1-Oct-15 World View -- Russia humiliates US again as it begins striking Syria / Abbas's 'bombshell' a dud

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

1-Oct-15 World View -- Russia humiliates US again as it begins striking Syria / Abbas's 'bombshell' a dud

Post by John »

1-Oct-15 World View -- Russia humiliates US again as it begins striking Syria

Mahmoud Abbas's United Nations 'bombshell' something of a dud

** 1-Oct-15 World View -- Russia humiliates US again as it begins striking Syria
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e151001

Contents:
Mahmoud Abbas's United Nations 'bombshell' something of a dud
Russia humiliates US again as it begins striking Syria

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Mahmoud Abbas, Palestinian Authority, Hamas,
West Bank, Oslo peace accords, Ismail Haniyeh,
Russia, Syria, Bashar al-Assad, Vladimir Putin,
Jabhat al-Nusra, al-Nusra Front, John Kerry, Ash Carter,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL, Daesh,
Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan

Re: 1-Oct-15 World View -- Russia humiliates US again as it begins striking Syria / Abbas's 'bombshell' a dud

Post by Guest »

The Turks, also claiming to be fighting ISIS, have been targeting the Kurds in Syria and Iraq. With the Russians and Turks active in the skies and on the ground in Syria, how long will it be before they cross paths?

vincecate

Re: 1-Oct-15 World View -- Russia humiliates US again as it begins striking Syria / Abbas's 'bombshell' a dud

Post by vincecate »

John wrote:Abbas's threat, if implemented, would be a major blow to Israel, because Israel would be required to police and provide security for the entire West Bank, taking responsibility for chores that the Palestinians themselves current handle.
I am not sure Israel would agree with that. If the Palestinians will demonstrate they can not govern themselves by having complete chaos it might move them even further from ever being a real state.

Trevor

Post by Trevor »

It's looking like the third world war's already started. There's no rule that says it has to start in every region at once, and it looks like the Middle East is going to be first.

For all our unhappiness at what Putin's doing, I'm observing that there is a lot of support for his actions, even if the claims about intervening to stop ISIS is mostly a lie. Obama and Kerry are making their usual empty gestures, but many people here think we should assist him. I've seen many such opinions on Breitbart and other conservative web sites. I don't expect this to happen under Obama, but I'm beginning to think whoever the next president is will decide to reluctantly work with Russia, deciding that defeating ISIS is more important than getting rid of Assad. That's assuming it doesn't happen before then.

Post by Guest »

Trevor wrote:It's looking like the third world war's already started. There's no rule that says it has to start in every region at once, and it looks like the Middle East is going to be first.

For all our unhappiness at what Putin's doing, I'm observing that there is a lot of support for his actions, even if the claims about intervening to stop ISIS is mostly a lie. Obama and Kerry are making their usual empty gestures, but many people here think we should assist him. I've seen many such opinions on Breitbart and other conservative web sites. I don't expect this to happen under Obama, but I'm beginning to think whoever the next president is will decide to reluctantly work with Russia, deciding that defeating ISIS is more important than getting rid of Assad. That's assuming it doesn't happen before then.
The "alternative media" buys into everything RT (Russia Today) television puts out: Ukrainians are Nazis, ISIS is controlled by the CIA, etc. I can't believe how stupid these people are.

MarvyGuy

Post by MarvyGuy »

Guest wrote:The "alternative media" buys into everything RT (Russia Today) television puts out: Ukrainians are Nazis, ISIS is controlled by the CIA, etc. I can't believe how stupid these people are.
Watching France 24 (because Greece24 channel depresses Blue Drachma these days) they looked to honestly try to figure it out and the talking head admitted with all of the counter info going on he did not know the true story. One side you have RT and on the other US Media, which is clearly no better than RT in disinformation. I don't know who to trust on everything being said. For instance I think it is clear the State Dept was gun running via Benghazi and they probably let Christopher Stevens take the fall for it and have lied about it ever since. Many turn to alt media as most major news networks lie and do it often. Maybe they get the weather right once in a while.

So not really knowing what is going on (and we probably never will in our lifetime) we can see John's GenDyn plugging right along to the unfortunate ending. As John warned we can expect Muslim fundamentalists to strike at Russia in Russia itself.

