24-Aug-15 World View -- Asian stock markets in freefall, with China in full-scale panic North,South Korea mobilize

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

24-Aug-15 World View -- Asian stock markets in freefall, with China in full-scale panic North,South Korea mobilize

Post by John »

24-Aug-15 World View -- Asian stock markets in freefall, with China in full-scale panic

North and South Korea negotiate as both sides prepare for war

** 24-Aug-15 World View -- Asian stock markets in freefall, with China in full-scale panic
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e150824

Contents:
North Korea mobilizes its troops and submarines
North and South Korea negotiate as both sides prepare for war
Flood of Syrian migrants into Europe continues to grow
Asian stock markets in freefall, with China in full-scale panic

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, North Korea, South Korea, Kim Jong-un,
Cheonan, Yeonpyeong Island, demilitarized zone, DMZ,
Syria, Turkey, Greece, Macedonia, Serbia, Hungary, Libya, Italy,
China, Shanghai stock market

John

Re: 24-Aug-15 World View -- Asian stock markets in freefall, with China in full-scale panic North,South Korea mobilize

Post by John »

Anonymous1 wrote:The revolution may have begun:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-2 ... hotel-raid
I wish I'd seen that article a couple of hours ago.

China is on the edge of a cliff, needing only a little push to fall.

Re: 24-Aug-15 World View -- Asian stock markets in freefall, with China in full-scale panic North,South Korea mobilize

Post by Guest »

John wrote:
China is on the edge of a cliff, needing only a little push to fall.
[/quote]

Do you mean a full-blown revolution? Wouldn't a revolution and civil war end Chinese hegemony in Asia? Would that (at least temporarily) derail the planned nuclear attack on America?

I wonder if the core communist leadership, which is currently trying to buck reforms, will use this crisis to throw out President Xi Jinping? I think that is more likely.

jmm1184

Post by jmm1184 »

It's hard to say what this could result in. It could be the beginnings of a new rebellion. If so, and if Chinese history is any guide, then expect the revolution to take on a life of its own, and China splitting into various factions vying for power.

Also, a rebellion would not necessarily end Chinese hegemony - it could actually expand it in the long term. Throughout China's history periods of civil war have produced great leaders who reformed the nation's problems and increased its power over east Asia. It is just as likely that a revolution could allow for younger, less cautious leaders to take power from older leaders and lead the Chinese nation on,campaigns of conquest. This is what happened in the French revolution.

thomasglee

Post by thomasglee »

I haven't commented in the forums in quite some time, but I continue to follow this site and your daily posts as I have for at least half a decade now. I'm writing today because I just have to laugh at the idiots on CNBC. As the market was rallying earlier today, they repeatedly had on guests would, with big shit eating grins on their faces, would keep repeating, "the market is strong, housing prices are up, blah, blah blah. See how the market is rebounding, this is just more of an indication that the selloff was an over-reaction, blah, blah, blah". But now that the market has again tanked (dropping over 500 points from intraday highs and closing down nearly 300 points on the day) I do not see them having those same guests on and aksing them if they're still smiling. The narcissistic, lying, thieving bastards make me sick.