13-Feb-15 World View -- Europe faces 'enormous tragedy' over Europe's Mediterranean rescue program

Discussion of Web Log and Analysis topics from the Generational Dynamics web site.
John

13-Feb-15 World View -- Europe faces 'enormous tragedy' over Europe's Mediterranean rescue program

Post by John »

Confusion reigns over Ukraine ceasefire deal

** 13-Feb-15 World View -- Europe faces 'enormous tragedy' over Europe's Mediterranean rescue program
** http://www.generationaldynamics.com/pg/ ... tm#e150213

Contents:
Europe faces 'enormous tragedy' over Europe's Mediterranean rescue program
Confusion reigns over Ukraine ceasefire deal

Keys:
Generational Dynamics, European Union, Italy, Mare Nostrum, Triton,
Vincent Cochetel, UNHCR, Eritrea, Somalia, Syria,
Russia, Vladimir Putin, Ukraine, Petro Poroshenko, Germany,
Angela Merkel, France, François Hollande

MarvyGuy

Re: 13-Feb-15 World View -- Europe faces 'enormous tragedy' over Europe's Mediterranean rescue program

Post by MarvyGuy »

I have been thinking that if, in the end, the US will be aligned with Russia Putin will “win” anyway. Thinking in this fashion I would think they should drop the sanctions, make nice and let Vlad roll all his forces East. The Chinese are probably very happy that he is so bogged down in the West. Reports that China and Russia are purchasing a lot of gold to get ready for the reset to be in a stronger position. The West may find itself is no position whatsoever to dictate anything to Russia soon.

A wilderness voice

Re: 13-Feb-15 World View -- Europe faces 'enormous tragedy' over Europe's Mediterranean rescue program

Post by A wilderness voice »

Ukraine's only chance is and always has been the United States. The Ukrainians have always known that, too. If Russia wins and sanctions are dropped, Europe is only setting itself up for another invasion. Next, most likely, the Baltics and Poland.

I always remember the monkeys on TV tut-tutting appeasement of Hitler in the 1930s and asking how could people be so blind? So stupid? Well, history is repeating tiself. I'm not wrting this because John has written it; I'm writing it because it is obvious to anyone who has actually read the history of the period. I actually laugh outloud when I read the "anaylsis" spewed out by the talking heads on TV.

Joining up with Russia is a mistake. Do you really want a Europe dominated by Russia? Do you have any idea what that would mean? If you have any hope that it would be positive in the slightest way, then you know nothing.

America is the Ukraine's only chance. And just think: America is controlled by the worst group of politicians ever.

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

Great post Wildeness... if you need a second, I second that.

One of the great achievements of the 20th century was the discovery that "... you will become what you think about." Things have, for quite some time, been turned upside down: market valuations, murdering the unborn is okay, so long as we don't have to hear them scream as they're dismembered (read helpless), moral relativism, cultural equivalency, political correctness, all sheer idiocy... the essence of the message is: think crazy long enough, and you will come to believe that crazy is normal.

MarvyGuy

Post by MarvyGuy »

I have been meaning to reply but have been too busy. I apologize; my intent was not to proffer the “benefits” of rule under Putin. I was simply trying to take what GD has been predicting – alignment between US/Russia/India/Iran vs. China/Pakistan – and look at Ukraine in that light. I do not see John saying (or perhaps I missed it) that Putin will roll his tanks West but that somehow Russia will be aligned with the US against China and therefore will roll its forces East and/or South-east. (Possibly after a detour west? I hope not!)

Today I see the European coalition against Putin is beginning to fray (or certainly looks like it anyway) with the US apparently taking a hard-line approach. My European friends are very worried about the US sending arms and creating the prospect for all out war in Europe (hence the French are worried about fulfilling their contract with Russia for the Mistral class vessels). If, in fact, China is the real issue as per GD then if we could talk everyone down from the cliff it would be to settle things in Ukraine, drop all sanctions, make nice and ask Russia to deploy to the east. To stop the Russia vs West and encourage rather Russia vs East. There is a real concern about Ukraine becoming another Syria proxy war between the US and Russia (so no one wins).

NoOneImportant

Post by NoOneImportant »

Marvyguy wrote:
I do not see John saying (or perhaps I missed it) that Putin will roll his tanks West but that somehow Russia will be aligned with the US against China and therefore will roll its forces East and/or South-east. (Possibly after a detour west? I hope not!)
Putin's Russia is, at this moment, certainly a problem. I read something within the last few days that alluded to Putin not being a permanent fixture, as the "king makers"(my terms not the articles) are not overly happy with him even though his public opinion numbers are very high. Sorry I don't remember where, or what I read otherwise I would link it. I was quite startled by the comment, I believe it was some defense thing, but really can't recall. John's work is impressive, I, in some regards disagreed with him several years ago... I now bide my time, as I would never have guessed about Iran under the Mullahs.