sells something like 60% of the worlds military drones. Israel recently announced they found lots of oil in the golan heights. I suspect Syria, israel, Russia, and Hezbola have now come to an understanding and Israel is selling them much needed drones and will keep the golan forever and Hezbola will not bother Israel's new oil fields. I suspect Israel really knew about the oil some time back but only now feels free to talk about it and exploit it.

If Russia gets a bunch of drones it will be much easier for Russia to know what to target and far harder for rebels to hide.