5-Jun-15 World View -- With Syria's army nearing collapse, Iran plans massive troop deployment

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

5-Jun-15 World View -- With Syria's army nearing collapse, Iran plans massive troop deployment

Post by John »

Greece and Europeans fail once again to reach an agreement

** 5-Jun-15 World View -- With Syria's army nearing collapse, Iran plans massive troop deployment
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e150605

Contents:
With Syria's army nearing collapse, Iran plans massive troop deployment
Iran and Syria may invoke 2006 mutual defense agreement
Greece and Europeans fail once again to reach an agreement

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Syria, Iraq, Idlib, Bashar al-Assad,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL, Daesh,
Russia, Jabhat al-Nusra, al-Nusra Front, Iran, Qassam Soleimani,
Greece, Alexis Tsipras, International Monetary Fund, IMF

Trevor

Re: 5-Jun-15 World View -- With Syria's army nearing collapse, Iran plans massive troop deployment

Post by Trevor »

And now we've even got a few hundred people from Europe and the United States going overseas to fight ISIS, mostly alongside the Kurds but also in an attempt to protect Christian communities. I wonder what the reaction in their home countries will be when Westerners fighting against ISIS over there start getting killed or captured.

solomani

Re: 5-Jun-15 World View -- With Syria's army nearing collapse, Iran plans massive troop deployment

Post by solomani »

Further reports indicate that hundreds of troops from Iran's élite Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) have also arrived, and are deployed northwest of Damascus near the border with Lebanon.
Can you stop calling them elite? Elite is an earned designation not a title the unit gives itself and this "guard" unit has never distinguished itself in battle.

John

Post by John »

> Further reports indicate that hundreds of troops from Iran's élite
> Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) have also arrived, and are
> deployed northwest of Damascus near the border with
> Lebanon.
solomani wrote: > Can you stop calling them elite? Elite is an earned
> designation not a title the unit gives itself and this "guard"
> unit has never distinguished itself in battle.
Well, I'm just using the word "élite" because it's used in all the
mainstream press reports.

But I don't think your definition of élite is correct. In Washington
and on Wall Street, I would say that "élite" is a synonym of "crook."
In that sense, the IRGC are élite.

solomani

Post by solomani »

John, ahh OK, I am not familiar with that definition (don't live in the US!). Was more the military definition. I can grant an ironic use of the term for the IRGC :lol:

MarvyGuy

Post by MarvyGuy »

Hey Trevor another question might now become with the majority of "migrants" (UN approved terminology) possibly being Sunni what happens in Europe when the big war kicks off and some of the European states are fighting against Sunni? What also happens in Europe between Sunni - Shia factions - I have a Sunni colleague whom I overhead telling a friend that there have been a few scuffles in from of the Mosque between Sunni men and a rowdy Shia guy.