10-Oct-15 World View -- Politics may force Obama to 'over-react' militarily in Syria

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

10-Oct-15 World View -- Politics may force Obama to 'over-react' militarily in Syria

Post by John »

Obama administration announces an abrupt change of policy in Syria

** 10-Oct-15 World View -- Politics may force Obama to 'over-react' militarily in Syria
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e151010

Contents:
Palestinian-Israeli violence continues in Gaza and West Bank
Obama administration announces an abrupt change of policy in Syria
Obama administration may be forced into greater military role

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Israel, West Bank, Gaza,
Ismail Haniyeh, Benjamin Netanyahu,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL, Daesh,
Syria, Brett McGurk, Ash Carter, John Kerry,
Harry Truman, Truman Doctrine, Brookings Institution

MiPain

Re: 10-Oct-15 World View -- Politics may force Obama to 'over-react' militarily in Syria

Post by MiPain »

John
I cant help thinking of Obamas "tendency" toward narcissism and just how deeply a narcissist can be threatened by their carefully built world being shaken. His interview with 60 minutes after all did not go well. Being called out by a normally Obama friendly journo had to be unsettling. I suspect there will be more of that as the journos try to reclaim some illusion of impartiality going forward with a new administration. This could become a very dangerous time.

A continuation of our current psychotic alignment; Sunni Arabs against Sunni Isil but not Sunni Arabs against Bashir, Support for Kurds fighting Isil but no weapons for Kurds for fear they will turn them on turkey.All this policy does is make us and our mirror gazing President look weak and unreliable. So how will Obama respond will he retire to his bunker aware that the world does not understand his greatness, or will he lash out and what would be his options.

GENERATIONAL OBSERVATION AND QUESTION
I know you hate Bashar and Putin but I also know your research indicates a coming together of Shites, Russians, and the USA in the coming culture conflict. Conservatives have complained (myself included of the lifting of Iranian sanctions). It did appear to me to however to be validation for your predictions. Also a cultural indicator as well this week as Donald Trump recommended we do nothing and let Putin fight Isis and pick up the pieces later.

I believe we are heading where you predicted perhaps faster then you would like. I was hopeful our Iranian partnership would wait until the Iranians depose the current regime. I am hopeful that Russia can be persuaded to replace Bashir with a less brutal puppet.
giving us a pathway out and a cooling of conflict between ourselves and our future ally.

Do you see new leadership on the near horizon for Russia.