23-Feb-15 World View -- Egypt's al-Sisi calls for a joint Arab military force / Deadly MERS virus surging early

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

23-Feb-15 World View -- Egypt's al-Sisi calls for a joint Arab military force / Deadly MERS virus surging early

Post by John »

23-Feb-15 World View -- Egypt's al-Sisi calls for a joint Arab military force

Deadly MERS virus surging early in Saudi Arabia

** 23-Feb-15 World View -- Egypt's al-Sisi calls for a joint Arab military force
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e150223

Contents:
Deadly MERS virus surging early in Saudi Arabia
India has worst H1N1 swine flu outbreak in years
Egypt's al-Sisi calls for a joint Arab military force
Armenia's president sends condolence letter to Egypt's al-Sisi

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, Saudi Arabia, Hajj, India, H1N1,
Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus, MERS-CoV,
Egypt, Abdel al-Fattah al-Sisi, Libya, Ansar al-Sharia,
Islamic State / of Iraq and Syria/Sham/the Levant, IS, ISIS, ISIL, Daesh,
Qatar, Gulf Cooperation Council, GCC, Jordan, Israel,
Turkey, Algeria, France Italy, Armenia, Recep Tayyip Erdogan

NoOneImportant

Re: 23-Feb-15 World View -- Egypt's al-Sisi calls for a joint Arab military force / Deadly MERS virus surging early

Post by NoOneImportant »

Wow, looks like the Arab Spring has morphed into the Arab Shit storm. What a mess, the chaos gets worse by the day. I am going to have to make a list of the cast members. It's starting to look a lot like the credit list that rolls at the end of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.

MarvyGuy

Re: 23-Feb-15 World View -- Egypt's al-Sisi calls for a joint Arab military force / Deadly MERS virus surging early

Post by MarvyGuy »

The one thing I never see discussed very much (not watching “teevee” anymore so perhaps I just missed it) is the US/EU approach to the Arab Spring and the resultant chaos it has caused. For instance why did US back Brotherhood in Egypt but not al Sisi; why overthrow Kaddafi who was cooperating for the uncertainty of what you would end up with; why didn’t they back the Iran uprising… Will we ever know the real reasons why, and does it even matter at this point? I suppose in a crisis era the “why” is interesting from a technical standpoint but the result will be the same anyway.
I am telling friends that they are crazy if they accept a job in Saudi Arabia right now (or Emirates, Qatar etc). I am surprised how many are drawn to the money and none of them have thought through the implications of the current Sunni/Shia conflict. I tell them but many just look at me like I am crazy (or give me a blank stare). I ran into a US manufacturer (selling wares in Saudi) with his European sales rep from Turkey (in tow) and neither of them had thought through the implications of the current conflict. Thanks to John I was able to explain it roughly and they both looked a great deal more nervous at the end. Now whether that prompts a change I have no idea – but I seriously doubt it since it takes time to adsorb and by that point may be too late for them to modify/abandon their current business model. I didn’t even get a chance to tell them about the coming financial collapse which would have totally ruined the “our busniess is going great” meme.

gerald

Post by gerald »

MarvyGuy -- The coming financial collapse ? What are you talking about, every things looks just fine, ignore those storm clouds in the distance. ---- What you are describing is kinda like an arroyo,--- it can be a dry wash (like a river bed ) where water flows intermittently, very easy to walk upon. However, if in the distance you see a thunder storm with heavy rain, leave the arroyo immediately and seek high ground , for a wall of water may be heading in your direction and wash all before it, away, and what comes toward you can be more rock then water. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfRfE8iJPRo

MarvyGuy

Post by MarvyGuy »

gerald you have a good point. The term "collapse" does not really say anything. It conjures an image and so is a metaphor more than something accurate. The arroyo is also a metaphor (and a nice one I think). I suppose I am resorting to metaphors as I am having a difficulty to really understand the scope of what is going to happen. Is it increased unemployment and economic depression with wages/prices falling and over 1/2 of any developed nation is “out of work” (which appears to be pretty much the case today in many western countries if we could count those on welfare or just not looking so ratio of “workers” to “takers”) but despite that life “carries on” and the system resets (so P/E returns to historical average) then market reform and everything gets eventually back on track after a few years. Is it a complete breakdown of all financial systems with banks going under, people lose their entire life savings, jobs and homes, with mass migrations, breakdown of the rule of law with riots, armed gangs seizing control etc? Could it be a mix of the two with the central governments seizing all power to the point that you have in the end a dictatorship (so a Marxist revolution followed by a Stalin/Mao type)? I am not sure how far to go on this one to be honest so I toss out the word “collapse” not knowing what else to say in succinct fashion. I guess I could start saying economic arroyo!

PapaBear

Post by PapaBear »

I think NoOneImportant had it almost right. Perhaps the best way to describe the coming economic, political, social upheaval that will over take the world would be to call it the Great Shit Storm... or perhaps the Great Shit Hurricane. Nothing will ever be the same afterwards, except that the GD dynamics will start again and approximately every 4 generations the survivers will start crisis wars on much smaller scales until their timelines link up into larger and larger conflagrations.