6-Nov-15 World View -- Obamacare prices skyrocketing in 2016, as I predicted in 2009

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

6-Nov-15 World View -- Obamacare prices skyrocketing in 2016, as I predicted in 2009

Post by John »

Kentucky's new governor Matt Bevin promises to end Obamacare abuses

** 6-Nov-15 World View -- Obamacare prices skyrocketing in 2016, as I predicted in 2009
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e151106

Contents:
Doctors prepare to strike UK's National Health Service
Veterans' medical services continue to worsen since 2014 scandal
Obamacare prices skyrocketing in 2016, as I predicted in 2009
Kentucky's new governor Matt Bevin promises to end Obamacare abuses
Four more Obamacare co-ops collapse in the last week
Obamacare 'risk corridors' are also collapsing financially

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Britain, National Health Insurance, NHS,
Veterans Administration, Obamacare,
Richard Nixon, Nixon's price controls,
Kentucky, Matt Bevin, Obamacare co-ops, Obamacare risk corridors,
Jonathan Gruber

Jack Edwards

Re: 6-Nov-15 World View -- Obamacare prices skyrocketing in 2016, as I predicted in 2009

Post by Jack Edwards »

Matt Bevin won because he wants to bring this disaster under control. Obamacare acolytes like Weissmann are appalled because they're too stupid to understand simple economics.
I think Matt Bevin won because he wasn't a Democrat.

As a resident of a rural part of Kentucky I would like to comment. I am not a Republican or a Democrat. The counties I've lived in generally are socially conservative but have strong long standing traditions of being Southern Democrat for those who have resided there for multiple generations. Many vote democrat not because they are liberal - but because that's just what you do. However only about 12 counties in the state voted more D than R, and most of those counties were close.

I have lived in the state over 20 years and this is the first time I have seen many of these counties go R.

Here are my observations:

People really weren't excited about this election. I drive an average of 100 miles/day through rural places, I saw hardly any campaign signs. Frankly I forgot there was an election until the day before. I did not hear anyone talking about how important it was to elect a Tea Party R to get rid of obamacare. I heard barely anyone talk about the candidates prior to election - and when they did, it usually wasn't complimentary of Bevin (The R that won).

I keep hearing from most media sources that Kentucky gives obamacare favorable reviews. I'm sure there are some that like it - I just don't know any of them. Most people I know are really ticked that their premiums over the last couple years have gone up so much (my premiums rose 14% last year, and I was just informed they will go up at least that much this year - I am not on obamacare). I see some friends post about their obamacare plans unfavorably.

Although I am not a Republican, for the first time in my life I marked the ballot R for a party line vote of all candidates. I was surprised when some others I met said similar things - that they voted strict party line for the first time.

I know how I feel and think the others I talked to felt similarly - they are tired of being told by people that live on coasts that their way of life is stupid, that guns are bad, that they are racists, that marriage all of a sudden means something else and that they are required to buy a product they don't want. The root of most of this displeasure comes from the democrats, particularly President Obama.

The outgoing democrat Governor was actually viewed pretty favorably - (From my perspective he was more competent and less corrupt than the Republican that came before him.) The Governor's son was one of only two democrats that won their race during the election (Attorney General).

Anyway, I've seen multiple pundits offering opinions about why the R won in KY, and I think most miss the boat. There are many Kentuckians that are sick of Washington and the President and they wanted something different, I think it's the same wave that has propelled outsiders to the front of the presidential primaries.

While obamacare isn't particularly popular - I don't think people voted for the Guy saying he was going to get rid of it - specifically because he said be was going to get rid of it.

My two cents,
Regards,
Jack Edwards