25-Jul-15 World View -- Commodities and world trade volume plunge as China pumps stock market

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

25-Jul-15 World View -- Commodities and world trade volume plunge as China pumps stock market

Post by John »

Turkey's warplanes bomb ISIS and PKK strongholds in Syria

** 25-Jul-15 World View -- Commodities and world trade volume plunge as China pumps stock market
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e150725

Contents:
Turkey's warplanes bomb ISIS and PKK strongholds in Syria
Commodities and world trade plunge, signaling stock market decline
China's stock market partially 'recovers' after destruction

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Kurds, Suruç,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL, Daesh,
Incirlik Air Base, Syria, Kobani, Kurdistan Workers’ Party, PKK,
gold, copper, China, Shanghai, China Securities Finance Corp, CSFC,
Industrial Bank

Re: 25-Jul-15 World View -- Commodities and world trade volume plunge as China pumps stock market

Post by Guest »

Anyone know if gold is worth buying? It seems strange gold is dropping when there is so much economic and political instability.

ohmeohmy

Re: 25-Jul-15 World View -- Commodities and world trade volume plunge as China pumps stock market

Post by ohmeohmy »

Anyone know if gold is worth buying?
You may want to read Martin Armstrong's blog. He posts occasional analysis of gold.
http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/35296

shoshin

Post by shoshin »

I can't speak for John, but he is usually VERY negative on gold.

Post by Guest »

shoshin wrote:I can't speak for John, but he is usually VERY negative on gold.
Why? You can carry a few gold coins away with you when your country is fire and start over elsewhere.

gerald

Post by gerald »

Guest wrote:
shoshin wrote:I can't speak for John, but he is usually VERY negative on gold.
Why? You can carry a few gold coins away with you when your country is fire and start over elsewhere.
To do so you must be very sneaky, duplicitous and lucky. Why? Maybe things like this ---

(FDR) signed Executive Order 6102 on April 5th, 1933 and Executive Order 6260 on August 28th, 1933. Order 6260 revoked and superceded 6102. These laws in short order made it illegal (a federal crime with outrageous penalties of a $10,000 fine and/or 10 years imprisonment) for any law-abiding US citizen seeking to protect his wealth by simply possessing physical gold coins or bullion which were lawfully, abundantly and freely in circulation!
http://www.gold-eagle.com/article/gold- ... dictions-0

If you are leaving the US and fly, how do you plan to get through security? If the above happens again? --- If you live elsewhere and your government gets desperate what will they do? Laws can be easily changed.

Are you going to go through the trouble like the high level Nazi escaping to Switzerland? He made tools out of platinum, wrenches etc. dressed himself as a mechanic and said to the Swiss authorities that he was a mechanic they looked at his tools and believed him ( platinum looks and feels like steel ) and let him into Switzerland.

Post by Guest »

Interesting story. Do you know that guy's name? Did he go on to have a normal life?

Gold is still a good idea. You don't have t fly out of a country. You could sneak across a border (people do that every day). I think we live in such terrible times that gold is one thing necessary to survive. That's why I read this page. I'm trying to figure out what to do and where to go.

gerald

Post by gerald »

Guest wrote:Interesting story. Do you know that guy's name? Did he go on to have a normal life?

Gold is still a good idea. You don't have t fly out of a country. You could sneak across a border (people do that every day). I think we live in such terrible times that gold is one thing necessary to survive. That's why I read this page. I'm trying to figure out what to do and where to go.
Sorry, the story is one of those things one reads and pays no attention to, but years or decades later pops into one's mind. I have also read it is wise to carry gems ( not diamonds - the Russians could flood the market and destroy their value ) since gems can have high value and are small in weight and not what the governments are looking for, it is a possibility --- it is a dangerous game. I knew of a Chinese man who escaped from China under Mao, crawling under barbed wire with nothing but some gems, they are light, he did ok.

In this --- you are playing a game of Craps --- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craps