Whether Russia bombs "moderates" or "fundamentalists" they are still killing Sunnis. The US tried to arm moderate groups in 1980 Afgan war and the money went to Wahhabi extremists (via Pakistan's Intelligence services) who worked to eventually defeat the local moderate Afgan tribes. I think no matter what happens the moderates were never going anywhere. You only have to look at Libya to see what happens when you replace something with nothing. I think that is why Putin is so set on supporting Assad even when it will come to haunt him in a big way (maybe he thinks he can avoid that issue but too many Sunni in Europe coming in to stop that now).

Obama is stuck as he was using moderates (and I think Fundamentalists) to remove Assad, so now he is backed into a corner in a round room. He has no where to run since Putin checkmated him politically. He will have to back Russia at this point and make noises about the moderates who were disappearing anyway. I suspect soon we will see discussions on Ukraine so Putin can extract himself while keeping his gains and see sanctions dropped.

The real question is when will China decide everyone is distracted enough to make their big move in the Pacific?

gerald

Post by gerald »

MarvyGuy wrote:
Guest wrote:The "alternative media" buys into everything RT (Russia Today) television puts out: Ukrainians are Nazis, ISIS is controlled by the CIA, etc. I can't believe how stupid these people are.
Watching France 24 (because Greece24 channel depresses Blue Drachma these days) they looked to honestly try to figure it out and the talking head admitted with all of the counter info going on he did not know the true story. One side you have RT and on the other US Media, which is clearly no better than RT in disinformation. I don't know who to trust on everything being said. For instance I think it is clear the State Dept was gun running via Benghazi and they probably let Christopher Stevens take the fall for it and have lied about it ever since. Many turn to alt media as most major news networks lie and do it often. Maybe they get the weather right once in a while.

So not really knowing what is going on (and we probably never will in our lifetime) we can see John's GenDyn plugging right along to the unfortunate ending. As John warned we can expect Muslim fundamentalists to strike at Russia in Russia itself.

Whether Russia bombs "moderates" or "fundamentalists" they are still killing Sunnis. The US tried to arm moderate groups in 1980 Afgan war and the money went to Wahhabi extremists (via Pakistan's Intelligence services) who worked to eventually defeat the local moderate Afgan tribes. I think no matter what happens the moderates were never going anywhere. You only have to look at Libya to see what happens when you replace something with nothing. I think that is why Putin is so set on supporting Assad even when it will come to haunt him in a big way (maybe he thinks he can avoid that issue but too many Sunni in Europe coming in to stop that now).

Obama is stuck as he was using moderates (and I think Fundamentalists) to remove Assad, so now he is backed into a corner in a round room. He has no where to run since Putin checkmated him politically. He will have to back Russia at this point and make noises about the moderates who were disappearing anyway. I suspect soon we will see discussions on Ukraine so Putin can extract himself while keeping his gains and see sanctions dropped.

The real question is when will China decide everyone is distracted enough to make their big move in the Pacific?
A Mosaic Of Facts - Media Weapons Of Mass Delusion http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-0 ... s-delusion

Can you tell truth from lies in mass media? RT’s Miguel Francis-Santiago delves deep to try to understand the intricacies of information war.

"Hopefully it will get more people in the mainstream to wake up to the extremely dangerous situation which has developed in the mainstream media, which more than any single factor is leading the world to war."
------------------------------------------------------
Meet Your "Independent" Media, America http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-0 ... ia-america
-------------------------------------------------------
Of course what is the truth? According to whom?

This has been going on for a very long time. Since before the time of the ancient priests of the city states. -- Our god is right, their god is wrong.
------------------------------------------------------

As for China? Maybe they need a distraction to rally the people, but sometimes that does not work.

What happened to the news regarding the bombings in China?

The Start Of China's Unrest? Southern China City Rocked By "Massive" Bomb Explosions, At Least 6 Dead
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-3 ... ons-3-dead

Second Massive Bomb Explosion Rocks Chinese City, Day After 17 Parcel Bomb Attacks Kill Seven
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-0 ... attacks-ki

It appears the the targets were civilian in nature and not government facilities.

If it was against the government why civilian targets?
If you are a lone crazy how do you do all of this yourself?
If you are a Muslim?

In an attempt to clamp down on religious expression, China has restricted fasting during the Islamic holy month of Ramadan in the Xinjiang region, which is largely Muslim... http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-N ... ng-Ramadan
----------------------
hmmmm